What's new

INNOKIN ISUB RBA KIT

johnjewitt2004

Initiate
Hi Ash, or anybody at innokin, since speaking with you last I have tried about 4 different isub coils and my favourite is the stainless steel, since moving over to the isub coils and enjoying them I decided to get the isub s tank as all the coils fit and I have also bought the rba kit you mentioned, everything is excellent and i'm glad i moved over to innokin, the only problem I have is the rba itself, I bought some 26 gauge stainless steel wire as I would like to stick with the rba in temp control using stainless steel, the problem is the screws that hold the wire are all the way in but the wire is still loose as if the screws are too short or the wire is too thin and is not being squashed between the screw head and the post. Is there a preferable thickness of wire so it catches the screw head and the post, is it because the wire is too thin or are the screws too short, the screws are definitely all the way in and as tight as i can get them, thanks again for your tips and getting me started with innokin, I would appreciate if you could give me a bit of advice about the rba, thanks.
I have attempted to try again but with the premade coils included with the isub rba kit, even the coils that come with the kit have the same problem, it is if the screws are too short, the screws are all the way in as they are flush with the body of the coil head. I have now managed to strip and round two of the included screw heads trying that hard to tighten the screws even further, I have also rounded the head of my own personal screwdriver trying to do the same thing, the problem is if I have to send this kit back it's going to cost me just as much to post as what the rba kit cost, I would appreciate some help with this problem, thanks
I purchased the isub rba kit from My Epack Limited and the ORDER #100127820, thanks

I have now tried again with the same issue and have give up on the RBA kit, I have put everything back in the tin box and put back into the tank a stock isub SS coil. Anyone know the size or name of the screws and maybe I could source some from somewhere else, maybe some hex screws that can be tightened with an allen key or a name of the screw like M1, M2 etc, any help would be appreciated thanks

hi, can I ask you what size gauge did you find the best fit pls ? iv got the rba kit on order and I know it comes with two pre-wound coils but when iv used them i'll need to buy wire to make my own. also did you have to replace the screws ? thanks again. Binky

I use 24awg kanthal and even 28awg twisted both worked great but they do need to move over to a grub screw or just longer ones as they do seem to be on the limit with 26awg

Are these actually worth it?
I've always had the isub tanks simply because the coils are so cheap. And i have seen the kits, but always thought the coils are sooooooo small so building one would be really fiddly

I don't think their worth it, others will disagree with me. I really think the stock coils are much easier to re-wick/coil than this RBA. fasttech have discontinued selling them and iv seen many on ebay for sale 2nd hand.

Back
Top Bottom