What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Welcome Back, the Beloved Blotto Series

dovpo_hannah

Postman
The Blotto Single Coil RTA Tank is finally available now. And here’s the link to the detail description page: https://dovpo.com/products/blotto-single-coil-rta-by-dovpo-vaping-bogan

And let’s talk about this latest RTA here, and please remember that if you guys got any question about this tank, just leave it on the comments and we’ll get to it as soon as possible.

Blotto-Single-Coil-01.jpg

Specifications:
272 Degree Airflow
Elevated Metal Backed Airflow Posts
Strengthened AFC Ring & Base
Dual Diffusion Airflow System
Top Filling System
2ML (TPD Version) & 5.8ML Juice Capacity
Improved Cotton Well Design
23mm Diameter

The biggest difference between this new single coil one with the original is that although the Blotto Mini supports single coil building, this new Blotto is simply for DTL single coil vapers. Means that the cotton well is more narrowed for the right amount of cottons for single coil vaping, which will stop extra juice and airflow rattling around the chamber. Also, the posts back were made of metal & won’t be melt down due to the hot temperature.

The original beloved honeycomb style airflow & top filling system.
Talking about the top filling, we canceled the rubber rings that inside the top cap, which is more convenient for customers because you don’t have to buy the extra or change it when it gets old. The rubble won’t get melt, and make it hard to pop out.

Blotto-Single-Coil-02_82e90d57-b086-4ded-a09a-4cffe2d1b4f4.jpg

So far, the feedback we had for this Blotto Single Coil is all positive. It’s doing whatever you expect for a single coil RTA. Compares to the mini, the air flows more conscious and more concentrated to the cotton, providing as great flavors as the original.

Here’s the information we thought you may want to know. And again, feel free to ask anything about it here, and we’re more than happy to answer.
There are already YouTube reviews out there too, you could have a visit & watch now here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blotto+single+coil

One more thing, should we run a new product testing event here?

Hi @dovpo_hannah & @dovpo_uk I have both the original Blotto and the Mini and run them on a 3mm single coil. What I found great with these was the fact that wicking was so easy, no thinning or trimming, just cut to length and fit. I see from above that the decision was made to reduce the wicking slots on this version to "Reduce extra juice and airflow rattling around the chamber" for me this was not an issue I found in the previous versions. It looks to me that the wicking slots have been reduced to accommodate the coil fixing points.

I understand that the chimney has reduced in size which could possibly increase the vaper/air ratio and produce a more saturated vape and also resolve the air lock issue the Blotto Mini had with the straight glass. The improvements to the air intakes are interesting and the change to the fill cap seal is a good idea.

Has the issue with regards to condensation leaking through between the base and AFC been looked at? A slight niggle I have with all my Blotto's (soggy bottom).

And yes I think a product testing event on POTV is a great idea.

Last edited:
I have to say I'm very much looking forward to the new Blotto @dovpo_uk, rumours suggest it's going to be excellent.

A testing event would be a great idea and good for business. @dovpo_hannah graciously letting me test the Odin 100 made a convert out of me, and now I sing your praises to whoever will listen. I have my little Odin beside me right now and haven't been without it since I received it.

I can't imagine this one would be any different.

Best wishes.

Hi @dovpo_hannah & @dovpo_uk I have both the original Blotto and the Mini and run them on a 3mm single coil. What I found great with these was the fact that wicking was so easy, no thinning or trimming, just cut to length and fit. I see from above that the decision was made to reduce the wicking slots on this version to "Reduce extra juice and airflow rattling around the chamber" for me this was not an issue I found in the previous versions. It looks to me that the wicking slots have been reduced to accommodate the coil fixing points.

I understand that the chimney has reduced in size which could possibly increase the vaper/air ratio and produce a more saturated vape and also resolve the air lock issue the Blotto Mini had with the straight glass. The improvements to the air intakes are interesting and the change to the fill cap seal is a good idea.

Has the issue with regards to condensation leaking through between the base and AFC been looked at? A slight niggle I have with all my Blotto's (soggy bottom).

And yes I think a product testing event on POTV is a great idea.
Out of curiosity. On your single build we’re do you place the coil?

In the middle or to the side?

Having been somewhat dissapointed with both the Blotto & Mini I've given this a miss. Flavour wise they were decent but the OG was, IMO, too restricted in dual & airflow went to pot in single. The Mini was again a restricted DL in dual & it lacked flavour in single. The airflow set up was never designed for single coil . The new Blotto looks as though it's overcome those issues, perhaps this is what the Mini should have been, & not a cut down version of the OG.
If you need someone to give a super critical appraisal of testing gear :D I'm available :rotflmao:

Smack bang in the middle, 3mm flapton 5/6 contact wraps at 0.3ohm, sings at 42-45w
Try cutting the legs a 4mm and pushing to the side tucked in to one of the air flows. But make sure you fluff your cotton in the juice ports.

Having been somewhat dissapointed with both the Blotto & Mini I've given this a miss. Flavour wise they were decent but the OG was, IMO, too restricted in dual & airflow went to pot in single. The Mini was again a restricted DL in dual & it lacked flavour in single. The airflow set up was never designed for single coil . The new Blotto looks as though it's overcome those issues, perhaps this is what the Mini should have been, & not a cut down version of the OG.
If you need someone to give a super critical appraisal of testing gear :D I'm available :rotflmao:
I know it’s subjective but I find it airy to a point we’re I close it 1/4 as a dual build. The coils need to be almost touching the air intakes so as not to restrict the bottom air intake.

But all I’ve vaped on for the last 12 months is the Blotto so it might just be me.

Back
Top Bottom