Vape Superstore
What's new

Who's up for a challenge?

Vape Superstore
Ok Chegs any better?

Bit limited by the RSST 2's airflow, dont really wanna start drilling the cap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Chegs any better?

Bit limited by the RSST 2's airflow, dont really wanna start drilling the cap!

Think you'll have to find some more air before you pass out trying to suck through that. :D

I ended up drilling more holes in my RSST than a lump of Swiss cheese has, before discovering that the mesh wick wasn't able to keep up with 0.7 ohms at 8.4V:D

Last edited by a moderator:
AcmeFog
Think you'll have to find some more air before you pass out trying to suck through that. :D

I ended up drilling more holes in my RSST than a lump of Swiss cheese has, before discovering that the mesh wick wasn't able to keep up with 0.7 ohms at 8.4V:D

The RSST 2 does have much better standard airflow than the original RSST, but obviously not enough for 0.16!
I guess u would have to have even more airflow than normal when vaping at 8.4v, have u tried ss cable?
It works very well, i started on ss cable so have never used mesh so cant compare.
Im gonna need sum more advice on lipo batts, as now ive heard there so good i think i will use 1 in my planned box mod. Still want 4.2v so am looking at 1s cells.

The RSST 2 does have much better standard airflow than the original RSST, but obviously not enough for 0.16!
I guess u would have to have even more airflow than normal when vaping at 8.4v, have u tried ss cable?
It works very well, i started on ss cable so have never used mesh so cant compare.
Im gonna need sum more advice on lipo batts, as now ive heard there so good i think i will use 1 in my planned box mod. Still want 4.2v so am looking at 1s cells.

Yes, tried cable. Though was a long time ago in my vaping journey and the atty I was using back then had a 1.5 ml tank, tiny single hole for air(drilled a lot larger and doubled it up on opposite side)and powered by a baccy tin mod with just 4.2v.

You could always follow my lead with the lipo's and build a parallel pack, then you get huge mah and still have 4.2v. My first builds with the lipo cells had 4 x 1000 mah cells in parallel, only started experimenting with 8.4V recently and biggest hassle has been getting both coils exactly same ohms with twisted kanthal. Even a 0.05 ohm difference leads to hot spots or one coil lighting up like a bulb whilst the other barely gets hot. :D

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Yes, tried cable. Though was a long time ago in my vaping journey and the atty I was using back then had a 1.5 ml tank, tiny single hole for air(drilled a lot larger and doubled it up on opposite side)and powered by a baccy tin mod with just 4.2v.

You could always follow my lead with the lipo's and build a parallel pack, then you get huge mah and still have 4.2v. My first builds with the lipo cells had 4 x 1000 mah cells in parallel, only started experimenting with 8.4V recently and biggest hassle has been getting both coils exactly same ohms with twisted kanthal. Even a 0.05 ohm difference leads to hot spots or one coil lighting up like a bulb whilst the other barely gets hot. :D

Sounds fun! Have thought about a parallel pack but then would have to get balance charger and was hoping to charge batt in the box mod. Im looking at getting a [h=1]Turnigy nano-tech A-SPEC 6000mah 1S 65~130C Hardcase Lipo Pack[/h]would that take forever to charge with a usb charging board in a mod?
That is if i can use one of those boards to charge lipo batt?

Sounds fun! Have thought about a parallel pack but then would have to get balance charger and was hoping to charge batt in the box mod. Im looking at getting a Turnigy nano-tech A-SPEC 6000mah 1S 65~130C Hardcase Lipo Pack

would that take forever to charge with a usb charging board in a mod?
That is if i can use one of those boards to charge lipo batt?

4000 mah was taking upto 8 hours to recharge through a USB board @ 1A claimed output.My balance charger was about a tenner on ebay,can recharge my 4400 mah in as little as 45 mins. Also added a JST socket to my mod, simply plugs the charger to mod and setup charge rate(4.2/8.4V etc)and upto 5A, under an hour later, series beeps indicate pack charged. I've also made a little square board for the 2nd pack to ease the configuration of the balance wiring and once that's installed, the 1st pack will have the same system setup on it. Using lipo's requires the user to respect them as they hold huge energy and it will bite you hard if you don't.

Last edited:
Vape Green
Chegs cheers 4 all ure help mate. screw that, looks like ill b gettin a balance charger then! Still not 2 sure about soldering the batt tabs together.

I'm just off out, I'll post a pic of the board I've made when I get back.

Vape Club
Back
Top Bottom