What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vape manufacturers win the patent battle over Fontem Ventures

heaven gifts

Achiever
Important News for the whole eCigs Industry:

On September 8, 2016, at European Patent Office (EPO) located in Munich, Joyetech GmbH, alongside a few ecig companies, collectively succeeded with patent revocation against EP 2022349 patent held by Fontem Ventures.

Fontem Ventures is a subsidiary of tobacco company Imperial Tobacco, the world's fourth-largest international cigarette company. Dating back to 2013, Imperial Tobacco bought the original e-cigarette patents from Hon Lik, father of the modern e-cigs, this is what Imperial Tobacco is basing its copyright infringement lawsuits on.

The result of this case has a significant influence on the development of the whole e-cigarette industry around the world. We all know vaping is much more healthy than smoking traditional tobacco. Imagine if Fontem Ventures had won, they would charge every user of e-cigarette product for the patent fee. It would be devastating if the traditional tobacco company sells tobacco and also controls e-cigarettes industry.

We will definitely fight together and try our best to create a bright future for the whole e-cigarette industry. Keep vaping, keep fighting!

EP 2022349 patent:
http://www.google.com/patents/EP2022349A1?cl=en
https://www.google.com/patents/EP2022349B1?cl=en29

So this should be a win for vaping over tobacco long may it continue. It is about time that the world got behind getting Tobbaco leaf products that are smoked by being combusted banned and made illegal, thus forcing tobacco companies out of business and saving billions of lives.

So this should be a win for vaping over tobacco long may it continue. It is about time that the world got behind getting Tobbaco leaf products that are smoked by being combusted banned and made illegal, thus forcing tobacco companies out of business and saving billions of lives.
Nothing wrong with having dreams .... but outright prohibition doesn't have a good track ... besides, consider for a moment that there are plenty of people who think vaping should be banned and states in the world where that's happening. You draw the line in one place, they draw it somewhere else.

Nothing wrong with having dreams .... but outright prohibition doesn't have a good track ... besides, consider for a moment that there are plenty of people who think vaping should be banned and states in the world where that's happening. You draw the line in one place, they draw it somewhere else.
Agree with you on this, it would be good though if they did ban Tobacco products that are combusted, people get to much crap fed to them via the media and the money involved in cigarette sales is the only reason cigarettes and the likes will never be banned.
At least a bit more thought is being put in of late and since TPD regarding vaping which is good news like this thread started by HG except for U.S where vapers have a fight on their hands now .

Agree with you on this, it would be good though if they did ban Tobacco products that are combusted, people get to much crap fed to them via the media and the money involved in cigarette sales is the only reason cigarettes and the likes will never be banned.
At least a bit more thought is being put in of late and since TPD regarding vaping which is good news like this thread started by HG except for U.S where vapers have a fight on their hands now .
I do see where you are coming from, although I never feel outright bans are the way to go-I think people should be free to use what they like without bans.

I saw a thread here the other day that made me sad, the OP was polish I believe and it had become illegal to vape outdoors and there was lots of restrictions, I felt terrible for them.

Vaping is undoubtably healthier than smoking, I just think if people want to smoke they should, after all they pay enough tax too lol!

Back
Top Bottom