What's new

Am I nuts for thinking this?

I find it most frustrating because of the vague wording...like you say devices that could be used for vaping...I'm now going to buy a car battery some jump leads a length of pipe and some wire wool...

But then surely if you state zero nicotine and also state contains nicotine on juice that is false advertising which trading standards charge and fine companies for

I found what he said :-

Its all cool guys, i spoke with my local trading standards today and asked then what the score is, because i have been told different things everytime i speak to someone.

What they have said is, zero nic bases are fine so long as the zero nic base has the nicotine warnings on. We have updated our labels with these now.

Also they cannot be sold as a kit, they must be sold separate.

Apart from that its all good, no big deal really
emoji4.png

Its very much a grey area and there is hardly anything about it in the TPD, essentially it is a DIY product thats nicotine free. However it can contain nicotine if a customer adds it to the base so for that reason it must have the standard nic warning on the bottle - my mistake, which has now been sorted.

So even though it does NOT contain nicotine, i have to label it to say it does. With a small line of text under it saying "only applies when product has been charged with nicotine" ....lol.

t
I found what he said :-

Its all cool guys, i spoke with my local trading standards today and asked then what the score is, because i have been told different things everytime i speak to someone.

What they have said is, zero nic bases are fine so long as the zero nic base has the nicotine warnings on. We have updated our labels with these now.

Also they cannot be sold as a kit, they must be sold separate.

Apart from that its all good, no big deal really
emoji4.png

Its very much a grey area and there is hardly anything about it in the TPD, essentially it is a DIY product thats nicotine free. However it can contain nicotine if a customer adds it to the base so for that reason it must have the standard nic warning on the bottle - my mistake, which has now been sorted.

So even though it does NOT contain nicotine, i have to label it to say it does. With a small line of text under it saying "only applies when product has been charged with nicotine" ....lol.
That doesnt make sense, if its Zero nic, it doesnt fall under TPD, therefore you dont need put any labeling, all trading standards are not on the same page, and it'll be a lot of settling down in the weeks to come.

t

That doesnt make sense, if its Zero nic, it doesnt fall under TPD, therefore you dont need put any labeling, all trading standards are not on the same page, and it'll be a lot of settling down in the weeks to come.
I know. It`s like saying a bottle of tonic contains alcohol with another label saying it doesn`t but could do if alcohol is added. Maybe Trading Standards should carry out training before they send out their "officers".

Called in my local shop and they showed me 2 products both were regulated mods 1 had a nicotine warning on it same as fag tobacco packs and the other didn't. And this is TPD. So if I go into a shop and buy a bottle of coke surely that should have an alcohol warning on it coz as some have said it has a "potential of use"

I know. It`s like saying a bottle of tonic contains alcohol with another label saying it doesn`t but could do if alcohol is added. Maybe Trading Standards should carry out training before they send out their "officers".
it depend on who is giving them the training :)

Hmmm
There are a lot of crazy rules, Rizlas can't be sold to under 18s for example, even though they contain no tobacco.

Boots now have to label all their cotton wool "May contain nicotine".

Back
Top Bottom