What's new

VOOPOO DRAG X PLUS PROFESSIONAL EDITION REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

VOOPOO

Manufacturer
Your probably asking yourself what is different with the professional edition, there are a couple of upgrades that have been done that will make some people very happy and later on I'll discuss what the changes are and how well they are. First off as always let's get to know the Drag X Plus Professional Edition .

COLOR CHOICES

1.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE DEVICE

2.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

VOOPOO Drag X Plus Mod Professional Edition

Brand VOOPOO

Product Name Drag X Plus Professional Edition Mod

Battery Single 18650/21700 battery(not included)

Output Wattage Range 5-100W

Output 8.5V max

Material Zinc, Leather

Output Mode VW, SMART, RBA

Screen Display 0.96 inch TFT screen

Thread 510

Charging Type-C charging

Color Black-Black, Black-Coffee, Silver-Grey, Silver-Retro Brown, Silver-Blue

PARAMETERS

Size 139.8 x 34.5 x 28mm 141 x 35 x 29mm

Material Zinc Alloy, Leather, PCTG

Battery single 18650/ 21700 battery(Not Included)

Output 5-100W

Output modes VW, Smart, RBA

Input voltage 3.2-4.2V

Screen 0.96 inch TFT display, dual UI themes

Resistance range 0.1-3.0Ω

Chipset GENE FAN 2.0 chip

Ignition 0.001s firing speed

Charging Type-C, 5V/2A

UNIVERSAL 510 CONNECTION

3.jpg

4.jpg

SMART MODE AND RBA MODE

5.jpg

21700 OR 18650 WITH INCLUDED BATTERY ADAPTER TUBE

6.jpg

100 WATT OUTPUT

7.jpg

GENE FAN 2.0 CHIP

8.jpg

DUAL UI - ( CORE ) - ( IRON )

9.jpg

EIGHT SAFETY PROTECTIONS

10.jpg

NOW WITH NEW BOOST CIRCUIT

11.jpg

12.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

After opening the package up and sliding the container out of the sleeve I was very pleased that Voopoo stayed with the leather wrapped spine on the new upgraded Drag X Plus device. I was sent a sample device only and not the kit that includes the TPP Pod/Tank, the final retail version should be the same as what was sent to me though, I just need to mention it. It's still as beautiful as the original Drag X Plus device. I received the Silver Grey color and as you saw in the color choices there isn't a bad one, I wish I was sent 2 colors to show you all.

13.jpg

One of the changes that was done on the new Drag X Plus Professional device is a cosmetic one that involves the lettering on the leather covered spine of the device. On the original Drag X Plus the lettering had a more blocky wider look to it, the new one has a more detailed sharper appearance being cut deeper in the leather. The original reviewed Drag X Plus is in a gunmetal frame while the new one is in a silver frame. The only cosmetic change that was done on the new professional edition is with the leather.

14.jpg

In this closer view you can see the detail a little better, deeper engraving in the leather. I think it really improves the look and makes the lettering's appearance really pop.

15.jpg

The 510 up top hasn't changed and is still spring loaded with a slightly stiff throw to it.

16.jpg

The battery door also remains the same as well and is as solid as the original. Battery polarity is marked on the inside of the battery door with a negative symbol, as the original had no positive marking inside the battery tube the new Drag X Plus is without one also.

17.jpg

18.jpg

As I mentioned earlier I was sent the device only but wanted to include the TPP Pod/Tank in testing the new professional edition. As you can see the front of the device has not been changed from the original with all buttons in the same location as well as the type-c charge port. The display is the same and the two choices of UI are included also ( core ) - ( iron ). Below is the vertical iron UI that is more suited for the display screens quick glance, the core UI has a horizontal appearance , the smart mode ( yellow color screen ) is pictured with the S letter next to the wattage being displayed. The smart mode is a fantastic feature that I believe Voopoo introduced and is beginning to show up on other manufacturers devices which only allows wattage to be raised to the maximum wattage a Voopoo coils maximum wattage rating will allow, protecting the user from burning up a coil. There is a best recommendation from a minimum to a maximum for each Voopoo coil and the smart mode sets it automatically at the best minimum.

The display screen is still bright and vivid and still has the same layout and information laid out in the exact same order as the original Drag X Plus. I'll list the display below from left to right and top to bottom.

* Name ( DRAG )

* Battery Bar

* Wattage

* Mode

* Puff Counter

* Ohms Resistance

* Volts

* Seconds Vaped

* Last Vape Time Vaped Graph

19.jpg

As with the original Drag X Plus the new Professional Edition Drag X Plus also has a RBA mode that goes up as high as 100 watts. When in RBA mode the display screen changes from a yellow screen to a blue screen and the S letter changes to R ( RBA ). The smart coil function is eliminated when your in RBA mode, both UI can be used in RBA mode as well.

I mentioned earlier there were a couple of upgrades on the Professional Edition Drag X Plus, one that I've already shown is the cosmetic change, the other change is on the chip. The original Drag X Plus never had a boost feature which could cause the device to not fire if the battery was low and depending on your build in RBA mode could cause a long time to ramp up.

20.jpg

With the new Drag X Plus Professional Edition now having boost that problem has been eliminated. I wanted see and confirm that the 8.5 volt output that Voopoo claimed was indeed reaching 8.5 volts so I built a 1.2Ω coil of 24 gauge kanthal wire to check ramp up time on the original Drag X Plus vs the Drag X Plus Professional Edition. I'm sorry for the poor quality of photos but my camera broke down. The first picture is of the original Drag X Plus under load ( fire button pressed ) with a output of 3.8 volts, notice the coil hasn't even begun to glow at 60 watts.

21.jpg

Pictured below is the same atomizer and coil on the new Drag X Plus Professional Edition and voltage shows a big increase with the boost circuit kicking in with 8.48 volts output under load ( fire button pressed ). You can see the coil glowing at 60 watts.

22.jpg

I hope that this review has helped anyone looking to purchase either the device or the kit that includes the TPP Pod/Tank.

Back
Top Bottom