What's new

Information on our coil packaging.

Innokin, like everyone else in the industry, is likely waiting for clarification on the exact form the TPR (regs) will take in the UK. At this moment, the UK Govt Dept responsible for drafting the Regs to be presented to parliament, is waiting for EU guidance on most issues relating to TPD (directive) and the EU is to debate and vote on some of those issues next week.

Most people in the know do not believe that mods, tanks, coils etc will be covered by any TPD derived Regs in the UK. Reason for that belief is that vaping hardware can be, and is, used for nicotine free liquid.
Worst case scenario (in the event that the UK Govt decides to upset 3 million voters) is that any non-compliant vaping paraphernalia in stock will be permitted for sale until the end of the grace period which will be at least six months and probably eighteen months. Imports for personal use from outside of the EU will not be covered by any TP Regs.

Availability of spare parts and coils for removable tanks will be more influenced by evolution in vaping hardware/devices. Devices with built-in tanks should be covered by the TP Regs.

Innokin, like everyone else in the industry, is likely waiting for clarification on the exact form the TPR (regs) will take in the UK. At this moment, the UK Govt Dept responsible for drafting the Regs to be presented to parliament, is waiting for EU guidance on most issues relating to TPD (directive) and the EU is to debate and vote on some of those issues next week.

Most people in the know do not believe that mods, tanks, coils etc will be covered by any TPD derived Regs in the UK. Reason for that belief is that vaping hardware can be, and is, used for nicotine free liquid.
Worst case scenario (in the event that the UK Govt decides to upset 3 million voters) is that any non-compliant vaping paraphernalia in stock will be permitted for sale until the end of the grace period which will be at least six months and probably eighteen months. Imports for personal use from outside of the EU will not be covered by any TP Regs.

Availability of spare parts and coils for removable tanks will be more influenced by evolution in vaping hardware/devices. Devices with built-in tanks should be covered by the TP Regs.

Well said that man. Far too much emphasis being placed on the TPD, which is wholly unwarranted.
It could be worse. We could be American.

Last edited:
Thanks @innokin_ash for the comprehensive reply. I understand that clarification is elusive at the moment and fingers crossed the best case scenario will win out. Was just trying to think ahead as mostly exclusively use the isub range of tanks.

Thanks @innokin_ash for the comprehensive reply. I understand that clarification is elusive at the moment and fingers crossed the best case scenario will win out. Was just trying to think ahead as mostly exclusively use the isub range of tanks.

PS is it worth contacting our MEPs again regarding this upcoming vote?

You're welcome, but I'm not @innokin_ash and only a representative of Innokin can advise on future availability of their products.
My opinion on contacting UK MEPs is that it's a waste of time - based on conversations I've had with them. One thing I forgot to mention is the final judgement expected on 04 May on the legal challenges to the TPD but most of those have no bearing on vaping. As for your concerns, certainly no harm in sensible stocking up, even if there were no impending regulations, as products eventually become discontinued and coils have a decently long shelf life.

You're welcome, but I'm not @innokin_ash and only a representative of Innokin can advise on future availability of their products.
My opinion on contacting UK MEPs is that it's a waste of time - based on conversations I've had with them. One thing I forgot to mention is the final judgement expected on 04 May on the legal challenges to the TPD but most of those have no bearing on vaping. As for your concerns, certainly no harm in sensible stocking up, even if there were no impending regulations, as products eventually become discontinued and coils have a decently long shelf life.

Ha sorry, it's late, blurry eyed response. Thanks for the reply to the right person :) It's good to get information. I have yet to get any reply from my MEPs but at least my AM is in touch about national regulations but didn't know that much about the European situation. As was previously said at least this isn't America!

Ha sorry, it's late, blurry eyed response. Thanks for the reply to the right person :) It's good to get information. I have yet to get any reply from my MEPs but at least my AM is in touch about national regulations but didn't know that much about the European situation. As was previously said at least this isn't America!

I'm assuming you're in Wales as you mentioned your AM? I've contacted my local MP and my AM and while the former was moderately knowledgable and eager to assist the latter was totally clueless and transpired to be against vaping. Needless to say I informed them that I won't be voting for them in May.

Yes! My MP replied eventually and is pro but mostly useless unless there's a photo op but my AM is pro but with concerns and has done a lot of research (she's on the public health committee) and we're in touch by email.

Yes! My MP replied eventually and is pro but mostly useless unless there's a photo op but my AM is pro but with concerns and has done a lot of research (she's on the public health committee) and we're in touch by email.

That's very good. I only wish mine were slightly less useless.

Back
Top Bottom