What's new

A COLLABORATION TESTING EVENT WITH DOVPO, MANABUSH & POTV - THE RESULTS

Squidgy

Achiever
Ok here it is, a collaboration tested by a collaboration.

20211201_074721.jpg

Dovpo and Manabush came together to provide a POTV based community testing event, to my knowledge is the first of its kind and a very welcoming idea that hopefully others might catch onto.

Dovpo offered the latest tank in the Blotto range, the "Blotto Single" RTA to 6 testers, I was fortunate enough to be shortlisted as the testing co-ordinator, the other 5 testers were picked at random from 3 different disciplines (Old Hat, Veterans & Noobs) to try and cover all the bases.

The Lucky participants were...
  • Amnesiac
  • Forestmagpie
  • Hack400
  • Pdg
  • Rob
  • Squidgy
In addition to the tank Dovpo were also generous in supplying the testers with a range of Ni80 pre-made coils, Labo Cotton, Hat, T-shirt, Lanyard and Pop socket.

After a little conversing it was established that the Pop socket was for sticking onto the back of your mobile phone and not some sort of travel butt plug.

20211119_120536.jpg

As mentioned above this was a collaboration event, Manabush joined forces with Dovpo in the generosity and included 2x50mls of juice selected by each tester from the Base Zero, Cola Divergent and Coconut Divergent ranges.

To be honest the testers were all rather spoilt and Christmas came early.

I was a bit wary of this cunning plan by Dovpo, six testers all bickering about how they know best and all that drivel, but no! To my surprise it all came together seamlessly and along with some harmless banter on the way it was a joy to be included in the team and it turned out to be quite a fun project.

Another shock, we all seemed to agree with the build/wicking technique to get the Blotto Singles to perform. Not wanting to let this information go to waste, we all thought it would be a good idea to share this and Pdg offered to step up and produced a couple of guides, so here they are...

Coiling:

Method is slightly different for anticlockwise (right hand) and clockwise (left hand) winding - here left and right hand are used as with a screw thread direction.

First prepare the coil by forming the legs to a roughly 90° angle as required by the build deck - they should cross on a right-hand wind:

And they should separate on a left-hand wind:

Next, using the supplied skull tool, lay the coil in the hole so that one leg is measured at a time - right:

And left:

Once cut flush with the edge of the tool, insert as far as possible into the coil holes. The coil will initially sit almost touching the deck (too low) but once tensioned with a forming rod will be concentric with the airflow posts - an even gap around the coil:

Pulse / pinch / spread / strum to preference and move onto wicking!

Wicking

Start with installing your coil, getting it nicely centred in the chamber and wick with a decent length of tail.

For 3mm coils all it needs is a gentle rake out to thin ever so slightly, 2.5mm coils seem to match the wick ports perfectly with nothing more than a little fluffing.

A useful guide to the length of tail required is to trim equal to the lower edge of the seal while applying gentle pressure, just enough to hold it in place.

Tuck the tails through the ports.

At this point they may look too long, they're not...

Next gently pull the ends of the wick down into the well below the deck, fanning them out.

Prime and pulse to soak the wick fully before installing the tank section, then fill. The wick should be easily visible and still fan shaped.

Vape!

RESULTS

And now, for what you've all been waiting for "THE RESULTS". All the scores and comments were totally impartial, completed in isolation with no conferring as to the input. I’ll also add, there was no jiggery-pokery by Dovpo or Manabush.

{See Blotto Testing.pdf attached}

I would like to conclude, that it has been a pleasure to be involved in this (first of kind) test event and there was plenty of laughter along the way, I will just add that whatever goes on in the DM chat rooms, should stay in the DM chat rooms.
No need to mention the photos, custard wrestling with Dani or the application of Hobo juice to FM's car. Oops!!!
Oh, and Andy, I'm pretty sure you can be arrested for trying to milk a whale, let alone it getting a bit messy, so don't!

Just to confirm no animals were harmed in the making of this test event! So back off Greta.

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: none center top repeat-x rgb(45, 45, 45); border-radius: 5px; font-family: "Open Sans", Arial, sans-serif;">

Attachments

• Blotto Testing.pdf
    135.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Thanks @Squidgy , I really enjoyed the event collaborating with all the testers and @ZT of Manabush.

I think we were all a tad nervous how this type of collaboration would pan out but it really worked well and I’m astonished that we didn’t end up shouting at each other every time @ForestMagpie took us off topic.

We will definitely have to run something like this again and I’m sure @dovpo_hannah has more things in the pipeline to test, hopefully a new hoover because mine has just packed up.

Cheers Andy

I thought it worked really well and it was expertly kept mostly on track despite my ramblings. A big thanks to all involved and to those who organised it all u doff my hat to you as I really enjoyed it and am pleased with the way it all went.

Nothing wrong with the guide, to be fair it's a great guide, from what i see the original author should get the credit for it, exact same photo's as well.

Nothing wrong with the guide, to be fair it's a great guide, from what i see the original author should get the credit for it, exact same photo's as well.
@pdg wrote the guide for this tester event as it was a collaboration all the testers had input in the post and the guide.
PDG supplied the majority of the guide including the pictures.

As I thought it was a good bit of work I offered to post his guide on the Dovpo website to make him famous.

All the testers had a huge input in the collaboration and what was written but obviously only one person can post it

It was all part of the tester event, was posted in two placrs at the same time. All above board :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom