What's new

Aspire notifications to the UK Department of Health Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Age

I picked out aspire products from the list as attachment for your reference:

I may be way off base here but I can't help thinking that if the MHRA are faced with a list of 17,000 products, to date, to rigorously test and approve that it must be possible to continue to sell such a product until such time as the approval has either been given or denied. Is this how this thing works? I guess it would be unreasonable of the approving authorities to say "No approval, no sell"

What I am trying to ask is, as long as a manufacturer requests approval for a product, can they continue to sell it until someone says no?

This would be a very interesting state of affairs.

Vandyvapes, a Chinese company have put this item on the list of products requesting approval. http://www.vandyvape.com/detail/Atomizer/14

Why would they do that?, knowing full well, it is not TPD compliant.

Is it because, all you have to do, is request approval to enable you to continue to sell a TPD non-compliant product?

I may be way off base here but I can't help thinking that if the MHRA are faced with a list of 17,000 products, to date, to rigorously test and approve that it must be possible to continue to sell such a product until such time as the approval has either been given or denied. Is this how this thing works? I guess it would be unreasonable of the approving authorities to say "No approval, no sell"

What I am trying to ask is, as long as a manufacturer requests approval for a product, can they continue to sell it until someone says no?

This would be a very interesting state of affairs.
All the products should be registered and got approval under TPD regulation before selling.Manufacturers can not sell products which are not conformed with TPD regulation

I wonder how many of the 17,000 items on this list have been approved so far. This is a big question.

Probably a very contented compliance officer in Whitehall tasked with trying out all 17,000 devices.
He may be a while ... damn, missed that job advert!

Back
Top Bottom