Vape Club
What's new

Dani Mini: flavour not great in power mode

Sep

Hello there all. Been reading threads on this site for the better part of a year now, on that steep learning curve from first pod kit to box mod & rta. All very helpful!

After reliability issues with my first couple of mods (& bank balance sadly undepleted by a holiday…) decided not to go for an exchange this time around but splash out on a Dicodes.

Plan to move into tc at some point, meanwhile just getting familiar with the device. Love the build quality, fine with the interface after a couple of very frustrating days (!) but compared to the mods I was using in power mode previously (same liquid, same rta at 18 & 22w, couple of different 18650 types both from good vendors) the dani isn’t producing the same flavour.

Lowering or upping watts doesn’t improve things. I just go from thin & slightly raw to slightly overcooked without the flavour opening up.

How much flexibility is there in settings for power mode aside from watts?

Could battery settings help in terms of the power curve? The dani seems a tad fiercer at the same watts than the other mods (geekvape solo & dna75). I tried setting a watt limit but that didn't seem to change things.

Cheers :)

Innokin
Sounds like you've inadvertently gone into TC. Never heard of a watts limit in power mode on a dicodes and I have two.

Hi John thanks.

No I’m not in tc. I was talking about setting a Plim value (power / part 5 in the manual). Wondered if setting that at a lower limit above the selected vaping wattage might limit the amount of incidental ‘overheating’ from repeat firing and / or longer draws. Reading it again tho, looks like that's only to prevent accidentally scrolling the watts?

Should perhaps make it clear I don’t think what I’m describing is fault or input error. But I’ve been using the same flavour for a while now and it vapes differently (on the same coil in the same tank) on the dani. Seems hotter & tighter in the same watt range, but if I drop watts there’s even less flavour. I can probably tweak the liquid to suit, but interested why this is happening.

Does the dicodes mod draw / deliver power more efficiently - more of a punch / different type curve by default? Do different battery types make a difference?

When you’re in power mode do you modify any settings apart from watts?

Cheers

Vape Green
I'll be honest, I don't fanny around with power mode on a dicodes, purely tc, that's it's reason to exist. For wattage you can use any old dumb brick. That's neither here not there tho for your issue. A battery will have little bearing on it, other than determining how long it'll last at any given amp draw. Maybe @Mawsley has some input, I know he uses dicodes chipset stuff and I don't think he does tc.

I'll be honest, I don't fanny around with power mode on a dicodes, purely tc, that's it's reason to exist. For wattage you can use any old dumb brick. That's neither here not there tho for your issue. A battery will have little bearing on it, other than determining how long it'll last at any given amp draw. Maybe @Mawsley has some input, I know he uses dicodes chipset stuff and I don't think he does tc.
TC? Bleurgh - spit - yuk.

@Sep - have you looked at the boost setting to see how the coil is heating up? That's the only idea I have on this because I don't get how it can vape differently compared to another regulated mod. I use mine as standard out of the box in power mode and have never bothered to read the manual.

Elux
TC? Bleurgh - spit - yuk.

@Sep - have you looked at the boost setting to see how the coil is heating up? That's the only idea I have on this because I don't get how it can vape differently compared to another regulated mod. I use mine as standard out of the box in power mode and have never bothered to read the manual.
Me too fella. Set my wattage to be at our 3.7v and press fire. Good as gold.

Ha ha – all good answers, thanks. Useful to know there’s probably nothing useful to know…

Does raise the q are all reg mods equal in power mode - not one that's occurred to me before. However previous issues don't make for a good baseline.

I’ll check out the boost function, tx M. If I find something I’ll get back. Meantime just got going in tc mode for first time. The coolness is so different took me by surprise. All good, altho looks like I’ll be tweaking liquid one way or another after all ;)

AcmeFog
Short answer: no, they aren’t all equal. It is said that Dicodes reads more accurately than any other board - but I’ve not seen evidence to prove this. I often have to tweak the claimed wattage between mods.

Short answer: no, they aren’t all equal. It is said that Dicodes reads more accurately than any other board - but I’ve not seen evidence to prove this. I often have to tweak the claimed wattage between mods.
Yes, unless the previous mod is a DNA board (which I find very consists and accurate to my ohms reader) it's highly likely whatever mod used previous is reading low or high. Also most mods obviously display the wattage given out from the board. Does that wattage hit your coil... Often not as the wire/solder and 510 connector can add resistance. This is minimal in a dicodes made mod. Engineered to be so due to It's pursuit of absolute tc accuracy.
So long story short I'd set your dicodes at the vape you like and assume that the figure given on the display is as accurate a real world measurement as you'll find and measure all other mods against that as the standard.

Royal Flush Vape
thanks
1f44d.png

Back
Top Bottom