Innokin
What's new

Help me with a tobacco/bourbon type juice please....

I can only help you mildly actually.

I can’t answer your question per se - our oak aged bourbon concentrate is especially made directly for us and I’m not telling you by who (even if I did you would need to order a minimum of 5ltrs anyway). But I can however send you some of it to play with - we need to order some more in at the mo - but as soon as it’s here I can send you a sample down?
Its way better than any off the shelf stuff (and believe me we tried them all when developing firewater) hence why we had it made.

That would be amazing - thank you so much! What a great forum. Obviously I have no intention of doing anything with it other than just making some personal use juice and playing around with flavours. Your offer is way more help than I expected to get.

I'll PM you. And thanks again!

Smoore
Well, here's a thing..... still messing around with this juice and was a bit pissed off about how thick it was. I read about diluting VG with Vodka and thought I'd do a bit of that to some of it and see how it turned out.

As it happens though, I do have a really good bottle of Blanton's Bourbon sitting in the kitchen, so chucked a few mls of that into the 60ml bottle and gave it a good shake up. It's now about the consistency of PG and damn it tastes good! I didn't measure it, but it was probably roughly about a 1:6 dilution or so, bourbon:juice

There's probably a million reasons why you shouldn't do this, but.....it seems to be working for now. And it's wicking much better too!

There's probably a million reasons why you shouldn't do this, but....

Hmm.....that did seem to give me a bit of a cough last night though. Back to the drawing board....

Vape Green
Hmm.....that did seem to give me a bit of a cough last night though. Back to the drawing board....
Im not surprised ...

please use distilled water to thin things down or if you must Vodka (tho its far from my preference - I dont have never needed to think anything down) - id defo steer clear of anything like Bourbon!

when I send you the sample - you will find its thinner than most concentrates you are used too .. and helps to thin down the final mix.

Im not surprised ...

please use distilled water to thin things down or if you must Vodka (tho its far from my preference - I dont have never needed to think anything down) - id defo steer clear of anything like Bourbon!

when I send you the sample - you will find its thinner than most concentrates you are used too .. and helps to thin down the final mix.

I will say that it tasted good with the real bourbon - I just ended up paying for it. Shan't be doing that again though. Live and learn!

Innokin
I made up another batch of this yesterday. Same recipe, but added 0.5% of "MTS Vape Wizard" concentrate from the Alchemist's Cupboard into the mix. It says:

"You can make it magic !! MTS stands for Mellow, Thick and Smooth, Based on our thorough understanding of taste mechanisms, we are offering a product which we believe will increase the pleasure of your vaping experience. MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid. It can be used on its own, blended with tobacco flavours, or with any other flavour of your choice. There are no limitations as to its versatility. Make your vapour fuller and richer.. Let MTS Vape Wizard work its magic for you! Suggested dosage 0,5-2%. It is a very delicate flavour, and its action is on perception inside the mouth. It should be used in combination with other flavour from 0.2 up to 1% max. It tends to lower high notes and boost the background notes. It is a complimentary flavour and should not vaped as such, due to the fact it has an indistinct taste. Its main goal is to round off other flavours. Perfect for smoothing out tobacco flavours."

We shall see.....

I made up another batch of this yesterday. Same recipe, but added 0.5% of "MTS Vape Wizard" concentrate from the Alchemist's Cupboard into the mix. It says:

"You can make it magic !! MTS stands for Mellow, Thick and Smooth, Based on our thorough understanding of taste mechanisms, we are offering a product which we believe will increase the pleasure of your vaping experience. MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid. It can be used on its own, blended with tobacco flavours, or with any other flavour of your choice. There are no limitations as to its versatility. Make your vapour fuller and richer.. Let MTS Vape Wizard work its magic for you! Suggested dosage 0,5-2%. It is a very delicate flavour, and its action is on perception inside the mouth. It should be used in combination with other flavour from 0.2 up to 1% max. It tends to lower high notes and boost the background notes. It is a complimentary flavour and should not vaped as such, due to the fact it has an indistinct taste. Its main goal is to round off other flavours. Perfect for smoothing out tobacco flavours."

We shall see.....

Now then, that's been steeping for a month already. And it's rather nice. The Vape Wizard does seem to have done exactly what it says as the juice is indeed mellow, thick and smooth.

The main notes are the tobacco and salted caramel, the bourbon is more hinted at and the vanilla and almond blend in nicely.

I'm calling this one a success!

AcmeFog
Back
Top Bottom