What's new

Official POTV Abyss cleaning guide link

Well i can actually answer that direct from Suicide Mods. They said that the 510 section IS sealed in on the DNA version as "Dovpo made some changes to that area of the device in an effort to stop liquid making its way inside". Said what they do recommend is the usual cleanup under the tank and under the 'ring' but also occasionally remove the bottom plate of the mod and make sure no liquid has made its way to the chip.

They also said they would just flat out not recommend using the GTX or the PnP coils as they have had so many customer complaints about them. To be fair I can back that up as I own 4 different versions of the Drag and the PnP coils are sooo goddamn leaky in all of them, which is a shame cause they have such good flavour. I thought the GTX ones would be different but clearly not. I've since switched to one of the EUC ceramic coils and apart from the issue trying to get it to break in, I've had nothing but a tiny bit of condensation in the 510 area. Cant exactly blame the mod or the bridge when its just the coils themselves that are the issue.

Try getting the Wotofo mesh pnp rba. using the provided cotton remove the harder outer layer from one side only. This makes it soa up better and thus no leaing. I have used one in a Billet box but will try the RBA in one of those Voopoo pnp pod tanks see if its any better for that.

I never had issues with the GTX Coils just everything else, i can't remember what i was using when it started going wonky and juice getting in. I do know that SM were no help infact they are arrogant fuckers who don't give a toss. Why a good company like Dovpo teamed up with them is beyond me. Good concept poorly crafted imo.

Try getting the Wotofo mesh pnp rba. using the provided cotton remove the harder outer layer from one side only. This makes it soa up better and thus no leaing. I have used one in a Billet box but will try the RBA in one of those Voopoo pnp pod tanks see if its any better for that.

You meaning the Wotofo SMRTCoils? Ive been rebuilding for years and had only been on these stock PnP coils for convenience but ended up really liking the mods. So I got that SMRTcoil as soon as it was released and the very first build was amazing, but ever since then every once has worked for like a day or 2 then suddenly stopped wicking, could barely take 1 pull without worrying it was about to dryhit. I just havent tried it in the Abyss yet cause I got a pack of GTX, EUC and Nord coils with it just to try out each.

I haven't however tried removing one side one the cotton strips, if we are talking about the same coilhead here this is very interesting and will give it a shot when this EUC coils gives up. Once you removed one side do you have the ripped layer facing out towards the juice I assume? with the harder layer sitting against the mesh?

Last edited:
You meaning the Wotofo SMRTCoils? Ive been rebuilding for years and had only been on these stock PnP coils for convenience but ended up really liking the mods. So I got that SMRTcoil as soon as it was released and the very first build was amazing, but ever since then every once has worked for like a day or 2 then suddenly stopped wicking, could barely take 1 pull without worrying it was about to dryhit. I just havent tried it in the Abyss yet cause I got a pack of GTX, EUC and Nord coils with it just to try out each.

I haven't however tried removing one side one the cotton strips, if we are talking about the same coilhead here this is very interesting and will give it a shot when this EUC coils gives up. Once you removed one side do you have the ripped layer facing out towards the juice I assume? with the harder layer sitting against the mesh?

Short answer to the wicking, is yes put the harder layer on the inner it then leaves just enough room to soak up better and putting the Harder layer to the coil surface and use the inner layer to soak up better. Using the pad with both outter layers the cotton hasn't enough room to soak up as well bit like squeezing a spomge means it soaks up less. The outer layer imo has a litle less chance of catching fire easily. Only used the SMrt coil once but it worked well, no leaks, I did pass this on a while back in another thread but no one has said how they got on with this wicking method, most where having dry hits due to using the whole pad by what i could make out. Let me know how you find it please.

Short answer to the wicking, is yes put the harder layer on the inner it then leaves just enough room to soak up better and putting the Harder layer to the coil surface and use the inner layer to soak up better. Using the pad with both outter layers the cotton hasn't enough room to soak up as well bit like squeezing a spomge means it soaks up less. The outer layer imo has a litle less chance of catching fire easily. Only used the SMrt coil once but it worked well, no leaks, I did pass this on a while back in another thread but no one has said how they got on with this wicking method, most where having dry hits due to using the whole pad by what i could make out. Let me know how you find it please.

Will do, since they are so leaky I might go build one quickly on one of my Drags and use it for a few days.

I will experiment and report back.
:diy:

I will experiment and report back.
:diy:

Well... First thing is there is no soft inner layer to these things. I was expecting like a muji pad with the 2 outer layers but no, this this is just 5 or 6 layers of hard cotton compressed together...

PXL_20220126_093635741.jpg

I will still try with 2 removed and what would have been the inner layer facing out just in case it is actually a little more absorbent. Doesn't look any different to the naked eye though...

Secondly, the lack of cotton left a pretty much visible cap when the tails were cut flush. Probably should have left a mm or 2 on them but I just used tweezers to slightly spin the coil/cotton round a little inside so the gap is against an inner wall.

Last edited:
Well... First thing is there is no soft inner layer to these things. I was expecting like a muji pad with the 2 outer layers but no, this this is just 5 or 6 layers of hard cotton compressed together...

View attachment 265082

I will still try with 2 removed and what would have been the inner layer facing out just in case it is actually a little more absorbent. Doesn't look any different to the naked eye though...

Secondly, the lack of cotton left a pretty much visible cap when the tails were cut flush. Probably should have left a mm or 2 on them but I just used tweezers to slightly spin the coil/cotton round a little inside so the gap is against an inner wall.

I found removing both top layers caused a bit of gurgling hence why removing one layer works better. But without any removing the cotton is to tight and won't soak up liquid very good. Try removing one layer, you need to pull the cotton so its sort of squeezed to tight, once you cut away the surplus and have the coil ready the cotton will sort of puff back up a little which is how it soaks up better. You can use a muji pad if you cut it to size. Maybe a better vape. Will look into that soon myself.

I found removing both top layers caused a bit of gurgling hence why removing one layer works better. But without any removing the cotton is to tight and won't soak up liquid very good. Try removing one layer, you need to pull the cotton so its sort of squeezed to tight, once you cut away the surplus and have the coil ready the cotton will sort of puff back up a little which is how it soaks up better. You can use a muji pad if you cut it to size. Maybe a better vape. Will look into that soon myself.

That wasn't actually the 'outer layer' from each side, i just removed what I thought was 1 layer and it turned out to be 2!

However that was clearly one layer too many!! It worked fine all day yesterday, but today picked it up on the way out to the car for the school run, took one hit and it was fine... took another, a little muted but nothing like it was before... third - complete mesh dry hit! First one for ages and forgot how brutal they are! So left it sitting while in the car (don't vape in the car when my kid is in it anyway) the whole way to school and while dropping him off. Picked it back up and hit one was another full on dry hit, F'ing disgusting, I can still taste it now. It cant be not wicking as there's less cotton so guessing there's not enough and causing bad hotspots. So this builds getting binned, very fine margins though if 2 layers is is difference between not wicking > perfect > not enough.

I'm with you though I've wanted to try this thing with an absorbent muji pad for a while now, might try it today as well.

Back
Top Bottom