What's new

GAIA RDTA - Probably the best RDTA

Jerry's (@city461 ) source for o-rings came through - speedy delivery in a shocking pink envelope (?).

Tried each size on an unused Gaia - the 21mm too loose, 20mm and 19mm both worked and I would say the 19mm would be the best one to use.
Original unused from the atty was identical in size to the 20mm but it should be 19mm for a better fit.
Reminder that this is the o-ring above the glass just below the deck which is the o-ring that will take the most punishment when lifting cap or adjusting bottom airflow.

@cthulhumod please take note and upgrade your o-rings to better quality 19mm

These Polymax guys do loads of o-rings and they feel good, enough elasticity but somehow seem more solid and appear more shiny than most o-rings found in attys.
Will measure up the visible o-rings on my Iron Maiden RDTAs which are bright sky blue (?why?) and get some replacements in black.

Now, @mick brown and @city461 do you want to try some? just drop me a PM with address and will drop some in the post to you.

2017-07-29 polymax nitrile orings.jpg

Jerry's (@city461 ) source for o-rings came through - speedy delivery in a shocking pink envelope (?).

Tried each size on an unused Gaia - the 21mm too loose, 20mm and 19mm both worked and I would say the 19mm would be the best one to use.
Original unused from the atty was identical in size to the 20mm but it should be 19mm for a better fit.
Reminder that this is the o-ring above the glass just below the deck which is the o-ring that will take the most punishment when lifting cap or adjusting bottom airflow.

These Polymax guys do loads of o-rings and they feel good, enough elasticity but somehow seem more solid and appear more shiny than most o-rings found in attys.
Will measure up the visible o-rings on my Iron Maiden RDTAs which are bright sky blue (?why?) and get some replacements in black.

Now, @mick brown and @city461 do you want to try some? just drop me a PM with address and will drop some in the post to you.

View attachment 135074
You at fest buddy? could do with a couple of 19mm for the Gaia myself... No worries if your not..

View attachment 135074
Thank you!

Good info there, thanks guys. I must be being really careful with my o-rings, still on my first set on all three of mine. But figured out some white 1mm wall silicon tubing I had was perfect to make a 'converter' for the Gaia top cap to 810 drip tip, its not perfect but it works. Got a couple of TFV8 drip tips coming with an order from China so going to see if an oversize o-ring will get them to fit properly.

Back
Top Bottom