Innokin
What's new

London Vaping Flash Mob

jessica

Achiever
You may know that French vapers have organised a Vaping Flash Mob for 11th January. The idea is to meet up with other vapers and wear or bring something orange. The Vaping Flash Mob Facebook page.

A London vaping flash mob is proposed - we will meet outside BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JP from 12pm on 11 January.

Here's a link to show why the venue is appropriate.

This will be the anniversary of the day last year when lots of vapers met outside BBC offices throughout the UK to protest at the lack of fair media coverage on vaping.

Innokin
Great idea. We should get a few of these going to build up some momentum for when we need a massive one to bring the City to a standstill.

Great I will be there. So long as there is none of that lying down in the road; if there is two or three fit vapers at least will be needed to get me up again.

Vape Green
Two or three "Fit Vapourettes" will certainly get me Up, no problem....:)

Elux
AcmeFog
I could,but doubt if the sheep/cattle would give a dam tbh :D

Cumbria is just about inside my travel range for something in the afternoon. The way the French vapers have it set up is it is more about overall numbers and images posted online than key locations. I have run this sort of protest myself before and you can get good news coverage if enough people participate and tell people they are doing so.

I would be quite happy to gather a few vapers & go stand in the town centre to demonstrate but we are presently experiencing a massive fail with the council heads who have allowed the town to almost die.It used to be a vibrant busy town centre,but recently almost all the independent traders have closed & their empty premises occupied with charity shops.The twice weekly market used to occupy the entire market-place,last I saw there were just 2-3 stalls.The council even closed the ONLY public conveniences in the town,then had the building demolished.All this has meant that apart from the occasional relocated employee lost while out on their lunch-break,nobody is about. As for media attendance,the local paper is rarely seen(I read it from cover to cover to keep up on local happenings)unless it is covering our MP attending some event to do with nuclear power.

I will likely resort to twitter posting my support for those daarnn sarf. :D

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I would be quite happy to gather a few vapers & go stand in the town centre to demonstrate but we are presently experiencing a massive fail with the council heads who have allowed the town to almost die.It used to be a vibrant busy town centre,but recently almost all the independent traders have closed & their empty premises occupied with charity shops.The twice weekly market used to occupy the entire market-place,last I saw there were just 2-3 stalls.The council even closed the ONLY public conveniences in the town,then had the building demolished.All this has meant that apart from the occasional relocated employee lost while out on their lunch-break,nobody is about. As for media attendance,the local paper is rarely seen(I read it from cover to cover to keep up on local happenings)unless it is covering our MP attending some event to do with nuclear power.

I will likely resort to twitter posting my support for those daarnn sarf. :D

Take a photo of you and the Mrs wearing orange and vaping standing somewhere public like the local pub, or just outside in the garden and post that at the same time with the right hash tag and you will actually be adding to the protest numbers. It might seem silly but stuff like that can actually add a dimension to the big events of a story like this and make it more likely to achieve publicity. If a few hundred Scrabble players can get a Sunday Times exclusive with those sorts of tactics then there is no reason vapers shouldn't be able to achieve the same ;)

Back
Top Bottom