What's new

100 post classifieds....

zed666

Initiate
I've never been very active on the forum but regularly browse topics....... I only registered an account 2 years ago because I wanted to use the classifieds section to trade away a tank I received: Trade thread: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...mpleted-classifieds/threads/fogger-4-1.65230/

I recenty received another tank that I decided to trade, but alas, now I need 100posts before I can access the section....why has this changed?, surely it's of mutual benefit to everyone the bigger the marketplace?.

I can appreciate that having 100 posts stops new signups from trying to scam people in trades.....but there's nothing stopping the trusted member from requesting that the new signup sends their item first.....which is what I did in my trade above since I signed up specifically to trade the tank. I can't imagine that having to spam 100 posts being all that dissuasive to scammers anyway.

Anyyyway.... I don't mean to sound disrespectful, I was just a little miffed off when I wasn't trusted to do something that I had already previously done successfully.

The classifieds is there as a benefit to users of the forum. There have been issues with newer users not honouring trades or sales so the decision was made to make it accessible to people who contribute to the discussion on here.

I can appreciate that this is annoying to people who don't feel that they have a lot to contribute but it its what it is and there have been far less issues in that section since the new limit was introduced. I can't see it changing any time in the near future.

Fair points guys, I understand it's all there for a reason.

I know 100 posts isn't a lot at all....I could probably find something relevant to say in 100 threads in a matter of days...... but it would be forced comments just to trade a tank in the classifieds which I feel is a bit dishonest from me.

( I don't naturally have all that much to talk about since I've been rocking the same kayfun style rebuildables with simple microcoils/cotton for the past 3 years or so......vaping generic cheap juices)

I will probably just keep a hold of the tank, I was only looking for a some wire or similar cheap bits in trade anyways. My natural stats show 22 posts in 2 years, hopefully in another 8 years I will be able to access it :-D.

Fair points guys, I understand it's all there for a reason.

I know 100 posts isn't a lot at all....I could probably find something relevant to say in 100 threads in a matter of days...... but it would be forced comments just to trade a tank in the classifieds which I feel is a bit dishonest from me.

( I don't naturally have all that much to talk about since I've been rocking the same kayfun style rebuildables with simple microcoils/cotton for the past 3 years or so......vaping generic cheap juices)

I will probably just keep a hold of the tank, I was only looking for a some wire or similar cheap bits in trade anyways. My natural stats show 22 posts in 2 years, hopefully in another 8 years I will be able to access it :-D.

There are always new vapers that know less than you.
You know about giving up fags, you know about kayfun type tanks, basic coil building, you have favourite juices etc.
you could be more help than you think.

Mainly because this is a forum first and foremost, and the trades/classies are a secondary bonus for those who have participated in the community aspect of the forum.

Urghh...... Just gone to create a thread in the 'free to good home' section for the tank since I won't be using it.....can't do that either lol. Think the world is against me.

Edit: nevermind, found the charity/competition/giveaway section that I am able to post in instead.

Last edited:
Sorry mate - rules is rules. I can see you have been here a really good amount of time and am saddened you've been frustrated by not being able to list the item. Keep posting like this though and you'll have access to the classifieds in a few days ;)

Back
Top Bottom