Innokin
What's new

The New Abyss AIO from Suicide mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, never mate.

... and I wouldn't ever take the side of some Chinese vape company over a forum member either.

There's been some pretty disgraceful comments in this thread. I'm not surprised you ended up sick of the whole affair.

like they say .... don't believe the hype.

glad i wasn’t tempted to get one. sorry for those who did and had problems. £100 for a device with potentially a load of faults, poor QC and that you need to be taking apart with torx screwdrivers regularly to keep it from malfunctioning doesn’t seem like a great proposition.

i noticed a lot of them ended up for sale in the classifieds.

Vape Superstore
At the same time the majority of the people who buy the Abyss won't be on this forum and will contact Suicide Mods for assistance. So it's very informative to see just how absolutely crap the average persons customer service experience is.

In fairness ........ Whilst I agree with the vast majority of what has been said, I would like to offer praise to both @dovpo_hannah and @dovpo_uk (Andy) who have had their share of problems to contend with, especially The Abyss, but from my experience have gone above and beyond helping Customers out wherever possible and doing so in a very rapid way.

For what it's worth.... My take on the Abyss is that whilst it was a brilliant idea at conception, for whatever reason it was released far to early to the market place. The vast majority of the initial issues being reported should have been caught at the point of manufacture and rectified there and then. I do realise that in all probability the DNA version will be here shortly...... It should have been in the Abyss straight away. Yes that would have impacted on the price point, but it would have solved so many of the initial problems that created major problems with buyers.
Those of us who liked the concept soon began modifying our Mods in attempts to rectify issues, but I do realise that many people would give up as soon as the first problem was encountered.

Victims of their own hype? More R and D should have been carried out before release. :12:

When i got rid of my 2 i lost quite a bit on what i paid for them but i actually felt better off loading them to someone else. That sounds awful, off loading lol. Lets just say selling. The guys i sold them to aren't having any problems with them so glad about that especially one of them as he is 6ft 7ins and build like a brick shithouse lol. I won't buy anything now that has Suicide Mods name attached to it. And your right @zouzounaki this wasn't just a problem for Apes like me, it was a worldwide problem.

AcmeFog
In fairness ........ Whilst I agree with the vast majority of what has been said, I would like to offer praise to both @dovpo_hannah and @dovpo_uk (Andy) who have had their share of problems to contend with, especially The Abyss, but from my experience have gone above and beyond helping Customers out wherever possible and doing so in a very rapid way.

For what it's worth.... My take on the Abyss is that whilst it was a brilliant idea at conception, for whatever reason it was released far to early to the market place. The vast majority of the initial issues being reported should have been caught at the point of manufacture and rectified there and then. I do realise that in all probability the DNA version will be here shortly...... It should have been in the Abyss straight away. Yes that would have impacted on the price point, but it would have solved so many of the initial problems that created major problems with buyers.
Those of us who liked the concept soon began modifying our Mods in attempts to rectify issues, but I do realise that many people would give up as soon as the first problem was encountered.

Victims of their own hype? More R and D should have been carried out before release. :12:

Thanks for the comments @Rob its a difficult subject for me to comment on as a do have conflicting opinions on the subject.

However I can inform members that I do share thoughts and concerns with the team at head quarters. The team aren’t scared to evolve and modify designs as feedback dictates.

There is i guess as a business a time for R and D and a time for release to the masses and it’s a fine line.

There has been a lot of units sold (I don’t know the figure) and again like all manufactured items there is always an expected % of faulty devices against % sold . Wrong yes but we are all adults and we all know how the world works.

But unlike most brands they guys are always listening and looking to improve and evolve.

However I do take @oORobOo
comments a little hard. I have worked for Dovpo UK now for 8 months and in all that time I have had no poor customer service experience at all so it does concern me as the UK customer service for Dovpo is under my direct control. So if I have personally missed I step I apologise for that and saddened at the same time.

Thanks Andy

Thanks for the comments @Rob its a difficult subject for me to comment on as a do have conflicting opinions on the subject.

However I can inform members that I do share thoughts and concerns with the team at head quarters. The team aren’t scared to evolve and modify designs as feedback dictates.

There is i guess as a business a time for R and D and a time for release to the masses and it’s a fine line.

There has been a lot of units sold (I don’t know the figure) and again like all manufactured items there is always an expected % of faulty devices against % sold . Wrong yes but we are all adults and we all know how the world works.

But unlike most brands they guys are always listening and looking to improve and evolve.

However I do take @oORobOo
comments a little hard. I have worked for Dovpo UK now for 8 months and in all that time I have had no poor customer service experience at all so it does concern me as the UK customer service for Dovpo is under my direct control. So if I have personally missed I step I apologise for that and saddened at the same time.

Thanks Andy

My comment was aimed at how SM appear to have been dealing with some people's issues, I think you and Hannah do a great job and are great assets to Dovpo and the forum.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
@dovpo_uk Can i just make the point in all this. I am not or was blaming you for any of the problems i had. My experience with Suicide Mods is something i would rather forget. Giving advice on stripping it down is still wrong in my eyes. When you buy any Mod the QC Card should mean that the Mod has passed all the checks and is ok. Who is at fault over the Abyss ?, I probably would go with SM though Dovpo have played a part in it all. I no longer have to worry about it and have moved on to much better Mods.

Phew !

Panic over.

Yes I’m not sure what’s happening with Suicide Mods tbh. Unfortunately.
I’ve tried to spark up a relationship with them with it being a joint venture and that we’re both in the UK but I’m still waiting on a response.

Vape Green
The best advice i could give Dovpo is to stay away from Suicide Mods. It's a shame because it's Dovpo will suffer the Aftermath of this and Suicide Mods i don't think give a toss.

@dovpo_uk Can i just make the point in all this. I am not or was blaming you for any of the problems i had. My experience with Suicide Mods is something i would rather forget. Giving advice on stripping it down is still wrong in my eyes. When you buy any Mod the QC Card should mean that the Mod has passed all the checks and is ok. Who is at fault over the Abyss ?, I probably would go with SM though Dovpo have played a part in it all. I no longer have to worry about it and have moved on to much better Mods.
Thanks @LordOdin

I genuinely don’t know the full ins and outs of the design relationship and tbh if I did I wouldn’t say.

Personally I think the cleaning guide was a good bit of work by the community.

But I will say I am gutted that you had a bad experience with the Abyss but regardless glad your happy to of moved on to something else.

And also glad that your happy with how myself and @dovpo_hannah interact.

Vape Club
it’s nice when we receive customer service that is good however i think it is also reasonable to expect the stuff we buy to work, and having to approach customer service (in relation to things not working) should be something that is an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom