What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Android App / No Notifications

mick brown

Veteran
I use both the website and the android app . I get notifications on the Web , ie . Replies to posts , likes etc, but just recently haven't been getting anything on the app .
Does anyone else suffer with this or is it my phone ?

Yep same here, works in tapatalk but not from the POTV app, sammy s7edge on Nougat. Probably a bug. Notification setting is on and allowed.

I don't get them either anymore. Also on a Samsung s7 but had a nougat update recently.

Cheers

Gaz

If it's any consolation I don't get push notifications either. And I'm running iOS beta on an iPhone.

Notification settings are definitely turned on.

Cheers all - there have been some updates to the Android push notifications system. I filled in all the details a week or so ago and generated a new version of the app - will see if I can update it now and that should fix it for Android.

IOS - we had an update from the app rejected a month or so ago due to it being about nicotine and they have changed the rules to stop new apps and updates for existing apps about vaping being booted. Our Apple Developer account was then up for renewal and we did not renew due to not being able to run updates and I reckon due to this the app is now out of the Apple Store completely and this has probably killed the push notifications as well.

If you are on IOS then my only recommendation (other than use the site in Safari or Chrome) is to install the main Tapatalk App and access POTV using that. I have stuck it on my iPhone and it works well - push notifications and all!

Back
Top Bottom