What's new

New Pod? What's new features?

What's your expectation for a preferred pod system?

• Total voters
Cant agrre with that, The collection does get a cull now and then so i am passing on devices that work this also saves the planet. Electric don't come that one we all waste it, so you are as bad as me or anyone else:). The other thing with having a load of devices is if for some reason i ended up needing a quick fix for money i can sell some stuff. I bet you ain't short of a few devices yourself. Anything recyleable is recycled, anything that needs certain disposle gets it, Even all my sharps go in a sharps bin. It's not about one persons waste it's all the folks using disposables that cause the problem the Geekbars etc are the worst a couple hundred pulls and in the bin. I could use the same mod all the time and just 2 pairs of batteries and one battery charge gives me around 250 pulls, my only waste is a wick change and a recharge. the Geekbar or similar would have been done in a day and at around a fiver a throw. 2 batteries av £10 should last a year charged daily. 2 disposables cost the same so in the long run look at all that waste a tenner versus near 2 grand a year in disposables. Not only does the planet benefit from less waste, my pocket also benefits from less wasted money so its a win win.

yes, i agree they should do away with disposable devices. but still your argument for accumulating mad amounts of mods is not convincing. think about amount of mods that exist. this is perpetuated by individual people hoarding cupboards full of them. eventually they will all be in the landfill. plastic, microchips. think if the pollution caused by the manufacture of millions of unnecessary mods that people hoard in their cupboards.

The benefit of replaceable batteries is that only the battery needs to be recycled - which is easy to do because every supermarket has battery recycling bins - all you need to do is tape up the ends of the battery and drop it in the recycling bin In the case of a disposable inbuilt lipo mod the device would have to be stripped and the battery separated for recycling. As this will add cost and is probably not be feasible the entire device will probably just go to landfill.

If you buy a spare battery you will get twice the service life that you would get from one - so when they have worn to the point they need replacing you will have to recycle two batteries, instead of sending two complete devices to landfill so the environmental impact is still less.

If you buy a decent battery charger it will last for years and be capable of thousands of recharge cycles. This actually reduces the wear of components of the board of your mod as the only time you are running current through it is when you're vaping - you will not be running current through it for several extra hours per day to charge your batteries. In short - you may be buying an extra device purely for charging batteries, but you will need to replace your mod less frequently - in the long term this means less waste. There are other benefits - you aren't relying on the mods fragile USB to constantly charge the mod. The charging components inside budget vape gear are the cheapest possible - decent battery chargers have only ONE JOB to do so the components used are more robust and designed to give a service life of thousands of hours. In the case of inexpensive lipo devices that have an estimated lifespan of months it probably isn't considered as essential to use the best components available because the lipo will (probably) die before the board/chip becomes an issue.

Using an inbuilt lipo device can definitely be a lot cheaper in the short term than buying separate batteries and a charger, but over the course of time it becomes considerably more expensive and a false economy. In the case of a sealed system where the battery cannot be replaced it will always have a larger environmental impact as they need replacing - and go to landfill far more often.

as above, this is negated when the person with the built in batteries has 2 mods and the person with replaceable ones has 200.

yes, i agree they should do away with disposable devices. but still your argument for accumulating mad amounts of mods is not convincing. think about amount of mods that exist. this is perpetuated by individual people hoarding cupboards full of them. eventually they will all be in the landfill. plastic, microchips. think if the pollution caused by the manufacture of millions of unnecessary mods that people hoard in their cupboards.

It's the manufacturers at fault. If they didn't produce so much stuff folks would buy less and use what they have already. Now the sort of moan about the amount of gear any person has, some folks collect stuff. some are hobbyists to boot. I used to collect Top trumps cards, loss of sight put an end to that. I used to follow the baggies home and away again eyesight made it pointless. Levellers, my favourite band, i collect every release, bootleg etc as well as t shirts purchased along the 31 years of following. Never mind what folks have in their cupboards at least those goods are getting use, unlike all the stuff thats sitting in vape shops. All the stuff that's in warehouses never to be sold, think about Amazon and there dumping of useable goods which is as bad as all the disposables.
One thing i am not sure about is why you had to have a gripe at me for collecting mods, after all i don't ask you to pay for them, some of us don't have the means to do things others can. I can't go out and ride a bike, play sports due to vision. Vaping and collecting is something i can enjoy, it helps give me something to do, folks to chat with. I also like to help others on here, the sense of giving back is for me a nice feeling, especially because i have to rely on others at times. So yeh that's why i collect and take part when possible. I also live alone so the forum helps me interact with others.
There's always reasons to things i just think we all forget to think or ask about the reasons, rather than form an opinion, we're cool though

It's the manufacturers at fault. If they didn't produce so much stuff folks would buy less and use what they have already. Now the sort of moan about the amount of gear any person has, some folks collect stuff. some are hobbyists to boot. I used to collect Top trumps cards, loss of sight put an end to that. I used to follow the baggies home and away again eyesight made it pointless. Levellers, my favourite band, i collect every release, bootleg etc as well as t shirts purchased along the 31 years of following. Never mind what folks have in their cupboards at least those goods are getting use, unlike all the stuff thats sitting in vape shops. All the stuff that's in warehouses never to be sold, think about Amazon and there dumping of useable goods which is as bad as all the disposables.
One thing i am not sure about is why you had to have a gripe at me for collecting mods, after all i don't ask you to pay for them, some of us don't have the means to do things others can. I can't go out and ride a bike, play sports due to vision. Vaping and collecting is something i can enjoy, it helps give me something to do, folks to chat with. I also like to help others on here, the sense of giving back is for me a nice feeling, especially because i have to rely on others at times. So yeh that's why i collect and take part when possible. I also live alone so the forum helps me interact with others.
There's always reasons to things i just think we all forget to think or ask about the reasons, rather than form an opinion, we're cool though

i don’t think it is valid to say that it’s manufacturers causing it. if people weren’t buying them, they wouldn’t be manufacturing them.

i wasn’t having a go at you for collecting mods btw, just pointing out that in it’s way it might be as wasteful, or wasteful in a different way, as pods or internal battery mods. a lot of people collect all different sort of stuff, it’s a thing humans do.

Personally pods should be banned, especially ones with built in batteries and plastics, These are bad on the enviroment and the more pod users the more 10 ml plastic bottles add to plastic waste.
Then there is my huge dislike, pod users create more profits for companies, why customers need variations on one sytem,is costly, ie different wattage, different battery size, then bump the pods are not always backwards compatible.
So if i had to create a pod system, It would use a 21700 battery but there would be adapters to use 18*** batteries. Max 50w with tc. Single coil RTA style pod made from metal and glass, no plastics. MTL RDL, DL compatible. Pods should have a industry wide compatibility as well as coils. No magnets, the connection isn't always strong and leads to breakage of atomizer/pod.
All the above leads to one thing a mod and rta set up which is how i mostly vape any way lol.
plastic pods you said maybe about disposables, we use metal, and it's reusable. Since so many pod lovers, there must be a reason for them to buy pods. Pods win customers by its convenient and portable features. :)

Back
Top Bottom