What's new

Android App / No Notifications

Ah maybe because i'm using the site from my PC/web at the sametime and the POTV app is ignoring it as i've already seen it on the website?

Could well be that if the notification is hit quickly via browser that it won't trigger the push to the app. Replying to give you another chance to see [emoji1]

Just updated my Android app - looks very good. First time I see Participated items loaded and also see Alerts for the first time. I don't use Notifications. Other good looking aspects such as only seeing threads with unread etc.
Looks a very good update.
Use desktop mostly but good to have a more functional app. Good job.
(Marshmallow 6.0.1)

Yea i think it is that, tapatalk ignores the fact i'm reading on the web and notifies regardless, whereas the POTV app does not, which i prefer and makes sense, thanks.

Ah well, new version of app keeps asking me to log in and doesn't seem to be handling images well, lots of broken image icons which will download but that's no good.
Of course it doesn't help that posters upload huge files, really apes there is no reason to upload any image file larger than say 500Kb. I try to keep mine below 200Kb but I'm seeing >2Mb files uploaded which doesn't help the strain on the servers I'm sure.

Wicked stuff :D Had phone notification as soon as you replied. @city461 @Huggett - stick the main Tapatalk app on and search for the site on there and you should be sorted with a decent app again.

Ah well, new version of app keeps asking me to log in and doesn't seem to be handling images well, lots of broken image icons which will download but that's no good.
Of course it doesn't help that posters upload huge files, really apes there is no reason to upload any image file larger than say 500Kb. I try to keep mine below 200Kb but I'm seeing >2Mb files uploaded which doesn't help the strain on the servers I'm sure.

Opend crapatalk app thingy and the first thing I saw is below... Cant afford such extravagance, thats nearly 3 pints of pink drink and now I fear being bombarded with adds for a "walk in bath" or "have I had an accident in the last 3 minutes".
17352593_10155922141060558_224183413_n.jpg

You don't have to do any of of those upgrade options to use the free version, click the X top right, you will just get a few ads.

Could well be that if the notification is hit quickly via browser that it won't trigger the push to the app. Replying to give you another chance to see [emoji1]
Would just like to say thanks for all the hard work that must have gone into the app, my notifications are working again and I love the extras in the app cheers dude [emoji5]

You don't have to do any of of those upgrade options to use the free version, click the X top right, you will just get a few ads.

Like bIOforger said @city461 - you don't need to pay. I think the ads on the free version are the ones we had loaded into the custom app as well so they are all vape ones anyway :D

Would just like to say thanks for all the hard work that must have gone into the app, my notifications are working again and I love the extras in the app cheers dude [emoji5]

Would love to take some credit for it mate but it's just a paid add-on. Bit of a fiddle to keep the bits up to date - and this is why we don't tend to upgrade them that often. Glad stuff is all working again now, must admit that the notifications working again have made me a bit more active on here since I put tapatalk back on the phone :D

Are you supposed to get notifications on the app about post's made on a thread you are watching ?
@junglist

Edit. Ignore that. I didn't have the box checked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom