Vape Club
What's new

Vaporesso Degree & Target PM80

eyeball kid

Legend
Now I would have reviewed the Degree before Christmas had it not been kidnapped by UPS.
To Vaporesso's credit, they offered to pay the nearly fifty quid ransom straight away but I needed to stand firm against criminals.
In the end I won my moral battle so I'm reviewing these together not to catch up but as I feel they can work hand in hand as a complete vaping solution.
Huge thanks to Jessica @Vaporesso for baring with me and supplying the Degree and PM80 for us to look at.
These represent my own thoughts and not those of potv as a whole.

Vaporesso Degree
WP_20200106_15_53_14_Pro.jpg

First out of the gates is the Vaporesso Degree.
You get your Degree pod mod already loaded with a 2ml 1.3ohm pod, one spare 0.6ohm mesh pod.
One usb charge cable (2amp charging here for a fast recharge) one handy 10ml fill bottle (incase your short full nib is too large or are using a dropper based bottle) plus guarantee and instructions.
Oh, you also get a lanyard and chain.
The battery on board is 950mah and you've 30w of adjustable power Vapresso Target PM80
WP_20200107_13_56_11_Pro.jpg

Next we have the Vaporesso Target PM80.PM80
You get your PM80 pod mod with a blank pod already attatched with a spare pod in the pack (one more than it's competition) Two coils are included and both mesh and aimed at dtl vapers. You've one 0.2ohm GTX mesh and one 0.3ohm GTX mesh. Charge cable (again fast 2amp charging is available here) and guarantee plus manual.
you've 2000mah of battery here which is incredible considering the size.

WP_20200113_13_30_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20200113_13_29_04_Pro.jpg

The Degree is very much aimed at mtl vapers with the airflow adjustable via the sleeve of the drip tip much like the lost vape orion. In fact the orion is very much where this pod system is aimed and as an orion owner I can tell you that the Degree is better built and vapes far better straight out of the box.
WP_20200113_13_31_11_Pro.jpg

You've a side mounted screen with a sturdy fire button above and two wattage adjustment buttons below plus a usb charge point.
Everything screams quality. It's made from metal with a carbon covered back. The front is firmly held in place via magnets and has a stylized v logo which is cut into the panel to reveal the juice level of your pod.
Dear not though, this is not your only way of checking your juice.. Oh no. When your juice level drops down to the coil inlet you'll get a warning sign in your screen. Bloody marvellous. Filling the pod can be done from outside the mod without removal of the pod via a hole in the top.
This is all down to the excellent Axion chip on board which like previous vaporesso design's has a very DNA like feature of throttling back the power the instant it senses that the cotton in the coil is getting dry.
This feature work's and is a boon for new and seasoned vapers alike. You never get a dry hit from running short on juice or from setting your wattage too high.

WP_20200113_13_33_17_Pro.jpg

Now the big boy.. Well not so big.
The Target pm 80 is very much a dtl kit (currently, I suspect more coil choices will follow) Airflow is completely set via the coil and we're in sub ohm tank territory here. Not as much air as some of the more recent sub ohm tanks but more than say the atlantis/subtank styles.
WP_20200113_13_34_07_Pro.jpg

You must have seen a few of these style pod mods appearing lately from smok (rpm) and voopoo (vinci which I've reviewed previously) among other's. I've used a few and the principle is the same. You've the mod body with a large plastic pod/tank (4mls in this case) held atop via magnets with the coil being able to be removed easily from the base of the pod without losing your eliquid (by holding your pod upside down) and fillings done via a rubber bung at the base of the pod.
the idea is the plastic pods are as easily and cheaply replaced as the coils.
The PM80 opts to leave the slightly temperamental auto draw behind. Opting for the standard fire botton, screens (which is full colour) and simple wattage up and down buttons. Thankfully Vaporesso have placed the charge point in the side of the mod so no more lying the mod down to charge.
You've 80w of power here and it's all controlled smartly via the Axion chip like the Degree.
you can alter your wattage to suit but it will not let you go outside the coils parameters unless you switch the smart mode off manually. I wouldn't touch it as it's a fantastic set up that prevents dry hits or burnt coils. Like the vinci you've a puff counter and display on board the smart, bright and sharp colour screen.
WP_20200113_13_34_39_Pro.jpg

(Coils are very similar in design to the voopoo ones but not completely interchangeable. More on that to follow).
Next to the vinci you can see despite the vaporesso having a larger 2000mah battery, it's more compact overall. Very very well made too. Far outclasses the smok rpm.
WP_20200113_13_35_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20200113_13_42_47_Pro.jpg

I loved both of these pod mods. I honestly would struggle to fault either. The Degree is definitely for mtl vapes with the PM80 for blowing some serious cloud.
flavour is first class on both kits. Again amazingly good.
one minor gripe I've mentioned on the vinci review previous is that I'd prefer too full on the pods but the full bung on the PM80 is far superior and can tell will last as long as the pod.
WP_20200113_13_28_46_Pro.jpg

If I was starting to vape today if without a doubt buy these two. They offer flavour on par with very expensive top end tanks and the automatic controls of the axion chip make vaping idiot proof.
Even now with enough lovely to keep me out of trouble these make life so easy. Just fill and go. No leaks, dry hits or issue's. Just great vaping.
Probably the best new kids on the block and this definitely confirms to me that vaporesso are definitely at the top of innovation right now.
Grab them from your favourite vendor now.

More info from Vaporesso
target pm 80
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/target-pm80

Last edited:
E-liquids.com
Thanks for putting this up will be picking up the PM80 love the fact that it has a clear pod and a 2000mah battery ive got the Aegis Boost which is great so want to see how this compares, used to have the orion and being honest did not think much of it sounds like vaporesso have nailed the Degree though so could be on my list for the future

Thanks for putting this up will be picking up the PM80 love the fact that it has a clear pod and a 2000mah battery ive got the Aegis Boost which is great so want to see how this compares, used to have the orion and being honest did not think much of it sounds like vaporesso have nailed the Degree though so could be on my list for the future
Yeah it's incredibly good.
The target is every bit as good as the vinci but more compact and very sturdy.
The axion chip/board is in my opinion the best currently.
It outperforms the 75c mods I've used and is so far more intuitive. When used in this simplified mode it's head and shoulders above the go for accuracy and hit speed and consistency for me.
The vinci has a 5.5ml tank but the target pm has 500mah more battery. Vinci has a sippy cup drip tip and vaporesso more traditional. Definitely more compact than the aegis.
It's about personal preferences really. They're all good but I feel the target just pips it.

AcmeFog
I will add these vaporesso coils are incredibly flexible. You can run these at a measly 13w and still get a huge flavour filled vape from them and boy they will last.
Unlike older coils they seem to be able to produce flavour all the way through the wattage scale for 10w up to 45w with no issue's.

Now I would have reviewed the Degree before Christmas had it not been kidnapped by UPS.
To Vaporesso's credit, they offered to pay the nearly fifty quid ransom straight away but I needed to stand firm against criminals.
In the end I won my moral battle so I'm reviewing these together not to catch up but as I feel they can work hand in hand as a complete vaping solution.
Huge thanks to Jessica @Vaporesso for baring with me and supplying the Degree and PM80 for us to look at.
These represent my own thoughts and not those of potv as a whole.

Vaporesso Degree
View attachment 208968
First out of the gates is the Vaporesso Degree.
You get your Degree pod mod already loaded with a 2ml 1.3ohm pod, one spare 0.6ohm mesh pod.
One usb charge cable (2amp charging here for a fast recharge) one handy 10ml fill bottle (incase your short full nib is too large or are using a dropper based bottle) plus guarantee and instructions.
Oh, you also get a lanyard and chain.
The battery on board is 950mah and you've 30w of adjustable power Vapresso Target PM80
View attachment 208969
Next we have the Vaporesso Target PM80.PM80
You get your PM80 pod mod with a blank pod already attatched with a spare pod in the pack (one more than it's competition) Two coils are included and both mesh and aimed at dtl vapers. You've one 0.2ohm GTX mesh and one 0.3ohm GTX mesh. Charge cable (again fast 2amp charging is available here) and guarantee plus manual.
you've 2000mah of battery here which is incredible considering the size.

View attachment 208970

View attachment 208971
The Degree is very much aimed at mtl vapers with the airflow adjustable via the sleeve of the drip tip much like the lost vape orion. In fact the orion is very much where this pod system is aimed and as an orion owner I can tell you that the Degree is better built and vapes far better straight out of the box.
View attachment 208972
You've a side mounted screen with a sturdy fire button above and two wattage adjustment buttons below plus a usb charge point.
Everything screams quality. It's made from metal with a carbon covered back. The front is firmly held in place via magnets and has a stylized v logo which is cut into the panel to reveal the juice level of your pod.
Dear not though, this is not your only way of checking your juice.. Oh no. When your juice level drops down to the coil inlet you'll get a warning sign in your screen. Bloody marvellous. Filling the pod can be done from outside the mod without removal of the pod via a hole in the top.
This is all down to the excellent Axion chip on board which like previous vaporesso design's has a very DNA like feature of throttling back the power the instant it senses that the cotton in the coil is getting dry.
This feature work's and is a boon for new and seasoned vapers alike. You never get a dry hit from running short on juice or from setting your wattage too high.

View attachment 208973
Now the big boy.. Well not so big.
The Target pm 80 is very much a dtl kit (currently, I suspect more coil choices will follow) Airflow is completely set via the coil and we're in sub ohm tank territory here. Not as much air as some of the more recent sub ohm tanks but more than say the atlantis/subtank styles.
View attachment 208974
You must have seen a few of these style pod mods appearing lately from smok (rpm) and voopoo (vinci which I've reviewed previously) among other's. I've used a few and the principle is the same. You've the mod body with a large plastic pod/tank (4mls in this case) held atop via magnets with the coil being able to be removed easily from the base of the pod without losing your eliquid (by holding your pod upside down) and fillings done via a rubber bung at the base of the pod.
the idea is the plastic pods are as easily and cheaply replaced as the coils.
The PM80 opts to leave the slightly temperamental auto draw behind. Opting for the standard fire botton, screens (which is full colour) and simple wattage up and down buttons. Thankfully Vaporesso have placed the charge point in the side of the mod so no more lying the mod down to charge.
You've 80w of power here and it's all controlled smartly via the Axion chip like the Degree.
you can alter your wattage to suit but it will not let you go outside the coils parameters unless you switch the smart mode off manually. I wouldn't touch it as it's a fantastic set up that prevents dry hits or burnt coils. Like the vinci you've a puff counter and display on board the smart, bright and sharp colour screen.
View attachment 208975
(Coils are very similar in design to the voopoo ones but not completely interchangeable. More on that to follow).
Next to the vinci you can see despite the vaporesso having a larger 2000mah battery, it's more compact overall. Very very well made too. Far outclasses the smok rpm.
View attachment 208976
View attachment 208977
I loved both of these pod mods. I honestly would struggle to fault either. The Degree is definitely for mtl vapes with the PM80 for blowing some serious cloud.
flavour is first class on both kits. Again amazingly good.
one minor gripe I've mentioned on the vinci review previous is that I'd prefer too full on the pods but the full bung on the PM80 is far superior and can tell will last as long as the pod.
View attachment 208978
If I was starting to vape today if without a doubt buy these two. They offer flavour on par with very expensive top end tanks and the automatic controls of the axion chip make vaping idiot proof.
Even now with enough lovely to keep me out of trouble these make life so easy. Just fill and go. No leaks, dry hits or issue's. Just great vaping.
Probably the best new kids on the block and this definitely confirms to me that vaporesso are definitely at the top of innovation right now.
Grab them from your favourite vendor now.

More info from Vaporesso
target pm 80
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/target-pm80

Enjoyed reading this review thanks, I received mine today and blown away by it, as you say huge clouds and great flavour, beating some of my other favourite DTL tanks, the airflow seems spot on and love the smart wattage feature, I ignored DTL pod mods until this and worried by the overkill copy paste trend but my mind is open again now - bring em on :)

Smoore
Enjoyed reading this review thanks, I received mine today and blown away by it, as you say huge clouds and great flavour, beating some of my other favourite DTL tanks, the airflow seems spot on and love the smart wattage feature, I ignored DTL pod mods until this and worried by the overkill copy paste trend but my mind is open again now - bring em on :)
We've all become pod jaded here so it's easy to miss that these are genuinely a progression worth checking out. Mrs kid is rotating completely between the vinci x, vinci and pm 80 and the pm is her favourite.
propper size tanks (as long as you keep away from tpd stuff) and the first proper line of next generation coils. Coils that vape as well at low wattage as they do at full pelt. Next level flavour and improved wicking plus longer coil life. Great little things.
As you say. Bring me the next contender.

We've all become pod jaded here so it's easy to miss that these are genuinely a progression worth checking out. Mrs kid is rotating completely between the vinci x, vinci and pm 80 and the pm is her favourite.
propper size tanks (as long as you keep away from tpd stuff) and the first proper line of next generation coils. Coils that vape as well at low wattage as they do at full pelt. Next level flavour and improved wicking plus longer coil life. Great little things.
As you say. Bring me the next contender.
Saw a brief clip on YouTube where this has rubber bungs for the air holes to restrict the flow. Wondering if you’d used them?

Edit: referring to the PM80

Vape Green
Saw a brief clip on YouTube where this has rubber bungs for the air holes to restrict the flow. Wondering if you’d used them?

Edit: referring to the PM80
There will be an update soon. Unfortunately the sample I received was minus the bungs.
Not sure if they hadn't been produced in the early reviewer's sample or just missing from my pack.
Ordered Mrs kid another from the released stock item so hopefully that will include them.
Thanks bud.

There will be an update soon. Unfortunately the sample I received was minus the bungs.
Not sure if they hadn't been produced in the early reviewer's sample or just missing from my pack.
Ordered Mrs kid another from the released stock item so hopefully that will include them.
Thanks bud.
Will be interested to see what they do to the draw

Innokin
Back
Top Bottom