Vape Superstore
What's new

Johnson & Johnson - ASA Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Reading through the judgement above by the ASA - is there such thing as a licensed eCigarette product? They note, "[we] reminded them that when advertising unlicensed nicotine-containing e-cigarettes on their own website" - I'm just confused that to call something 'unlicensed', implies there is a license available for that specific product.
Companies are able to apply to the MHRA to gain a licence for a 'medical' vaping product.

To date there has been no applications, but (I believe I remember correctly) BAT are working on producing a device that will then be able to be stocked in pharmacies and prescribed by doctors. I'll be checking on that before writing this up for next week's newsletter.

Until that point comes, all products are unlicenced and therefore have to conform to the advertising standards as detailed in the ruling.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
@ Mr Numpty: yeah, crock of horseshit it is, indeed. Of course , the only way to properly protect children is to keep it where small children won't get hold of it, same as your pretty painkillers, and to teach older children to value their lives and to exercise a tiny bit of common sense.
My Granddad made me smoke a shitload of cigarettes and then his pipe to make me sick. It certainly taught me a lesson.

Consequently, I made my children drink bleach and rub broken glass into their eyes. Tough love, yes, but it's the only way young people learn anything these days. They ought to be taught in school by firing high velocity books at them.

If the Education Minister is reading this, I have plenty of other ideas for your moribund cabinet meetings.

If the 20mg/ml and 10ml max limit was just about child protection, then all they needed to do was take larger bottles and higher strength liquids and put child proof caps on them.

Oh wait...

AcmeFog
Has anybody looked closeley at the small print one of those nicotine patch packages,. It's extremely intersting. For example:

"One patch of 30cm2 containing 52.5 mg nicotine....average absorption rate 21 mg nicotine in 24 hours" (that's from a "21mg " patch)

Ohhhh? lools like big Pharma could have saved Dr Farsolinos a lot of trouble, doesn't it? They had the exact same ratio worked out long ago.

More to point: note there's a double standard being applied here?

If e-juice is limited to 20 mg max, bugger the absorption rate, why doesn't the same ruling apply to NRT products? And fags, come to that. It's not made explicit is it, but I'm thinking that the tobacco industry must surely also be be qoting the amount of nic absorbed by the average smoker, not the amount in the tobacco , same as Big Pharma.

To be fair and equitable, those 21 mg nic patches should be marketed as 52,5 mg patches, and be subjected to screams of public outrage about the dangerously high nic content. And heavy smokers should be forced to attempt to quit smoking using 20mg patches, .average absorptrion rate 6 point something mg per day.

Seriously.

yeah i could see a kid putting lots of them on thinking there plasters good point

question is would the papers print the story

who's kid is taking one for the team hahaha

There is actually a long list of boycotts against J&J for a multitude of reasons, so don't worry.

Vape Club
There is actually a long list of boycotts against J&J for a multitude of reasons, so don't worry.
Please stop bumping old threads. It's about to be 2022. 2017 is looong gone.

Vape Green
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom