What's new

New Pod? What's new features?

What's your expectation for a preferred pod system?

• Total voters
Why the need for a replaceable battery? You’d probably end up buying at least one spare battery as well and have to buy a charger, made of plastic, don’t see how this benefits the environment

The difference is my used batteries get recycled, unlike built in batteries. My Mods will last longer than a built in battery device, I have here mods over 6 years old still work as they did day one, How many chargers will i use during the rest of my life way less than the amount of waste from built in battery devices. In the long run i contribute as little as possible to effect the enviroment.
This is a debate you can't win to be fair. Or are you saying i don't know what i am on about.

Why the need for a replaceable battery? You’d probably end up buying at least one spare battery as well and have to buy a charger, made of plastic, don’t see how this benefits the environment
I bet said item, if made would out last any built in battery device, also the battery's could be used for other mod's. and the battery charger would outlast and be handy because a lot of them now you can charge all different size bats, so would be a investment and you would not be buying bats that you use once and then throw away! :)

flatulence powered draw technology.
upload_2021-7-6_17-24-25.png

The difference is my used batteries get recycled, unlike built in batteries. My Mods will last longer than a built in battery device, I have here mods over 6 years old still work as they did day one, How many chargers will i use during the rest of my life way less than the amount of waste from built in battery devices. In the long run i contribute as little as possible to effect the enviroment.
This is a debate you can't win to be fair. Or are you saying i don't know what i am on about.

what about all that leccy you are wasting charging batteries for your hundred odd mods, that will at some point in the future all end up in the bin? i bet my two built in battery mods that i’ve been using for years and still work fine, will have less environmental impact than your amassed collection of devices, batteries and chargers. :)

what about all that leccy you are wasting charging batteries for your hundred odd mods, that will at some point in the future all end up in the bin? i bet my two built in battery mods that i’ve been using for years and still work fine, will have less environmental impact than your amassed collection of devices, batteries and chargers. :)

Cant agrre with that, The collection does get a cull now and then so i am passing on devices that work this also saves the planet. Electric don't come that one we all waste it, so you are as bad as me or anyone else:). The other thing with having a load of devices is if for some reason i ended up needing a quick fix for money i can sell some stuff. I bet you ain't short of a few devices yourself. Anything recyleable is recycled, anything that needs certain disposle gets it, Even all my sharps go in a sharps bin. It's not about one persons waste it's all the folks using disposables that cause the problem the Geekbars etc are the worst a couple hundred pulls and in the bin. I could use the same mod all the time and just 2 pairs of batteries and one battery charge gives me around 250 pulls, my only waste is a wick change and a recharge. the Geekbar or similar would have been done in a day and at around a fiver a throw. 2 batteries av £10 should last a year charged daily. 2 disposables cost the same so in the long run look at all that waste a tenner versus near 2 grand a year in disposables. Not only does the planet benefit from less waste, my pocket also benefits from less wasted money so its a win win.

The benefit of replaceable batteries is that only the battery needs to be recycled - which is easy to do because every supermarket has battery recycling bins - all you need to do is tape up the ends of the battery and drop it in the recycling bin In the case of a disposable inbuilt lipo mod the device would have to be stripped and the battery separated for recycling. As this will add cost and is probably not be feasible the entire device will probably just go to landfill.

If you buy a spare battery you will get twice the service life that you would get from one - so when they have worn to the point they need replacing you will have to recycle two batteries, instead of sending two complete devices to landfill so the environmental impact is still less.

If you buy a decent battery charger it will last for years and be capable of thousands of recharge cycles. This actually reduces the wear of components of the board of your mod as the only time you are running current through it is when you're vaping - you will not be running current through it for several extra hours per day to charge your batteries. In short - you may be buying an extra device purely for charging batteries, but you will need to replace your mod less frequently - in the long term this means less waste. There are other benefits - you aren't relying on the mods fragile USB to constantly charge the mod. The charging components inside budget vape gear are the cheapest possible - decent battery chargers have only ONE JOB to do so the components used are more robust and designed to give a service life of thousands of hours. In the case of inexpensive lipo devices that have an estimated lifespan of months it probably isn't considered as essential to use the best components available because the lipo will (probably) die before the board/chip becomes an issue. There have been housefires caused by USB charging of budget mods in the past, although unattended charging of any batteries isn't recommended I would have more faith in a quality dedicated charger than a budget vape device.

Using an inbuilt lipo device can definitely be a lot cheaper in the short term than buying separate batteries and a charger, but over the course of time it becomes considerably more expensive and a false economy. In the case of a sealed system where the battery cannot be replaced it will always have a larger environmental impact as they need replacing - and go to landfill far more often.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom