Innokin
What's new

OK, so...first mix attempt today....with CBD

adm

Postman
All,

I will be trying to mix my first vape juice later today. Its going to be a zero Nic, CBD juice. I'm not looking for anything special, just trying to dip a toe in the water and see how I get on as a first go. So the profile is going to be basically, fruit only to keep things simple.

I'm going to make 50ml total (just so I don't have to be particularly precise), I currently have 1500mg of CBD isolate dissolved in 50mg of PV, so will be using about a third of it. I want to end up with 10mg CBD per ml of juice at 55/45 PV/VG to make sure the CBD doesn't recrystallise in too much VG.

The full recipe is:

Blood Orange (Flavorah) 5.0%
Philippine Mango (Perfumers Apprentice) 6.0%
Italian Lemon Sicily (Capella) 4.0%
PG 40.0%
VG 45.0%
Base Nicotine Liquid 0.0%

Can anyone comment on whether this will likely be usable as a citrus/mango CBD juice? I have a total of 15% flavourings (mainly PG based). I want the Mango to be the key note, so have that at 6%, with decreasing amounts of Blood Orange and Lemon to add citrus. Will this be over the top on the citrus and should I dial it down and up the Mango a bit?

Other flavours that I have available are: Salted Caramel (FW), Kentucky Bourbon (FA), Vanilla Tahiti (DS), Toasted Almond (FA), Cubano Type (FA), Sweetener (FA), so if you think any of these might add something good, then please shout!

Next attempt will be some kind of Tobacco/Bourbon blend - maybe with vanilla and toasted almonds.

Thanks in advance!

Elux
Which vape tank or pod will you be using?

Good question - and I should have added that data!

I will be using either a Valyrian 2 mesh tank, or a Vandy Vape Mesh V2 RDA. Sitting on a Aegis Squonk mod - but not configured as a squonker.

Vape Green
Good question - and I should have added that data!

I will be using either a Valyrian 2 mesh tank, or a Vandy Vape Mesh V2 RDA. Sitting on a Aegis Squonk mod - but not configured as a squonker.

I would suggest a high resistance coil, or perhaps mouth to lung - something restricted airflow wise. The fruit flavours might actually supercharge the cbd, like terpenes are said to do. Salted caramel might be a bit of a coil killer and careful with the sweetener as well.

For me it's about economic delivery of the cbd, I wouldn't want it all going up in clouds in a low ohm rda set up, hence a higher resistance coil or coils, say 0.6ohm or above.

I would suggest a high resistance coil, or perhaps mouth to lung - something restricted airflow wise. The fruit flavours might actually supercharge the cbd, like terpenes are said to do. Salted caramel might be a bit of a coil killer and careful with the sweetener as well.

For me it's about economic delivery of the cbd, I wouldn't want it all going up in clouds in a low ohm rda set up, hence a higher resistance coil or coils, say 0.6ohm or above.

Thanks - and that's a very good point. Right now though, I only have sub ohm options, so I guess the best approach would be wattage at the low end of the coil preferences, restricted airflow and no clouds!

Maybe a pod or pen setup will be in my future for CBD vaping....

I think I will stick with just the fruit flavours to start with and see how that tastes. Probably best to start simple so I can get a good impression of what each flavour does before throwing too much into the pot!

Royal Flush Vape
Thanks - and that's a very good point. Right now though, I only have sub ohm options, so I guess the best approach would be wattage at the low end of the coil preferences, restricted airflow and no clouds!

Maybe a pod or pen setup will be in my future for CBD vaping....

I think I will stick with just the fruit flavours to start with and see how that tastes. Probably best to start simple so I can get a good impression of what each flavour does before throwing too much into the pot!

I think that's the way to start, if you're not getting a decent hit ramp it up a bit.

What brand is the isolate?

@adm the Flavorah blood orange at 5% will over power both of the other two flavourings as it's an ultra concentrate.
Most of the Flavorah concentrates are much much stronger than the other concentrates out there including inawera and flavourart.
It's said that as a rough guide flavorah contain roughly 9-10% flavour suspended in PG and inawera for example is said to be somewhere like 3-4%.
Do some research on the FLV Blood Orange before you use it as it's likely to be pretty potent.

AcmeFog
Right then, the deed is done. All mixed up and decanted.

Don't know what it's like as I have some Five Pawns Black Flag Risen in my tank at the moment, and Dinner Lady Mango Tart in the RDA. So when those are done I shall have a bit of a clean out and see what's what....

@adm the Flavorah blood orange at 5% will over power both of the other two flavourings as it's an ultra concentrate.
Most of the Flavorah concentrates are much much stronger than the other concentrates out there including inawera and flavourart.
It's said that as a rough guide flavorah contain roughly 9-10% flavour suspended in PG and inawera for example is said to be somewhere like 3-4%.
Do some research on the FLV Blood Orange before you use it as it's likely to be pretty potent.

Oops....thanks for that, but too late! It did smell mostly orange as I put it together. Still, we will see soon enough what it tastes like. I can liv with Orange forward - even pretty strong Orange for that matter.

Thanks for the info - I should have had a final check of this thread before I mixed it up!

Vape Superstore
I think that's the way to start, if you're not getting a decent hit ramp it up a bit.

What brand is the isolate?

Isolate is from IceHeadShop - I've never bought isolate before, or used that vendor, so who knows? I think I read on here they were pretty decent, I I had a look at the data sheet they have online before I placed the order.

Back
Top Bottom