What's new

{Draft} POTV: How to care for your Dovpo Abyss Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovpo_uk

Vendor
Hi Guys, Hope Your all well.

I’ve been tracking some posts and comments on here and elsewhere about the Abyss, more importantly about condensation, leaks and the like.

So, as I’m a great believer in community and value your opinion I reached out to @Rob who as you know uses the Abyss as a daily driver and with that, he also takes very good care of it. After a brief chat @Rob created the detailed guide below.

The guide is to enable not only the POTV community to correctly strip down and clean the Abyss as regular maintenance like you would with most complex type vapes, but will also be posted on the DOVPO’s main website to offer as a guide to the whole Dovpo Abyss community.

But before we can get that uploaded, I’m hoping that the POTV community will help out by trying the guide out on there Abyss’s and offer feedback. Also, if you feel the guide is missing something or you have found another way etc please post below and let us know.

Please keep your comments within the spirit of the post

Thanks Andy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Abyss Folks,

What follows should be an easy guide to maintaining your Abyss on a regular basis. Hopefully it will help you avoid problems down the line.

What you will need.

Kitchen Roll (towel)

Cotton Buds

Tin Of Compressed Air (optional)

Isopropyl Alcohol (Strongly Recommended)

Torx4 Driver

Torx6 Driver

Torx5 Driver (New Version)

Firstly: We will take a quick look at “basic” stripping down of the 510 Deck. This is something that I do on a weekly basis with any Abyss running Readymade Coils such as the EUC, PnP, Caliburn or Aspire Bridges.

The first thing I do is remove the Drip Tip assembly, then remove the Top Plate completely and remove the Battery. Then remove the Tank from the Abyss. I always have Kitchen Roll on standby as there will be some Mopping Up required, firstly under the Base of the Tank as I remove it, followed by on the top plate of the 510 Deck.

I use Cotton Buds for cleaning IN the 510 Connector itself and then either Blow through the AFC holes, or use my can of Compressed Air. This will remove any lingering residue caught in there.

For the next stage, you require a Torx4 Driver
(The newest Abyss and the Screws holding the 510 Plate in this one are Torx 5)

Remove the 2 screws on the 510 Plate and gently lift the Plate off the assembly, I use tweezers for this. Thoroughly Mop Up the Plate as particularly the underside will have Juice/Condensation on it.

Next, GENTLY Mop Up the exposed top of the 510, you don’t want to use force as this could potentially unseat the O Rings.

Mop Up and check that AFC Holes are clear. Now things get slightly more tricky. GENTLY lift the whole 510 assembly enough to allow access underneath it, again I stress GENTLY does it.

I mop up with Cotton Buds under the 510 and then on the exposed body of the Abyss then repeat with an Iso Alcohol Cotton Bud and let the Iso evaporate.

Now flip the Abyss upside down so you are looking at the Base Plate. Change to a Torx6 Driver and remove the 4 screws, Longest are next to Control Buttons, Shortest at Rear.

GENTLY prise the Black Plastic Screen/ Button Carrier up from Body, Mop Up any residue that you find. There are 2 Torx6 Screws, one each side of the screen, remove these as well. Now you will have access to the Positive terminal in the Battery Housing

GENTLY tease this away from the Main body, clean everywhere with Cotton Buds and then repeat with Iso Alcohol. Mop Up where possible with Kitchen Towel and then Blast with Compressed Air (Optional)

Now return to the Control Buttons and clean up with Iso on a Cotton Bud.

Reassemble by first putting the 2 Long Torx6 screws back in in each side of the screen. Then… line up the Black Plastic Screen/Button Holder, Pop Up and Down Buttons back into Base Plate and offer it up to the Abyss which you are holding Base DOWN.
Pop the 4 screws back in place, select your Torx6 Driver and screw everything back together.

Now pop the Disk back on the 510 Plate and using your Torx4 Driver screw back on. IF you have found the AFC to be stiff, now try it before you tighten the screws right down, I find that once it’s tight enough not to move freely, that’s enough!! Don’t forget, as the Top Plate comes across the Top of the Tank, it will compress everything down tight.

And THAT, is my regular maintenance routine which has served me well thus far.

I hope that this description and the pictures will be of some help to you.
Cheers Now. :)

Last edited:
As a new user of the abyss (2 days in) I think this guide will be extremely helpful and I will certainly use it to maintain my device as soon as I get my hands on some torx drivers... Many thanks to you @dovpo_uk and to @Rob for making this happen :)

As a new user of the abyss (2 days in) I think this guide will be extremely helpful and I will certainly use it to maintain my device as soon as I get my hands on some torx drivers... Many thanks to you @dovpo_uk and to @Rob for making this happen :)
Cheers, but all @Rob hard work.

All I did was post it lol

Last edited:
Thanks @Rob and @dovpo_uk :)

This is and will be helpful so I've bookmarked the thread and added it to my watched thread list and will look forward to seeing it uploaded to the Dovpo site.

Thanks also for mentioning the Torx Driver sizes. I now know exactly what I'm looking for. :thumbup:

**UPDATE**
Just done the newest Abyss and the Screws holding the 510 Plate in this one are Torx 5 Be Aware!!

This kit is well worth a look, invaluable, £13.99

658230af-da53-4095-8c80-10933c124886.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

screwdriver.JPG

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VL3C1NW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope it is a very very good MOD, to have to keep up all that shiz ;)

And worth it!. . . . . coming out soon, Dovpo care kit (for the Abyss). . . . . . .

Guys , I’ll let this post sit for another week.

If anyone has any valid input to the guide or has tried it and been successful or not please either post on the thread or send me a DM.

After another week I’ll forward the information to Dovpo so it can also be published on there blog to hopefully reach a wider audience.

Again thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom