What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

So, I just bought a Nautilus Mini...

vdbss

Initiate
...and I am utterly shocked by just how much better it is than the Nautilus X which I have been using for about a year. I almost can't believe it's an older model.

Both are genuine, authentic items, using only OEM coils. I only use them for MTL. The Mini draws so much better, doesn't make whistling noises, fits my mod (SMOK Alien) a lot better, easier to unscrew (the X sticks to the mod due to juices making a seal between the base of the tank and the top of the mod), easier to open because the various parts are easier to grip with fingers. In fairness I thought the X was quite good til I tried the Mini.

The only thing is I much prefer the form factor of the X. I realise the Nautilus 2 is closer to the X in form factor, so I am considering getting one, but would other users say that the 2 is a real improvement over the X or the Mini, or am I better off sticking with the Mini as my main tank?

I must say I prefer the principle of top-loading but since the Mini is so much easier to detach and open up without having to get the mole grips out, it's pretty much a moot point.

... if you prefer the vape of the mini then that's all that matters.

The N2 isn't an improvement on anything, it's just different again. I expect you'll be the same again and you'll be thinking 'I prefer this aspect of it, but I don't like this about it' .... the 'old model' thing is pretty irrelevant. Newer doesn't mean better with vaping gear.

welcome to the planet.
the 2 can be a pita to open as well for a lot of people so as said new isnt always better.
i prefer the full size nautilus tbh as its imo even easier to open with a deeper base to grip on and it holds 5ml

Agree. I still think the Nautilus Mini was never really bettered for a decent vape. :)

For MTL Aspire should have stopped when they brought out the Nautilus mini. Everything since is poor by comparison.

I have the nautilus x as part of the aspire quad flex and never was over impressed with the x but the rdta part and rda stand out for me in the set and get used alot. Always been Keen to try the mini though. Like others have said new doesn't always mean better and what works for you is what matters. My mtl setup is the joytech tron and that's years old but I like it.

I've just pulled the mini out of the value box and can happily say that it beats the x and 2all day long. The draw on the mini is exactly what I want from a mtl tank. X is gash and the 2, whilst it sings with the 0.7coil, the difficulty undoing the mod was a deal breaker for me

well i find the x is excellent , but only with the 1.8 ohm coils. The x will happily do 70 30 vg pg juices and i find the flavour excellent.
I still use my original nautilus with the 1.8 and the 1.6 ohm coils and enjoy it too but the only problem i find with it, is that it wont wick any thing over 60/ 40 mixes and also sometimes i get the dreaded "gurgle" with it.

I know i've said it a thousand times, but i wish there was a rba that was useable with the original nauti (and the nauti x)

Back
Top Bottom