Innokin
What's new

Is this the END of vaping? Please read.

Warpig68

Postman
Hello All

Please don't think I'm scaremongering, I'm genuinely worried about this situation with the FDA, and now we have a new spanner in the works, the 'restricted flow' directive. This seems all very worrying, take a look but I'll warn you if you read all the associated links on it, it's a massive read.
Apologies in advance if this is old news to many of you but I think the urgency warrants another post.

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/790...afety-rule-could-cripple-the-vaping-industry/

Premier Ecigs
think we already have the 20 drop rule per minute under the TPD in the UK
wonder if the loophole of zero nicotine shortfills will get around the FDA ruling. knowing them they will plug that straight away.

It's the US reacting late & with their usual tact. Same way they treat foreign powers they don't agree with, "if we can't have it our way we'll bomb shit out of you". The FDA is under Big T & Pharmaceutical Cos thumb so there's always going to be a conflict of interests. Profits over health. Not that their decisions have any effect over here.

Vape Green
It's the US reacting late & with their usual tact. Same way they treat foreign powers they don't agree with, "if we can't have it our way we'll bomb shit out of you". The FDA is under Big T & Pharmaceutical Cos thumb so there's always going to be a conflict of interests. Profits over health. Not that their decisions have any effect over here.

Exactly this. Have you seen their US UK trade deal negotiating strategy? It makes interesting reading...!

E-liquids.com
Reading the article, it seems that a law was brought in in 2016 that placed requirements on eliquid bottles, but vendors ignored it, and now they are planning to enforce it.

I don’t see how it would mean the end of vaping anywhere apart from maybe america.

Vape Green
I do think it is going to get extremely difficult to carry on as easily as we do - although they are too late from the cross over of where they could have ended vaping.
I believe they are going to make nic ridiculously hard to get hold of and its why Im stocking up, as well as cheap RTA's.

Innokin
Reading the article, it seems that a law was brought in in 2016 that placed requirements on eliquid bottles, but vendors ignored it, and now they are planning to enforce it.

I don’t see how it would mean the end of vaping anywhere apart from maybe america.
This is similar to what happened with regard to their law which was designed to stop US residents from playing online poker. Every site ignored it until one day, whilst trying to login onto Full Tilt, I was greeted by the FBI crest stating that they'd taken down the site. I believe Pokerstars paid something like a $750M fine to be able to carry on and avoid prosecution.
The US authorities seem to ignore their own laws until they see a bit of cash to be made and then set about enforcing them.

Back
Top Bottom