What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Battery safety in mech mods for beginners

It's a V3 tronix clone and a Buddha clone dripper

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1491739171.665872.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1491739188.250340.jpg

Was using it for a little Sunday. Was quite nice. Only used for about half hour but loved the flavour off it

This is really useful, but short & something I'll need to keep reading over & over until I get it. Ive watched the Mooch video but you lose interest after a while it was too long, although I have read up on battery safety. My concern is doing something unintentional that I'm not aware of eg a rip or tear on a battery sleeve that I might not see for example.

On a side note, is there anything physical about a mod that we should consider?.

Should it be made from a certain material, vent holes etc etc

Thank you

You wrote

"In Parallel, something very different happens. the amp load gets spread between the two batteries.
BUT as there is 'something' (bits of wire or lumps of metal) joining positive to positive and negative to negative, this 'something' already adds some resistance into the equation. The recommended way to allow a safety element for the completely unknown resistance of the 'something' is to only rely on HALF the amperage of the second battery. So, using 2 x 20A batteries DOESN'T mean you can safely vape at 40W...... it means 30A would be considered safe."

Did you mean 40A?

Thanks for the Article. Nice to run through it all and see that we are all on the same page.

I'd also add that, unless your mod is designed for it (like the broadside with its insulated tube) it is not advisable to run your batteries positive terminal down/negative up. It obviously doesn't make a difference to performance whether the 510 pin is negative or positive but it will increase the risk of a dangerous hard short should your battery wrap get damaged. With positive up a damaged battery wrap can auto fire the atty by bypassing the button. Not good, but you will at least get to know something is wrong. If the same short happens with the positive down then the short will be between the button and side wall of the mod and the only way of knowing is when the mod gets hot quickly when fired which could be too late.

Back
Top Bottom