Vape Club
What's new

On the verge of commiting Kraken Murder.

My kraken will quite happily sit on its side or upside down all day without leaking. Dual coils, cotton up-n-over wick.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Aye im miss informing folk there my bad I purposely hadnt put mine on its side as heard gennies will leak mines not leaking upside down either guess it would be dependant on build that SS is 3mm so same diameter as the wick hole.

Innokin
Its a good Atty when dome right. I'm a big fan of the kraken. Best gennie IMHO.

Sent from somewhere deep and dark at ModMaker HQ

How does a gennie effects the vape ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Vape Green
Hey man dont let it get to you! heres an easy way to coil a kraken buddy with no hotspotting and great flavour/vaper!

Nicely done video mate, Never tried wire and ecowool but works great. Looks like I'm off online shopping again for some goodies :grin2:

Elux
Nicely done video mate, Never tried wire and ecowool but works great. Looks like I'm off online shopping again for some goodies :grin2:

Hahah it is worth it and the vapours great, just remember to tip it slightly when you vape to make sure it keeps the wick wet.

Are all gennies just as mental on mesh n ss? I want more of em, thought It was time to have another go with ribbon, nothing too silly just single that came out 0.65 sensible but for the Ohms its kraken!!

mess:
DSC_0076.jpg

but toasty
af355ade-a241-4e01-b036-740f9758f4c9.jpg

Test Fire bloody hell I want more gennies I do I do I do:
50/50 juice
[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1qz5t7lc78jdr8/MOV_0078.mp4[/video]

Might bang another in, flavour is great too love this ati.

Really after a comparision as well on the hcigar vs VA 1.1 as this is the only naughty I have now and foresure will get the pucka one if its much better, searched found nowt apart from one thread with one guys saying the VA was heavier and the deck was bigger, probably get a SS version if anyone wants shot let me know.

Anyone own both?

AcmeFog
@roballan nice work with the ribbon.
I've got a Hcigar and and a genuine, and in comparison the clone is shite-its just not as well engineered as the original and vapes nowhere near as well,it leaked and was prone to dry hits(hence putting cotton behind the wick),no such problems with the VA.The negative screw holes seem to be all over(when compared to the VA),and when building they don't feel like their in the right place-if that makes sense,the VA just feels easier to do a build on.
The airflow adjuster on the sleeve is nowhere near as precisely machined,theres always a gap between it and the brass sleeve.
And then theres the materials used,they look and feel cheap and low quality.
I could go on but you really need to see(and use) them side by side to really see the differences,but when alls said and done get an original-you won't be disappointed and the difference will blow yer socks off...
Just my 10 pence worth...

Last edited:
@roballan nice work with the ribbon.
I've got a Hcigar and and a genuine, and in comparison the clone is shite-its just not as well engineered as the original and vapes nowhere near as well.The negative screw holes seem to be all over(when compared to the VA),and when building they don't feel like their in the right place-if that makes sense,the VA just feels easier to do a build on.
The airflow adjuster on the sleeve is nowhere near as precisely machined,theres always a gap between it and the brass sleeve.
And then theres the materials used,they look and feel cheap and low quality.
I could go on but you really need to see(and use) them side by side to really see the differences,but when alls said and done get an original-you won't be disappointed and the difference will blow yer socks off...
Just my 10 pence worth...

@pogle

Thanks so much for taking time out to reply much appreciated had a couple of clone ati's then the originals follow try before you buy so to speak and they were night and day in terms of quality every time.

I just wasnt 100% on this one, needless to say your comments will get me to grab a pucka one, the only bug bear I had with the clone without being in a position to compare with VA and see how much better it is, was not necessarliy a whistle but just below where a whistle would happen its loud in terms of hearing air on the inhale I thought that might of just been down to the design of the tank cover not a clone thing or potentially needed tighter o-rings, happens with any drip tip single or double o-ringed, but pushing down on the tip its goes very quiet.

The AFC on mine works although is very stiff even with one of the two o-rings removed, the negative screw will have to see when I see the VA one.

Thanks again
Rob

hmmm finish is the only quandary now :D

Royal Flush Vape
roballan just wanted to add that while the VA is far superior to the clone,the clone for what it is is still a cracking little atty-i guess this is true for most clone/genuine attys.
The differences are not vastly huge,but after a bit of use they become very apparent,one good thing though is when i want to try out a new coil i can build and test it on the clone and not worry if it doesn't work,without having to potentially destroy a good working set up.
Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone with a clone thought i was being a clone vs genuine vapesnob etc...

Back
Top Bottom