Vape Club
What's new

Announcing our first TC device, the Innokin Cortex!

Hi POTV

Here's another picture of the Cortex:

EBs6g9h.jpg
when can I get one in the uk and what price are we looking at?

Vape Superstore
The DisrupterTC and the Cortex use completely different chips with different technology. In my opinion, the DisrupterTC has much better Kanthal TC than the iJoy, as ours is real temperature regulation. The iJoy just shuts the power off once it has hit the temp, ours doesn't do that it maintains temperature.

The Cortex is similar to current TC chips on the market current, but of very high quality.
So the cortex uses a high quality chip to produce what is required for the standard TC method.

Does it just use the standard resistance co-eff method with kanthal also? (obviously this is incredibly difficult as kanthal doesn't have the regular behaviour needed for TC, not at the measurable level needed any way).

...Or does the Cortex use some other sensor tech to achieve it?(I am going out on a limb to say maybe an external sensor of some kind which measures the wires temp directly and is fully integrated into the tank...hmmm!) I believe, what I just said in this paragraph is quite silly really but you never know...we are talking about the future.

Vape Green
So the cortex uses a high quality chip to produce what is required for the standard TC method.

Does it just use the standard resistance co-eff method with kanthal also? (obviously this is incredibly difficult as kanthal doesn't have the regular behaviour needed for TC, not at the measurable level needed any way).

...Or does the Cortex use some other sensor tech to achieve it?(I am going out on a limb to say maybe an external sensor of some kind which measures the wires temp directly and is fully integrated into the tank...hmmm!) I believe, what I just said in this paragraph is quite silly really but you never know...we are talking about the future.

The Cortex, is similar to current TC chips on the market, and doesn't do Kanthal TC. The DisrupterTC will do Kanthal TC with external sensors.

The Cortex, is similar to current TC chips on the market, and doesn't do Kanthal TC. The DisrupterTC will do Kanthal TC with external sensors.

Sorry Ash, I got the Cortex and DisrupterTC so mixed up there [emoji1]

That is really interesting about the Kanthal TC on the DisrupterTC, so will it need to be bought as a kit with the new curve tank to take advantage of the full TC experience?

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Sorry Ash, I got the Cortex and DisrupterTC so mixed up there [emoji1]

That is really interesting about the Kanthal TC on the DisrupterTC, so will it need to be bought as a kit with the new curve tank to take advantage of the full TC experience?

It will, I've used it first hand and it works very well. Due to the technology the Kanthal TC won't be able to work through standard 510 connections, but we are including a 510 adapter for other tanks, and rebuildable atomisers, those won't be able to utilise the TC technology though.

We're making an RBA head for the tank that comes with the DisrupterTC that will work with our Kanthal TC, as well as having premade coils for it.

Hopefully in the future we can get other atomiser manufacturers onboard to develop things for our technology too!

Hope that clears things up! :)

It will, I've used it first hand and it works very well. Due to the technology the Kanthal TC won't be able to work through standard 510 connections, but we are including a 510 adapter for other tanks, and rebuildable atomisers, those won't be able to utilise the TC technology though.

We're making an RBA head for the tank that comes with the DisrupterTC that will work with our Kanthal TC, as well as having premade coils for it.

Hopefully in the future we can get other atomiser manufacturers onboard to develop things for our technology too!

Hope that clears things up! :)
I am sure that if any company was to manage to integrate a new standard over the longstanding 510, I am sure Innokin will be the company to do it.

I have the Coolfire IV (first power device) and apex tank (bought later), I will have one of these new devices as my curiosity has been pipped (maybe both), these are interesting times!

Oh... did you mention whether the devices would be firmware upgradable?

AcmeFog
I am sure that if any company was to manage to integrate a new standard over the longstanding 510, I am sure Innokin will be the company to do it.

I have the Coolfire IV (first power device) and apex tank (bought later), I will have one of these new devices as my curiosity has been pipped (maybe both), these are interesting times!

Oh... did you mention whether the devices would be firmware upgradable?

Thanks beasto. Whether the DisrupterTC will be firmware upgradeable or not, is still in the works. I've been pushing for it to be. The Cortex isn't upgrade unfortunately.

Vape Club
Firmware upgradeable seems to be the way forward now, anything without it is a dead duck in a very short space of time as manufacturers keep on bringing out new devices every 5 minutes instead of making one or two mods really stand out from the rest and have long term support via fw upgrades to keep it ahead of the rest without the customer having to constantly fork out for the next best thing a month or so later which I know is kind of the point in business but when everyone else is doing the same thing try to do something special, something great, a benchmark device that does it all, made to last and has a minimum of say 12 months support via fw upgrades, even release fw for open source use one support is dropped at some point. Make custom addons of sorts maybe just to keep the money rolling in, or drop out boards that can be slipped into a new enclosure (its only a matter of contacts on a small box containing the board). You get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom