What's new

Am I nuts for thinking this?

Screenshot_2.jpg

But then surely if you state zero nicotine and also state contains nicotine on juice that is false advertising which trading standards charge and fine companies for

That's why you'll start to see a second warning in addition to the first...

A bit from a blog post I did last week:

'You’ll start to see a lot of scary warning labels when you go into your local vape store:

nic-warn.png

Oddly enough compliant tanks, and mod kits containing tanks, require this label. Even though they don’t actually contain any nicotine until you add it. This has led to everything being repackaged. Of course, when it was noted that the new warnings effectively breached Trading Standards everything had to packaged AGAIN!

Trading Standards advised that a second warning is needed to warn the buyer that the first warning is essentially incorrect…still with me? So now the warning pictured above should be accompanied by the text:

Applies when the product is used with e-liquids containing nicotine.

I seriously have no idea what to say about that, it’s too silly for words. I mean you couldn’t make this stuff up.'

Not everyone is gonna have those second warnings sorted yet - I'm guessing TS will have to give leeway for the time being.

As vapers we get a bit paranoid that we are being picked on, but I think the warning "May contain nuts" on a packet of nuts sets the bar.

I seem to remember a recent bit of info from Lee at Dripworx. He was told by Trading Standards that his
0% liquid had to be labelled "this product contains nicotine " or something similar. They said that, although it did not contain nicotine, it could if nicotine was added. Absolutely crazy but that is how their minds work. Don`t think they would let a shop get away with what you are suggesting.

Ha ha by that logic, every kind of liquid you can buy in a shop should be labeled "contains nicotine"!

If i bought a pack of nuts which states on the label 'may contain nuts' and it didnt contain nuts. I would go nuts and contact trading standards.

I thought they would try the potential use but then I've seen shops both head shops and corner shops but they sell things that are for smoking weed and it's an illegal substance but everything you need to smoke it you can buy over the counter and it's purposely made for that or other illegal drugs

The issue there, as I see it, is that anything you use/buy for smoking weed you can argue is for tobacco or perfectly legal herbs. What else is a mod for if not firing up a tank or a tank if not for vaping juice?

Ha ha by that logic, every kind of liquid you can buy in a shop should be labeled "contains nicotine"!

Only if said liquid was created for the sole purpose of being vaped.

The issue there, as I see it, is that anything you use/buy for smoking weed you can argue is for tobacco or perfectly legal herbs. What else is a mod for if not firing up a tank or a tank if not for vaping juice?

Mods existed before vaping, with 18650 batteries for firing torches. The 510 connector identifies a mod as a vaping device, but torch heads now exist with 510 connectors.

Should an electrical supplier that sells no vape gear have to label his mods "May contain nicotine"?

Back
Top Bottom