What's new

Calix V4 issue

ed87

Mod Maker
Hi guys (& especially our resident calix guru @Rob),

I’m not getting the same saturated, flavourful vape from my calix V4 as I’m getting from my svoemesto mini V3 or prime, or even rose3 for that matter.

I’m not sure why as in theory at least it should perform better than it has been I feel.

I generally run a spaced kanthal 28ga coil at around 1-1.4ohms and either cotton bacon prime or muji.

I’m using the ‘direct’ wicking method and don’t feel as if I’m overly packing the wick in (I fluff it out, don’t force it into the channels, etc.) yet I’m always sort of on the ‘verge’ of a dry hit, or at least that’s how it feels - not a creamy saturated vape..

I don’t want to give up on this tank as I feel it has potential but where am I going wrong?

I’m also not a fan of the drip tip, has anyone tried different drip tips in their V4?

Simple answer Sam is that you need to play with the Juice Control more. You should be able to recreate the saturated vape you are getting from the Rose without even trying :) It should knock the Prime into a cocked hat as well. Granted........... It will give a "different" vape to a Svoemesto product, it was designed to do that.
The Juice control is where you're going wrong from what I am hearing. DON'T be afraid of opening it quite a lot. My experience has been that a minimum of 2 complete turns through 360 degrees was needed. Now I mainly use 50/50 juice, I really do find that a minimum of 2 turns, sometimes MORE can be needed. :)

YES!!! I don't use the supplied Drip Tips on any Calix. Not my thing at all. :)

Simple answer Sam is that you need to play with the Juice Control more. You should be able to recreate the saturated vape you are getting from the Rose without even trying :) It should knock the Prime into a cocked hat as well. Granted........... It will give a "different" vape to a Svoemesto product, it was designed to do that.
The Juice control is where you're going wrong from what I am hearing. DON'T be afraid of opening it quite a lot. My experience has been that a minimum of 2 complete turns through 360 degrees was needed. Now I mainly use 50/50 juice, I really do find that a minimum of 2 turns, sometimes MORE can be needed. :)

Ah ok cheers rob, I must admit I haven’t been opening the juice control up much although I can’t recall how many turn I think normally 1.5-2 on 50/50 and now you say it seems like the wicking bubbles take an age to rise. I’ll try again tomorrow and see what’s happening. And yes the drip tip isn’t comfortable at all in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom