What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Am I nuts for thinking this?

Not sure if you can read it from the photo, but made me laugh/ cringe thinking someone must have tried it for them to put a warning on it
Screenshot_20170709-215237.jpg

Last edited:
I was commenting on the logic of the statement though. You could add nicotine to any liquid you like, no? It is absurd to label a product that doesn't contain nicotine, as containing nicotine. Especially if it also says 0% nicotine on it.

I get that. But why would, and what are the chances of, anybody adding nicotine to any old liquid that is not meant for vaping? It would just be a waste.
However, there is one obvious reason why, and many people would, add nicotine to nicotine free liquid created for the sole purpose of vaping.
I get what you're saying. And as I mentioned in another post; I think TPD is insane. But I can see the arguments they would use to justify their madness. That's all I'm trying to point out. Not saying I agree with it in any way, shape or form.

But I get it. Why would anybody buy a grinder and a bong to smoke tobacco?!

Last edited:
Top and bottom of it is (imho), the fuckers in power around the world are pissed. How very dare us lowly mortals develop a means to quit the evil weed, while the methods created by their cronies in big pharma have had limited success. We've cost them millions, maybe even billions in lost revenues, and they've got egg on their faces. All these regulations serve to achieve is to put us back in our places. We find loopholes, and they close em. But I think they've underestimated the determination of many vapers worldwide to prevail. We need the guys making the juices to keep plugging away, keep investing and developing, while we keep supporting them where we can, and the advocates to rally the troops collectively, rather than all this fragmented shit I've seen over the last 2 years (nearly).

Sermon over :)

Top and bottom of it is (imho), the fuckers in power around the world are pissed. How very dare us lowly mortals develop a means to quit the evil weed, while the methods created by their cronies in big pharma have had limited success. We've cost them millions, maybe even billions in lost revenues, and they've got egg on their faces. All these regulations serve to achieve is to put us back in our places. We find loopholes, and they close em. But I think they've underestimated the determination of many vapers worldwide to prevail. We need the guys making the juices to keep plugging away, keep investing and developing, while we keep supporting them where we can, and the advocates to rally the troops collectively, rather than all this fragmented shit I've seen over the last 2 years (nearly).

Sermon over :)

Absolutely agree money plays a huge role in this. And Big tobacco! They've got extremely fat raking in the billions upon billions year after year and they don't like people spending their money elsewhere. And they've got the money and connections to lobby for stupid regs.

Big Tobacco is a double edged sword (again imho). Surely they must've realised by now that burning tobacco is so yesterday, and they need to adapt to the new kid on the block (vaping), or disappear into obscurity. Problem I see is the vape shit they're currently producing isn't anywhere near as good as what we currently have, and may not help smokers quit. They could use their vast resources and contacts to promote and legitimise vaping worldwide, but then again they would probably want to monopolize it too. Then there would be the high taxes, and the stigma associated with it still being related to tobacco.

I really hope they can successfully and economically synthesise nicotine, but then again the governments would still want their cut.

But I can see the arguments they would use to justify their madness. That's all I'm trying to point out. Not saying I agree with it in any way, shape or form.

But I get it. Why would anybody buy a grinder and a bong to smoke tobacco?!

Aye I can see why they are doing it as well, it's as insane as putting a "contains nicotine" sticker on a chunk of metal (tank) though. Maybe even more so, as it's confusing for anybody specifically looking to buy 0 nic liquid for it to have a "contains nicotine" label.

But I get you, we probably agree more than disagree on this.

I really hope they can successfully and economically synthesise nicotine, but then again the governments would still want their cut.

I think there are a few American companies already selling synthetic nicotine. But I'm not sure it would get round he regulations here in the U.K., I reckon they'd still classify it as a tobacco product. I mean, they are classifying tanks and 0 nix liquids as tobacco products, which don't even contain nicotine of any sort never mind been near a tobacco plant.

i remember having to use- note pad paper , bus ticket,
i even unrolled emm tobacco ends from the ashtray and stuck them together to make a smoke one day lol sad but true guys

I'm sure we've all been there. I know I have.

What's truly sad in my eyes is that governments will interfere in the most mundane aspects of our lives. They will regulate and ban products designed to save lives, stop us smoking and dying through disease and cancer. But they won't even dream of stepping in to ban the actual problem; cigarettes. Despite the fact that they are extremely addictive (pound for pound as psychologically addictive as heroin) and have ZERO benefits to the user.

Cigarettes should be illegal and those who produced them and caused this pandemic should be tried for crimes against humanity. You don't make something as addictive as heroin with 4000 toxic chemicals in it and put it on the market for the general public whilst claiming for decades that there's no health problems linked to it without being held accountable in my book.

Back
Top Bottom