What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

2Ml Tanks

We might have done already. If the TPD isn't enforced with prosecutions, then it's business as usual.

As I've mentioned in another thread, most retailers have ditched 2ml+ tanks that come with assembled coil heads, however a majority of them still stock large capacity tanks that come with a rebuildable deck only, including the RBA version of the TFV12. I'm assuming these tanks are a grey area due to requiring assembly by the consumer prior to use.

Examples of rebuildable tanks still widely available:

- Smok Cloud Beast King RBA (6ml)
- OBS Engine Nano (5.3ml)
- Geekvape Griffin 25 Plus (5ml)

Another example of this ruling is that large tanks that do come with an RBA option but still accept factory coils were killed off under TPD ruling such as the TFV8 Cloud Beast.

We might have done already. If the TPD isn't enforced with prosecutions, then it's business as usual.

Sadly, it looks like the vendors have been scared into complying. One online vendor told me he's got leftover non-compliant stuff , but daren't sell it because being "watched like a hawk" .

Personally , I managed to get a few larger tanks in the Pre-TPD sales, but that doesn't help vapers who missed the boat. Does anybody know if imports are affected? I The same vendor who said he was being watched like a hawk also said I should still be able to import non-TDP compliant stuff from outside the EU, OK, because the ruling only applies to sellers, not buyers. But I don't know if he really knows that for a fact, or if it's just speculation? It wouldn't be much fun to have your new tank, or juice consignment seized by customs en route , would it?.

Sadly, it looks like the vendors have been scared into complying. One online vendor told me he's got leftover non-compliant stuff , but daren't sell it because being "watched like a hawk" .

Personally , I managed to get a few larger tanks in the Pre-TPD sales, but that doesn't help vapers who missed the boat. Does anybody know if imports are affected? I The same vendor who said he was being watched like a hawk also said I should still be able to import non-TDP compliant stuff from outside the EU, OK, because the ruling only applies to sellers, not buyers. But I don't know if he really knows that for a fact, or if it's just speculation? It wouldn't be much fun to have your new tank, or juice consignment seized by customs en route , would it?.

I have a Ammit Dual (3ml/6ml) and a Steamcrave Supreme V2 (5ml) on there way from FastTech, not anticipating any issues but I'll let you know.

I've just received a Smok Spirals Plus (4ml) ordered after 20th May from Efun.top from their European warehouse, no problems. I guess with the shear amount of vape hardware coming in to the UK (speaking to a local vendor, he's not bothering with hardware now as the mark up is too small whereas E Juice has an OK markup) it's going to be impossible for customs to open every parcel (no contents description on the package) and check whether it's a 2ml or above. Lets not forget that customs are looking for far more serious stuff than a tank that holds above 2ml, though I'm sure once in a while they might make an example of some unfortunate soul to put the frighteners on people who buy from abroad.

Last edited:
I received a Geekvape Ammit (single coil) yesterday that I ordered from FT om May 31st. I used the UK epacket postage option.

As far as i understand it, it was the uk gov that put the 2ml tank rule into the tpd rules. I didn't know this until i saw a review from a well known reviewer on u tube.

I saw that video too. Germany had the right idea in disputing the wording of it which is why the TRPR has that one single line added to it about refillable tanks not being more than 2ml.

2ML Tanks are not that bad imo. I have been using one since last week, and although it is a pain in the ass to refill twice as often, I can also change the flavour more often so there is a plus side I guess...

apart from when we are going out we have to carry refill bottles with us
aswell as usb and spare battery -for me anyway- not good in the summer time

The irony of this being that often we will be carrying more juice, to refill such a small tank. This completely nullifies the 'less liquid = more safety' arguement put forward for a lot of the crap in the TPD. Also a 60ml bottle of 3mg contains the same amount of nicotine as a 10ml 18mg. 0mg can be any size, so we can conclude that the EU think that eliquid without nicotine is not harmful. So why can't we sell juice that scales down nicotine levels as it scales up in size? Does anyone else miss the logic there?

Back
Top Bottom