What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

aspire cleito coil rebuild

Thanks for the advice yappycat. If I don't win a coil building kit on here I'm going to buy the coil master kit. Bit more than I would of like to have paid but has everything in it

Thanks for the advice yappycat. If I don't win a coil building kit on here I'm going to buy the coil master kit. Bit more than I would of like to have paid but has everything in it

You don't actually need as much stuff as you think you might to get started. I have only built 2 coils myself just to see how the coiling thing I had worked (you can see the pathetic creatures floundering in the pink tub in the pic lol - not needed to try em out yet thankfully ;) ) but what's pictured is my entire coiling/wicking stuff and it's not very much. Unless you're as visually challenged as I am you probs won't need a magnifier with a headlamp on it :D I bought the bits separately but to be truthful I'd have loved one of those Coilmaster kits...I just couldn't afford it so I'll be super jealous of you when you get yours...even more so if you win it and get it for free!! :) Still, I got my fingers X'd for you..unless I've entered the same giveaway/comp...in which case I'm giving you the stinkeye and hoping I'll win :p

coil.JPG

I think we entered the same giveaway! Hopefully not too much stinkeye [emoji23]
Looking at your photo I actually have most of the tools as I fix phones and iPads now and again. Where did you buy the ohm meter? Then I just need some ceramic tweezers as mine are metal, although I could just use mine without any power going to the deck?

Just got em from FastTech when I was ordering other stuff the ohm meter is pretty crappy tbh, you're better off getting one that you can fire the coil on while you're tweaking about with it. However here's the link https://www.fasttech.com/products/1721501 The tweezers n that are also el cheapo https://www.fasttech.com/products/5134700 they've been ok for while I'm learning the score and any bits n' pieces that I find myself using a lot I'll probs buy a better version of in the future. I don't use the ohm meter much tbh, I really only use it to double check what my mod reads the coil(s) at seeing as I can't fire the coils on the meter its not very useful. So learn from my mistake there, but at least it wasn't a costly mistake to make :) Also you're fine using metal tweezers as long as you're not firing the coil at the time, at least I hope thats ok coz I always use a skinny metal screwdriver thingy to poke about when I'm wicking the coil and I've seen plenty of tutorials where they're using metal tweezers n' stuff. I'd say they're deffo worth the investment tho if coilbuilding is something you wanna stick with :)

Hopefully my rta will be delivered Tuesday, got the fat boy tank today and can't wait. The only thing I'm thinking is will my pico be ok powering this. I'll probably vape at around 0.4 ohms at 45watts. Just as I have been with the pre made coils. Might have to get some more vtc5's to keep in my pocket.
I'm sure I spent less smoking [emoji23] ah well at least my health is better and I don't stink

Is it the Pico 75w you got? That will be fine for the Cleito + RTA, in VW mode it can cope with coil resistance of 0.1 - 3.5ohms, and the coils that come preinstalled in the RTA are 0.4 I think so no major difference to what you're used to already :)

Thanks yappycat, yeah I've got the pico 75w. I do love it but the battery doesn't last all day. Was thinking of getting a dual battery mod just for convenience but love the way the pico sits it your hand. Might look into the pico mega instead.

I hear ya - love my CF4 TC100, in the house @ my pc its fine coz I'm never far away from a charger and I never go much higher than 50w or so in VW mode, TC is a bit more draining but again - I'm hooked up to the charger. Just got a RDA tho and I can't use that in the house (way too much foggage ;) ) and I'm hitting the power limitations of the device hard, only having a single internal battery just compounds the problem. I just ordered one of these http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_376843.html and was a bit worried it might be too big for my small hands but I popped into my B&M yesterday to have a grope of their display model :p ofc it's heavier with having 3 batteries in it but it felt comfortable in my hand, a lot smaller than I expected it to be :)

Pretty sure you'll fall in love with the RX, @yappycat [emoji4]

I hope you're right - I've only been vaping since the end of June or summat and this will be my 4th device. I keep getting stuff and thinking I'm all sorted, then I'm all like...ooh wonder what drippers are like and realise that....
NEED MOAR POWER!!!! RAWR!! :ape1:

Back
Top Bottom