What's new

Plea for DIY threads to include info about ingredients used

General product safety regulations, means it has to be fit for purpose. In this case (I'm interpreting this in my own way as no guidelines), it should be "fit" for inhalation. So again in my eyes only, it should follow TPD regs on testing. Ie Diaceytl ect ect ect.

But... Again, the TPD itself isn't regulated. They should either...

A. Enforce the cunt and do right by those whom have played ball, gone out of business due to the costs / paid out eye watering sums. (Boo to enforcement)

B. Scrap the fucker and let us go back to how it was. (Yay! Aslong as compensation is awarded back to those who've heavily invested). This would then bring back some of the old companies we loved, who were community orientated who fell by the wayside.

Me personally, I'm not gonna bash anyone for what they produce, how they conduct themselves ect. So long as they're not adding crack/thc/jizz to there liquids.

100% this ^^^

They brought in a stupid law, then don't bother enforcing it! Everyone who played ball basically got screwed over and the people with less integrity carried on as before.

I'm all for the testing of shortfills, it would even the playing field for all.

100% this ^^^

They brought in a stupid law, then don't bother enforcing it! Everyone who played ball basically got screwed over and the people with less integrity carried on as before.

so every shortfill maker has less integrity than those who went through the tpd process?

yeah I'd take yours off the market then, if you feel that way

so every shortfill maker has less integrity than those who went through the tpd process?

yeah I'd take yours off the market then, if you feel that way

You seem to have the hump for some reason so consider this the last reply to you.

You have taken what I said and twisted it to your own context. If you want to attempt to read between the lines and come to your own conclusions, congratulations but I don't particularly want to play those games.

Have a nice day :)

ELR is a recipie site and as such i guess the owners feel they have a duty of care to include any warning information and i do agree it is a responsible thing to do.

On the other hand i feel that if people are old enough to purchase vaping paraphernalia then they are old enough to make their own decissions.

You might then say that it's the responsibility of the person posting a recipe or recommending a flavouring but on this point i would disagree.

It would be responsible of someone selling a juice or flavouring to include the "MSDS" pertaining to the juice or flavouring like it would be the responsibility of a battery vendor to provide all of the necessary warnings and disclaimers.

Sharing a recipe or recommending a certain flavouring or ready made juice does not come with any obligation and that person that recommends is in no way accountable should their recommendation be uptaken and any adversities arise.

If POTV feel differently then it's not just confined to the mixology section is it.

I mean we recommend this kit that wire this cotton etc without including warnings.
Warnings that are unsubstantiated, with no current proof, or are just simply total rubbish in the first place..... Where do we stop?
When we can't recommend vaping as a whole anymore?
May aswell shut up shop and leave people smoking?

While it would be a shame if we over policed (IMO) the diy section, i believe there are enough people that feel there is something behind these flavouring warnings so adding a disclaimer as a sticky in the mixology section wouldn't hurt.

It would appease anyone concerned and still allows us share our recipes and flavour recommendations for the greater good which is ultimately to help others remain smoke free.

While it would be a shame if we over policed (IMO) the diy section, i believe there are enough people that feel there is something behind these flavouring warnings so adding a disclaimer as a sticky in the mixology section wouldn't hurt.

It would appease anyone concerned and still allows us share our recipes and flavour recommendations for the greater good which is ultimately to help others remain smoke free.

This , it was simply a request or whatever, to mention when recommending diy to new people and it seems to of got all blown out of proportion
As a hub of knowledge, some a lot better than others I may add, I thought this place was supposed to be about information and helping others

This , it was simply a request or whatever, to mention when recommending diy to new people and it seems to of got all blown out of proportion

You were pleading for POTV to make rules on it, so I think people read that as a little more than "a request or whatever"

I do understand the point you are making, but most people recommend one shots to new people and it's not really that easy to find out all the flavorings and compounds in those.

As a hub of knowledge, some a lot better than others I may add, I thought this place was supposed to be about information and helping others
I wouldn't say out of proportion but maybe the context of the whole things gone a bit wobbly.
This is after all a forum full of opinionated people myself included who will speak their minds.
I'm sure junglist has it in hand.

You were pleading for POTV to make rules on it, so I think people read that as a little more than "a request or whatever"
pleas & rules was supposed to be a little tongue in cheek . not really a rule , guideline or recommendation I suppose

Back
Top Bottom