What's new

TPD 2ml tanks loophole

I think it's clear that they are more concerned about tax revenues than saving people's lives. Vaping is cutting a big hole in the Governments tax take. They will want it back. Tax on nic is about the only thing they can try. Here's a route for success in terms of taxation:

1) Regulate the market
2) Levy a tax on the market

So they are almost half way there!

Yes and they will likely raise the duty on eliquids gradually year by year hoping that no one will notice. I think at that point vapers will start to wean themselves off the nicotine and go for 0%. I dont know about other people but its not just the nicotine that calms me, its the action of drawing on the ecig and having it in my hand when drinking coffee or having a pint. Nicotine is only calming because we crave it when we go without it for too long - then we take our fix and everything is ok again. But if you can break that addiction I think it should still be possible to vape 0% eliquids and enjoy them without feeling nervous without the nicotine.

Not to mention the fact that vapers could buy the highest strength possible which will soon be 20mg and mix it with 0% juice. Its very difficult for them to do something about this.

Last edited:
I have to point out that according to my MP...

Ministers have confirmed that there are no plans to mandate European Union rules on taxing e-ciggarettes and no proposals have been submitted. As the EU Commission clarified last week, all that has happened is the Commission has been asked to analyse the issue of e-cigarettes further as wider part of the Tobacco Duties Directive. Any proposal would need the unanimous support of all 28 EU governments to be approved.

So might well conclude that a vaping tax is imminent....

In all honesty, I think we need to put all our efforts into lobbying support for vaping and fighting the TPD rather than giving up and trying to find loopholes!

This. Well said.
We need to fight for a free vape industry. Not be skulking about in the shadows. Jumping through loopholes and creating black markets. I am by no means the hottest on vaping advocacy, but I try my best to do what I can. It's just a shame some people give up so easily. No offence intended!

What's bugging me is the replacement glass for a 2ml+ tank. What if my subtank mini glass breaks? Will it be easy to obtain a replacement glass?

What's bugging me is the replacement glass for a 2ml+ tank. What if my subtank mini glass breaks? Will it be easy to obtain a replacement glass?
I think ur always going to get the replacement parts a bit of glass can be used for anything

In all honesty, I think we need to put all our efforts into lobbying support for vaping and fighting the TPD rather than giving up and trying to find loopholes!
I do agree but if you can't change a bad law atleast a work around is better than failure.

I do agree but if you can't change a bad law atleast a work around is better than failure.
Who's failed?!

The day you give up fighting is the day you fail.

Vapers are the only people deciding whether they succeed or fail.

Just food for thought

The OP has a very good point - be grateful if anyone could shed any light on this

The TPD directive applies to nicotine products - but many vapers use zero percent nicotine - so couldnt everything continue as normal - large tanks, juices for non nicotine products ? (I know mods are unaffected)

If so, all I need to buy is a barrel of nicotine liquid

If so that means the legislation is meaningless, or more importantly it only applies to equipment intended for use with nicotine

EDIT - Had a quick look and I think non nicotine liquids PG/VG/Flavourings are unaffected - they can be sold in large volumes and don't need certification - so my question is will tank manufacturers still produce tanks that cater for these vapers - of course no one would use them for anything but their intended purpose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom