What's new

Why will eliquid bottle sizes be limited to 10ml?

Babies can't read warning labels but are attracted by bright colours (with spray locks that are far from child locked)

154210048_wide.jpg

I don't understand what point you're making.....

So government should go back and review what's allowed for all products, to ensure that they are child safe by current standards? Well yes that might be a good idea, but clearly it's a big job and needs starting somewhere - makes sense to start it with new products.

Point = more important things Govt should be worrying about than bottles of juice that adults won't be leaving lying around.

lol - yeah but there's always something more important that they should be doing. Same with police, or any public body.

It will be interesting to see what our industry will look like by May of next year. California is home to most U.S vaping companies and we just had a large tax passed here among others states that will go into effect this coming April 2017. Many will move, some will re brand and others will close shop but we wish our friends across the pond the best of luck with your regulations :) We must continue to deal with the nonsense of our governments and proceed on for the greater good of vaping. We must continue to supply an alternative to smoking.

It will be interesting to see what our industry will look like by May of next year. California is home to most U.S vaping companies and we just had a large tax passed here among others states that will go into effect this coming April 2017. Many will move, some will re brand and others will close shop but we wish our friends across the pond the best of luck with your regulations :) We must continue to deal with the nonsense of our governments and proceed on for the greater good of vaping. We must continue to supply an alternative to smoking.

Well said HighClassVape, and good luck for next year to you and the others in the same position.

In a nutshell, the TPD are trying to make things as awkward as possible for the vaping industry in hopes that people give up and go back to smoking. The tobacco industry has lost an enormous amount of money because of vaping, and the tax on cigarettes was a massive government income aswell. On top of that the pharmaceutical companies are losing money from cessation products such as nicotine gum and patches.

They want people to smoke but they can't just ban vaping because there is no proof that vaping is actually harmful.

Imagine if it was the other way around and smokers were only able to buy one or two cigarettes at a time... haha
Hi I believe somehere I read that bottles to be that size because in case a child manages to open a child proff cap and drinks it yet I don't see bleach etc being sold in 10ml bottles & where's the child proof lock on a pack of cigs ! I have only recently got into vaping but what the TPD is doing is really annoying me :12: & will not stop me or stop me helping others start to get of the cigs & point them in the right direction

Hi I believe somehere I read that bottles to be that size because in case a child manages to open a child proff cap and drinks it yet I don't see bleach etc being sold in 10ml bottles

ejuice-packaging.jpg
ice-cream-cake-ejuice.jpg
Oompa Liciouspack.jpg

Parts of the industry hasn't helped itself here .... and I'm sure this is partly the reason we are now having to put up with all this shit. ..... fucking stupid and irresponsible imo.

View attachment 116508 View attachment 116510 View attachment 116511

Parts of the industry hasn't helped itself here .... and I'm sure this is partly the reason we are now having to put up with all this shit. ..... fucking stupid and irresponsible imo.
Yep.. I know we get annoyed at what we see as innapropriate marketing but the point here is that the legislators dont give a shit about that.. what influenced them was the massive backhanders they got from but pharma and big tobacco companies... and this would be happening without these marketing ploys anyway.. just follow the money

Yep.. I know we get annoyed at what we see as innapropriate marketing but the point here is that the legislators dont give a shit about that.. what influenced them was the massive backhanders they got from but pharma and big tobacco companies... and this would be happening without these marketing ploys anyway.. just follow the money

Yeah, I agree .... I just think the 10ml bottle thing as an argument stands up better when you present something that looks like something a child would want to consume. You wouldn't get away with bottling toilet cleaner, calling it 'Mr Wonka's ice cream cake' and packaging it in that way... that's why I don't think the argument is all that convincing ... for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom