Vape Superstore
What's new

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

I'd imagine there'll be a few useless orders till you hit the mark, just been through the same dance myself trying to source compression springs for a mech. Got there after the second attempt though, perseverance is the key :D

Possibly but here's hoping. The plan is to visit them in person, with the measurements and the damaged deck screws in hand. I'm not sure if they deal in screws that small though. I'll keep you all updated, may be a little while before I get to pop in to their place though.

@SteveV If I manage to get some good ones that work, I'll also send you a PM. Plan to send some your way to replace the spares you've sent me, if you want.

Vape Club
That's a really kind thought but not necessary, I bought 2 so I still have a set of spares and I'm lucky because I have had no trouble with mine. If you manage to identify some that work for you though I'd love to know which ones work, just in case.

AcmeFog
Wanted to chime in here to give my impressions, I've been using this RTA for a couple of days so still early days for me, but here are my thoughts:

Build quality - no problems for me, everything fits together perfectly. Threading is great, juice flow control works as it should. Airflow adjust is a little tricky to do without accidentally slightly unscrewing the deck, but it's not a major issue, found a spot I like (3 holes), left it there. Screws are allen key, I would prefer flat head but it doesn't matter too much. Overall, no problems, nice looking tank.

Building on it - very easy, I'm using 6 wraps of Vandyvape Ni80 Fused Clapton, .65ohms, 17W, Cotton Bacon, no problems, and this is my first ever RTA, I normally use RDA's, even for MTL. Few small gurgles on the first few hits when I fill, regardless of whether the juice flow is open or shut, it's nothing problematic though.

Flavour and MTL hit - flavour so far seems better with 50/50 juice than with 70/30, using 6mg juice for both, not quite getting the throat hit I want unless I take a couple of hits in one, so I may try a 12mg, but that's just personal preference and may also be down to the juice I'm using, I'm not fully decided on flavour yet. I get a better flavour and throat hit from the Cthulhu 1928 RDA, especially with the narrow long drip tip, but I think that's to be expected.

Overall it's enjoyable so far, needs a bit more experimentation but I think it will work very nicely as my daytime / work vape.

Thanks for your input @qbass00. If you do manage to increase the throat hit, let us know. Trying to do the same myself, vaping DIY 60VG/40PG 12MG.

Going to rip out my TC build and try 6 wraps of 27g kanthal at 2.5mm, ever so slightly spaced. Usually running around 1.5-2.0mm above the airflow. I've heard raising coils up increases throat hit, but I've also heard the opposite.

As a side note, I'm having no issues with the screws that @SteveV sent me, so far.

I've also had contact from NatureVape, took a bit of work to do so. Will be giving him a call tomorrow to see what's what.

Premier Ecigs
Thanks for your input @qbass00. If you do manage to increase the throat hit, let us know. Trying to do the same myself, vaping DIY 60VG/40PG 12MG.

Going to rip out my TC build and try 6 wraps of 27g kanthal at 2.5mm, ever so slightly spaced. Usually running around 1.5-2.0mm above the airflow. I've heard raising coils up increases throat hit, but I've also heard the opposite.

As a side note, I'm having no issues with the screws that @SteveV sent me, so far.

I've also had contact from NatureVape, took a bit of work to do so. Will be giving him a call tomorrow to see what's what.

I know it might sound funny but it might be worth trying some different drip tips if you’re looking for a better throat hit, and possibly better flavour too. I found that a skinny narrow tip improves things noticeably, plus it feels like you’re smoking a thin roll up, which I used to enjoy when I was a smoker. I’ll let you know how I get on with the stronger juice though, I think it will definitely improve the hit.

I know it might sound funny but it might be worth trying some different drip tips if you’re looking for a better throat hit, and possibly better flavour too. I found that a skinny narrow tip improves things noticeably, plus it feels like you’re smoking a thin roll up, which I used to enjoy when I was a smoker. I’ll let you know how I get on with the stronger juice though, I think it will definitely improve the hit.

I have considered that, I was using an old nautilus mini drip tip. Didn't help the throat hit but it did feel better for reasons I can't put my finger on. Doesn't sit right in there and it's very loose, so I'll have to have a look on fasttech, possibly for a narrower one.

I've always liked the look of the long drip tip from the hastur mini. I hear it is a very narrow bore though.

Vape Green
Well, I put a 12mg 50/50 juice in there and the throat hit is definitely there, so I think that solved it for me. I would also maybe recommend trying a different type of coil in there if you're not getting enough flavour @Toastie , Ni80 has a faster ramp up time so you may get a more saturated hit than with Kanthal, and also some people think claptons don't make much of a difference in MTL but in my experience on an MTL RDA they definitely do, so switching to a clapton from roundwire may also improve the flavour for you. The vandyvape Ni80 MTL claptons work well for me, they come in a spool, v easy to use. One last thought - you could try increasing the diameter of your coils to 2.8mm, might also make a bit of a difference to the hit and flavour.

https://www.naturevape.co.uk/accessories-27/replacement-glass/ultem-tube-for-gate-mtl-rta

For those who want to change the look of their Gate there is an ultem replacement tube available. Looks good I think.

fullsizeoutput_cdb.jpeg

E-liquids.com
Well, I put a 12mg 50/50 juice in there and the throat hit is definitely there, so I think that solved it for me. I would also maybe recommend trying a different type of coil in there if you're not getting enough flavour @Toastie , Ni80 has a faster ramp up time so you may get a more saturated hit than with Kanthal, and also some people think claptons don't make much of a difference in MTL but in my experience on an MTL RDA they definitely do, so switching to a clapton from roundwire may also improve the flavour for you. The vandyvape Ni80 MTL claptons work well for me, they come in a spool, v easy to use. One last thought - you could try increasing the diameter of your coils to 2.8mm, might also make a bit of a difference to the hit and flavour.

Thought I'd replied to this, seems I forgot.

The only thing I haven't tried is a larger coil, I use 2.5mm in this. I usually run 2mm in the dog, but that would leave too little wick in the ports on the gate. No issues with the flavour, could use more throat hit is all.

On the drip tip note, I'm looking to purchase the hastur mini today, will take a while to be delivered but could test the long drip tip on the gate.

Back
Top Bottom