What's new

Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Reuleaux for you…

Wismec’s has done it again with a new compact dual cell (18650) mod which for me a is very easy to carry and great in the fist. This design comes from the JayBo range with the sleek alter ego. The kit is at perfect pricing and well established in the modern vape world. This is sure to be a part of the everyday kits people are going to be using.

resize_DSC_0125.JPG

Out the Box
The Gen3 Dual comes in 6 different colour options, including gloss black, gunmetal, gold, white and the two-tone pearlescent purple/brown and purple/blue.

The kit includes a previously mentioned review of the Gnome King which is a favourite of mine, which I use daily. I won’t go too much into the tank as this is something which I have reviewed already. (see tank product reviews)

The mod can reach up to 230w and has many different functions from the Temp control (TC) & Variable Wattage controls. Both work a treat when you have managed to update the firmware which is advised by Wismec.

In the box, you get one extra spare glass, two coils, all the spare parts for the Gnome King. There are the usual usage manuals and safety cards. The standard micro USB charging cable, I wouldn’t bother it does charge pretty quick, but Wismec themselves do say recommended to charge through a battery charger.

This box mod is very light and easy to the eye compared with other dual cell mods. When the tank is fitted it is a nice well-balanced bit of kit, which is still going strong.

Main Features:

Max 230W output with dual 18650 cells

1.3-inch large display

2A max charging current for quick charge

Designed by JayBo

Dual Circuit Protection & Reverse Polarity Protection

resize_DSC_0127.JPG

The Build

I have been using the mod between 40 and 95w and it works very well through the different coils. For me, I don't like to be hitting the higher wattage why? well its simple I tend to chain vape and having the lower wattage stops the burning and also batteries last a lot longer, again this is depending on which batteries you are using. I would recommend a higher mah like the EFEST 3500mah.

resize_DSC_0121.JPG
resize_DSC_0122.JPG

The buttons are a lot smaller than the RX 20700/21700 which for me isn't a problem but might have a few vape fanatics says it's on the smaller side. The buttons are very clicky which I like seems to make the mod feel a better build. They’re all located in the right place and are easy to reach with your thumb whether you’re a right or left-hand firer.

Wismec_Reuleaux_RX_GEN3_Dual_with_GNOME_King_Kit_Parameter.jpg

The menu option has stayed the same as previous Reuleaux Mods; a simple 3 clicks of the JayBo/fire button brings lets you switch between different settings using the - & + buttons adjusting to the users preferred options. It is hard to get used to if you are a beginner but after practice, it will slowly become second nature.

Altering the wattage is easy to use the - & + buttons which will increase or decrease the watts in .1 and if held down will rapidly increase or decrease.

resize_DSC_0120.JPG

2-week review

I’ve been using this kit now for the two weeks and I’m sure in saying that its great… not only do I get people asking what’s that mod and how can I get my hands on one all the time, the design is for sure amazing, a real head turner.

In the two-week period, I have used this mod daily and constant with six sets of batteries not yet have I had an issue with the practicality of it. The power is equally distributed through the tank and the firing is instant. I did get a notice to update my firmware for the mod as there was a missing software, which installed a crafty little Wismec logo, nice touch. Also, improvements have been made to the TC mode which makes this more consistent, some people were against the TC mode due to its flaws.

There are two things which stand out to me which are little, and I mean little annoying points, the bottom battery door is slightly damaged through the change of batteries again not best of pleased as it has only been opened and closed several times also I dropped it in the car and the black housing is slightly moving. This could have been a much more of a solid outer, but I get it to help transfer heat from the mec. However, there is no damage to the paintwork at all this does include no scratches to the tank area.

Would I buy another of course only if this were to break. It’s simple why have two one is great, and it would be sacrilege not using it. So, guys and gals I do say go out and buy one its perfect as a nighttime vape mod and for the light-hearted beginner vapor.

resize_DSC_0123.JPG

Pros

· Stunning appearance

· Quick fire

· Small to the hand

· 6 colour options

· Durable

· Works well in all conditions

· Good hit

· Low wattage, but high-power coils

Cons

· Bottom door damage due to various battery changes

· Bottom door slightly loose prior battery fitment

· Low brightness of the screen

Conclude

The question is would I buy this Kit? I would it really is everything you need, size, build colour options and the tank is cracking. I can't wait to use the new mesh coils just to see how good they are.

The mod performs just as good as when I first used it and its brilliant how this just keeps delivering. I have updated this as previously mentioned due to the TC mode and a few other bits it required putting right in the firmware. I can't really say I've used TC mod much as, not a big fan as you have to get the set-up pretty damn perfect so it delivers.

Overall, Wismec and JayBo you are truly great at collaborations I never falter any of your work and I always look at purchasing your products. Well done, people go out and buy this kit it really is amazing. If I managed to break it I would buy another, it's just everything you need.

resize_DSC_0117.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual - Purple/Brown
E-liquid – Various Liquids - 70/30 3mg Nic
Coils – WM01 & WM02 – Would highly recommend using the dual coils
Batteries – Samsung 2500mah 18650s

Appreciate your efforts in doing the review mate, I think one of the most important specs a lot of us look for (on more of a NEED to know rather than want to know basis) and tend to place a great deal of importance on, to the pont where the value of such specification can more often than not be the reason we buy or don't buy a particular mod (or related product).

Before the presumably pointless reveal that many will have already guessed, I'll end by adding that, despite being an extremely essential, decision defining spec, it's weirdly enough, almost always absent in reviews, most of which seldom even remotely refer to it all, nevermind list or discuss it as an asset, or (shock horror) standout feature...

The Spec that regularly makes or breaks my own & many other Vapers decision to part with their cash and purchase device?

Well, the diameter of the 510 connection of course, well, more precisely, the maximum diameter atomiser a device can fit without overhang spoiling aesthetic or function.

To some, an unimportant info nugget about a disinteresting feature, to others, a crucial factor in weighing a decision to purchase or not.

Appreciate your efforts in doing the review mate, I think one of the most important specs a lot of us look for (on more of a NEED to know rather than want to know basis) and tend to place a great deal of importance on, to the pont where the value of such specification can more often than not be the reason we buy or don't buy a particular mod (or related product).

Before the presumably pointless reveal that many will have already guessed, I'll end by adding that, despite being an extremely essential, decision defining spec, it's weirdly enough, almost always absent in reviews, most of which seldom even remotely refer to it all, nevermind list or discuss it as an asset, or (shock horror) standout feature...

The Spec that regularly makes or breaks my own & many other Vapers decision to part with their cash and purchase device?

Well, the diameter of the 510 connection of course, well, more precisely, the maximum diameter atomiser a device can fit without overhang spoiling aesthetic or function.

To some, an unimportant info nugget about a disinteresting feature, to others, a crucial factor in weighing a decision to purchase or not.
Haha I love the Intro

Note taken and really well pointed out

I can say i will add this to all future reviews along with shots

Back
Top Bottom