Innokin
What's new

Things to try with a Genesis?

Ive been revisiting my Aquilo genni this week.

1st attempt at setting it up, 400 mesh with a silica wick, not great.
Yesterday spent an hour or so shouting and going all kung-fu on it and boom, it actually works this time!
3mm dual coiled, 400 mesh without a silica core, comes out at .6ohms, 25w and theres bags of flavour and clouds.

Its a house tank, pick it up wrong and it becomes a gusher, put it down wrong it becomes a leaker.
Deffo a 'vertical only' tank.

E-liquids.com
Nice, I've been toying with the idea of getting a dual coil genny for a while but really don't want one that I can't take out and about. Never had any leak problems with RSST though and I think they do a dual.

Glad you're enjoying it.. Did you do hollow core?

Nice, I've been toying with the idea of getting a dual coil genny for a while but really don't want one that I can't take out and about. Never had any leak problems with RSST though and I think they do a dual.

Glad you're enjoying it.. Did you do hollow core?

Im liking the dual setup, it packs almost the same punch as a dripper.
I fold an edge of the mesh and roll it around a toothpick, works well for 3mm wicking holes.

AcmeFog

All i can say is good luck with that. If you buy it & it serves you well then ok, let's hear about it, but a genny clone for that price, you will not be getting an origenny.
Such a shame really because users of the original have testified to the atty's greatness but that greatness is not to be found in a 10 bob tin foil fail. Sorry man, it's a wolf in sheeps clothing but i'm all ears if anyone wants to be the test pilot & blog the results, better still a video where it has been working well for a length of time greater than 1 hour. ;)

If i was a bookie, i'd give good odds on the thing failing on 1 critical point at least.

Smoore
All i can say is good luck with that. If you buy it & it serves you well then ok, let's hear about it, but a genny clone for that price, you will not be getting an origenny.
Such a shame really because users of the original have testified to the atty's greatness but that greatness is not to be found in a 10 bob tin foil fail. Sorry man, it's a wolf in sheeps clothing but i'm all ears if anyone wants to be the test pilot & blog the results, better still a video where it has been working well for a length of time greater than 1 hour. ;)

If i was a bookie, i'd give good odds on the thing failing on 1 critical point at least.

Yeah, I know, and also I should know better but at $15 it just seems worth a punt.

Not sure if it's any better than the other one on there as some people had said the 510 had snapped off and the threads were bad but the other is made from SS & aluminium, however this one has the old 'all major parts are SS'... But with no reviews it's hard to say.

Do you have any recommendations on any others? Didn't really want to spend a huge amount as it would just be for fun, not an all day tank.

Vape Green
Yeah, I know, and also I should know better but at $15 it just seems worth a punt.

Not sure if it's any better than the other one on there as some people had said the 510 had snapped off and the threads were bad but the other is made from SS & aluminium, however this one has the old 'all major parts are SS'... But with no reviews it's hard to say.

Do you have any recommendations on any others? Didn't really want to spend a huge amount as it would just be for fun, not an all day tank.

If it's just for fun then you only have £15 to lose. I only flag stuff like that because i got fed up of cheap attys that failed, that's just my way though & i'm nobody to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't do, to me it compares to throwing cash in the bin which is something i find hard to swallow, i'm not wealthy, & in a way i would save anyone else the same non investment but i respect that not everyone sees the vape world the same way.

We're all different but i do know that of every single clone atty i ever bought i have none of them left, they fell short in one area or another & ended up being either moved on or binned, always at my loss. Gennys ? i would wager that a genuine but budget atty would give a better experience.
Maybe i'm different, i don't feel the need for tons of attys at the same time but rather i would have 3 or 4 good ones & be satisfied. That makes me not the right guy to ask i guess because i lack any enthusiasm for cheap attys ;)...Only because i've been previously bitten though.

If it's just for fun then you only have £15 to lose. I only flag stuff like that because i got fed up of cheap attys that failed, that's just my way though & i'm nobody to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't do, to me it compares to throwing cash in the bin which is something i find hard to swallow, i'm not wealthy, & in a way i would save anyone else the same non investment but i respect that not everyone sees the vape world the same way.

We're all different but i do know that of every single clone atty i ever bought i have none of them left, they fell short in one area or another & ended up being either moved on or binned, always at my loss. Gennys ? i would wager that a genuine but budget atty would give a better experience.
Maybe i'm different, i don't feel the need for tons of attys at the same time but rather i would have 3 or 4 good ones & be satisfied. That makes me not the right guy to ask i guess because i lack any enthusiasm for cheap attys ;)...Only because i've been previously bitten though.

I appreciate the insight. I suppose I've had 2 clones, 1 was great the other was awful. I'm the same as currently only have 3 in regular use but I'm still exploring what's out there I guess.

Kraken it is I think, I've read good things about the hcigar clone.

Innokin
I appreciate the insight. I suppose I've had 2 clones, 1 was great the other was awful. I'm the same as currently only have 3 in regular use but I'm still exploring what's out there I guess.

Kraken it is I think, I've read good things about the hcigar clone.

I never tried one but it has won a lot of people so that says something for it.

Back
Top Bottom