Innokin
What's new

First go at Rhubarb & Custard

adm

Postman
First off, I'm going more for the desert flavour rather than the sweets with this one.

I was going to make Strawberry. Ripple's "Obscured by Custard" recipe, but don't have all the bits yet so I made a similar custardy base and added a shit load of Capella Rhubarb to it. Plus a little sweetener and a bit of "Vape Wizard" to try and round off any Rhubarb astringency. 60ml made up at 3mg Nic and in the cupboard for a few weeks to steep.

Rhubarb%20Custard-XL.png

This actually smelled pretty good as I mixed it up. Fingers crossed.

Vape Club
Vape Green
It’s always worth checking how much people are using to get a rough idea. Some flavours can taste very bad if mixed too strong. Hopefully it works out.

It’s always worth checking how much people are using to get a rough idea. Some flavours can taste very bad if mixed too strong. Hopefully it works out.

We shall see! I'll leave it a few days and have a little go at it. If the Rhubard is overpowering then I'll bin it and try again. The beautiful thing about mixing your own juice is it's dirt cheap if you make mistakes and have to try again.

Premier Ecigs
Eliquid recipes and all the flavours are sites worth having a look at. I rarely ever mix following recipes (maybe one or two) but they are useful to get a rough idea of how much of a particular concentrate people are using in a mix.

The thing with flavours is more isn't always better. Most concentrates have a ceiling, after which adding more doesn't do anything to the flavour it just makes it too sweet, or cloying or just nasty. Sometimes it even mutes the flavour you want.

AcmeFog
I just had a poke around on e-liquid-recipes and there's a few well rated recipes on there with 7.5% rhubarb, but also a lot with much lower percentages.

So I am the top end of the range, but hopefully still in play.

Time will tell!

We shall see! I'll leave it a few days and have a little go at it. If the Rhubard is overpowering then I'll bin it and try again. The beautiful thing about mixing your own juice is it's dirt cheap if you make mistakes and have to try again.
It's always worth following the double up and adjust rule.
For example if your mix is too rhubarb heavy you can make up equal amounts but leave the rhubarb out.
Mix the two together and you'll have halved the amount of rhubarb used and wasted nothing.

E-liquids.com
Must confess I did look at the mixes and thought they were a bit heavy for me at least, coming to that conclusion with my own Screwball one too, will probably tone them down with a suitable dilution of the required PG/VG to ease it off a little.

Back
Top Bottom