What's new

Site is so slow

I know it's not easy for your @MrDJ but using my android browser on mobile view works fine, got to have my details checked when I come back on but aside from that it's working normal. You can change phone settings to make the font bigger, but it will involve a bit more scrolling on the pages if you super size it for ease of reading.

I think he was trying to use the browser, but when he selected the forum it opened up the app, which is why I suggested disabling the app :)

I know it's not easy for your @MrDJ but using my android browser on mobile view works fine, got to have my details checked when I come back on but aside from that it's working normal. You can change phone settings to make the font bigger, but it will involve a bit more scrolling on the pages if you super size it for ease of reading.
strange as its only since yesterday its stopped working when the forum was running slow. no settings changed or any updates. already enlarged text so no issue there thanks Angel.

@JohnnyAce
this was a backup made when google play store removed the app.
might still work https://apkpure.com/planet-of-the-vapes-forum/com.tapatalk.planetofthevapescoukforums

edit
just checked, this is the version i have loaded on phone 7.1.35

Last edited:
@Mutley1 was having the same problem with the app last night. Sounds like the fix for the main website breaks the app.

i was & still am having nothing but issues with app, did what @MHL said & followed instructions but no dice, how ever using chrome seems fine so far.

I think he was trying to use the browser, but when he selected the forum it opened up the app, which is why I suggested disabling the app :)
tried and failed. disabled but shortcut would automatically turn back on and direct to app even though i had it set to chrome it would divert back to app.
had to manually go in and overide the default app and change it to chrome which finally worked.
now setup a chrome shortcut.
thanks all, what a palava.

Annoying isn't it as I don't like using the full site thingy on a browser on my phone.
Yeah app much better on phone, im rarely on a pc apart for work and I cant access forums on that due to policies in place, hopefully can get it back working at some point

Try it now? The Boss has made some changes this morning :)

I use an old iPhone 6 Plus with the old iOS app on just for the forum and thank god it’s sprung back to life this morning, I was worried that I was going to have to get used to using the browser version or tapatalk, not keen on either really.

Back
Top Bottom