What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How do you enter a Comp/ Giveaway?

rew

Olympian
I have not entered any Comps etc yet, but have realized that I dont actually know how to enter and am concerned about buggering it up. Can anyone help @Jackymax or anyone else

usually its just adding you name to a list, copy, paste, add your name to the bottom

The instructions for the competition/giveaway are usually in the first post.

A lot of members do giveaways where you just add your name to a numbered list, by copying the list from the previous post and adding your name at the bottom.

@rew easiest way to enter is if whatever number have already entered say 3 people you will see

1. bobs
2. ya
3. uncle

just copy the above 3 or however many it is into the reply box below and add your name

1. bobs
2. ya
3. uncle
4. rew

when comps are first posted it can get confusing as 2 or 3 people could be posting their name at the same time so just check that someone has not beaten you too it and there are 2 number 4 entries.
simples
click edit post and change yours to 5 or leave it for a regular to do it.
not seen a comp in 3 years go smoothly all the way through and always a double post or duplicate.

@rew easiest way to enter is if whatever number have already entered say 3 people you will see

1. bobs
2. ya
3. uncle

just copy the above 3 or however many it is into the reply box below and add your name

1. bobs
2. ya
3. uncle
4. rew

when comps are first posted it can get confusing as 2 or 3 people could be posting their name at the same time so just check that someone has not beaten you too it and there are 2 number 4 entries.
simples
click edit post and change yours to 5 or leave it for a regular to do it.
not seen a comp in 3 years go smoothly all the way through and always a double post or duplicate.

Yes, it is simples when explained like that. Thanks

I have not entered any Comps etc yet, but have realized that I dont actually know how to enter and am concerned about buggering it up. Can anyone help @Jackymax or anyone else
Literally just copy/paste the final list in the thread, then add your name to the end! It's that easy! Good luck! :D

On a slightly different note...I've been looking in petitions, surveys & campaigns threads of late...and would join in on some of them..but I'm not so keen on the amount of personal details, that many of them seem to require. Email addy's is perfectly fine...and I can see the logic behind asking for home addresses, but some require telephone numbers & other sensitive personal info..which i'm not prepared to give out, that some of them insist on needing, in order to take part or submit to, even pledges, if it's a charity one.

Aside from the never-ending junk mail and bloody phone cold callers....one can never be 100% sure that sensitive info won't be used for inappropriate purposes, no matter the organiser's promises not to disclose such info to other 3rd parties. Having been stung several times in the past, I'm am alas, innately suspicious and untrusting of any organisation I haven't heard of before..despite their good intentions and the good work & goals that they strive to achieve.

That probably makes me sound very uncharitable....but I do donate to many causes close to my heart...it's just I like to exercise my philanthropism, on my own terms! :)

Last edited:
On a slightly different note...I've been looking in petitions, surveys & campaigns threads of late...and would join in on some of them..but I'm not so keen on the amount of personal details, that many of them seem to require. Email addy's is perfectly fine...and I can see the logic behind asking for home addresses, but some require telephone numbers & other sensitive personal info..which i'm not prepared to give out, that some of them insist on needing, in order to take part or submit to, even pledges, if it's a charity one.

Aside from the never-ending junk mail and bloody phone cold callers....one can never be 100% sure that sensitive info won't be used for inappropriate purposes, no matter the organiser's promises not to disclose such info to other 3rd parties. Having been stung several times in the past, I'm am alas, innately suspicious and untrusting of any organisation I haven't heard of before..despite their good intentions and the good work & goals that they strive to achieve.

That probably makes me sound very uncharitable....but I do donate to many causes close to my heart...it's just I like to exercise my philanthropism, on my own terms! :)
How much information I will give is dependent on who is asking. It is is a government petition a certain amount of personal details is required. If it is not government I won't even bother if personal details are required.

Back
Top Bottom