What's new

Wismec Luxotic BF Squonk

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
The little eXOTIC box

Wismec is here again with their first BF (bottom fed) Squonk box. I must say it’s a bit of kit too, with its small compact design and easy to use set up. It’s a must for anyone starting out using BF devices. I myself have only just started using squonk mods as I’ve been big on sub ohm and TC box mods. Witness the new Luxotic BF Squonk…

resize_DSC_0112.JPG

Out the Box

So the Wismec Squonker… there are 5 different colour options Black Honeycomb, Purple Swirl Resin, Rainbow Resin, Honeycomb (Yellow & Green) all are a good option and I’m sure they will attract all the market.

The deck which is included in the kit is the Tobhino BF RDA, nice dinky little piece to be fair and I think it works well with the sizing of this little pocket rocket. It doesn’t overhang, It’s not too tall and its simple. Sometimes we just need simple right… so included with the RDA is two Clapton Fused Coils, both pre-cut so a bonus to all beginners out there who haven’t used this type of set up before. However, I would seek professional help with the first initial set-up, just to cover your back. However, there is a safety feature built into the mod so you’re sure to be safe. Also some cotton so all you’ll need for this kit is a battery and e-liquid.

resize_DSC_0122.JPG
resize_DSC_0123.JPG

Also you will get an 810 Drip Tip and a decorative ring which sits prior the deck being screwed onto the mod. Nice little finisher.
Two purple BF bottles are Included and they are 7.5ml filled to the metal brim. I like these and think they are easy to compress and are well made how long they will last I’m not sure but it they seem good enough for the use.

And then there is the user manuals along with a warranty card and warning the usually legit stuff.

The Build

The Luxotic has a single fire button which is very clicky and seems to be a very robust single button. This lights up and I wasn’t aware of this until it reached night time. It has been said the mod is unregulated and a lot of places are selling this has an unregulated mod. Yes, it is however, they are not mentioning that the mod has built-in safety features which are a bonus compared to other squonk mods on the market. The power is constant at 100w and it fires more or less straight away, but you cannot regulate the power output.

resize_DSC_0126.JPG

The build is of great quality and it’s a solid metal device which tops others in the category at present regards to pricing. The magnetic resin finish battery cover is easy to remove and has a strong magnetic connection to both the battery and the mod itself. A bottom plate covers the bottle opening, again this is magnetic too. The mod requires only one 18650 battery I used the Efest 18650 3500mah. The bottom is built up of a little honeycomb plate which is to direct warmth from the battery and mod, I haven’t yet had any overheating. However, there is some issue with it keep displacing itself if a slight catch on the bottom side.

Building on the deck is simple and takes a minute as they are already pre-made and cut so there is no messing with them. The wicking has to be set right and when I mean set right you have to make sure that you have the cotton close to the BF hole and I don’t mean covering It as It will not fill the well and juice will not soak into the cotton.

resize_DSC_0127.JPG

The priming takes minutes and can be vaped pretty much soon after. The feed system is built on an aluminium rod and liquid pours into the tank well when the bottle is compressed, with no issues at present.

2 week review

So I have been using this product for just over two weeks, there really hasn't been any issues or changes at all. I have changed the wick a few times due to getting some dry hits and popping.

The niggly bits are still there especially with the bottom cover, which really did get annoying, it really isn't for my hand size.

Battery life is epic and I must say its last at least two days!

resize_DSC_0121.JPG

Pros

· 5 designs

· Airflow is on form

· Consistent flavour

· Small and compact

· No leaks due to the bottom fed system

· Good hit

· 100w constant power to the single coil

· Battery life

Cons

· Getting used to the way it works (beginners only)

· Bottom cover comes away with big hands

· No way of knowing the battery life

resize_DSC_0124.JPG

Conclude

So, would I buy this mod? Yeah, of course, its sleek, simple and looks good. I wouldn't recommend advising any beginner purchasing this as it can be fiddly when building the Tobhino tank.

I like the tank it really is decent. I did have it set up for MTL as provided and it sure works great for MTL. I did try using an 810 dripper tip and it works good but not the best in power. It could have done with being able to alter the wattage but I'm sure it would have made this device too big.

Well done Wismec and JayBo, I think you have cracked it on my usage and overall quality. The design is flawless I'm always interested in what JayBo and Wismec have installed for the future...

resize_DSC_0115.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

My chosen Kit – Wismec Luxotic BF Squonker - Purple Swirl
E-liquid – Vampire Vamp – Cool Red Slush - 70/30 3mg
Coils – Single fussed Clapton - 0.18ohm
Batteries – Samsung 2500mah 25r (Green)

Back
Top Bottom