Innokin
What's new

Ehpro True MTL RTA

ps though it is a last ditch bodge

I learnt my advanced engineering skills from this genius......

exactly-what-you-want-to-see-before-your-flight-someone-14028823.png

Last edited:
Elux
Here's one I bodged earlier - you can see a trace of silicone sealant/mastic.....

IMG_20190410_182236027.jpg

the gasket - well I'm sure you can work out what I mean by it and have some Blue Peter sticky back plastic & old washing up bottle skills

OK this proves to me when you buy from our Chinese friends you get a discounted price BUT you take a gamble on quality control. Buy from Manabush or naturevape and you get reassurance that if you get a dud, and I think you wouldn't, the problem would be solved.

Vape Green
OK this proves to me when you buy from our Chinese friends you get a discounted price BUT you take a gamble on quality control. Buy from Manabush or naturevape and you get reassurance that if you get a dud, and I think you wouldn't, the problem would be solved.
This 100%

Here's number 0584 this has been sat for a week on a le petite box half full of juice. Taken straight off and photographed.
IMG_20190410_185810.jpg

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I think the True's design has a minor tiny flaw in that they did not fit an o-ring at bottom of AFC ring
In some cases it manages to work OK if the QC tolerances are within limits

however in certain cases the tank can weep at base around the AFC ring and an additional o-ring could have helped
yet again the law of physics says it "shouldn't matter" like a leak at glass/top of tank that will empty tank as air/liquid equalises to coil

But it does seem to matter in some rare cases - even though the air is open on 2nd/3rd/4th setting on the AFC ring anyway
somehow this gap at base of ring allows the juice to weep out for some reason - even if you never notice juice leaking out of air setting
you remove the tank and you think WTF there is a fair bit of juice under the tank for some reason ????

The actual physics don't quite add up like the rules of syphon or tank flooding through faulty glass seals etc.....
But it does seem to kinda correlate that if your AFC ring turns easily through loose fitting then it is likely the True weeps at base

A second lower o-ring would have most likely stopped this being an issue as the last ditch bodge has proven effective
In my gut I feel also that if this seal at base had been better on all tanks then perhaps just maybe the very picky wicking
just might/maybe/perhaps not been so finicky - this seems a bold statement but honestly these tanks are bone dry now
and I don't pay that much close attention to wicking it with exact fine tolerances like I used to at first
OK you could argue I have sussed the technique, yeah maybe but all the same I feel a better AFC ring or additional o-ring
would have likely assisted in some users turmoil with this tank in certain instances (and save some hair pulling perhaps)

Think the tank should have had an additional o-ring at the base, though there is little room to groove one in, it is so compact
but still feel they should have designed with dual o-rings on the control ring and maybe if the QC wasn't 101%
and maybe if the users wicking wasn't quite 101% perfect, it would have still produced good leak free results
and a better vaping experience for the end user, no matter where the tank was purchased

It is still a nice tank, really nice & compact for stealth setups
just think it had a minor design flaw together with some QC on some tanks resulting in grief for the end user

I'm not a tank techy guru, it is not a fix - it is a mickey mouse bodge that might help some users in despair
it is a real shame though as the True could have been that bit better if the design was slightly improved ever so slightly
and some QC issues were resolved or improved upon (or the tank allowed a little more tolerance in its original design)

I'm with the wicking camp on this one.
It's just the same as most DTL single coil RTA's just in miniature.
Same as Jon above mines sat on a Coral all the time and feel confident to leave it there as it don't leak a drop.
The AFC ring is uneven and bought from FT.

20190410_193436.jpg

Vape Green
I'm with the wicking camp on this one.
It's just the same as most DTL single coil RTA's just in miniature.
Same as Jon above mines sat on a Coral all the time and feel confident to leave it there as it don't leak a drop.
The AFC ring is uneven and bought from FT.

View attachment 189764

The saying: if it ain't broke - don't try to fix it comes to mind
and is very very good advice - the bodge is like I say a last ditch resort before users chuck it out the window

I'm sure I had a tank apart a while ago that had dual o-rings in the base/ring but can't remember which one it was

again the physics say it shouldn't matter - yet the bodge has proven very effective on the True weeping at base
but only attempt this as a very last ditch resort - the thin plastic gasket is a better/easier option to try first
then if no joy still smear or make the Titanic True seal better with a fine smear of silicone and refit thin choccy gasket
but only if your tank pisses out juice no matter how try to wick it and are close to chucking it in the bin

Alright, I'm back. I think the problem is gone now. I have used my own clasic kanthal coil and trap it under the screws. Damn the clamps! :)

Many thanks for the swift and helpful replies!

(I'll test the bubble glass later, i'm not curious for now, I like the slick look of the tank on top of the ehpro 101 mod)

I don't use the clamps either..life's too short. One notable thing with the True, is how close the build deck is to the bottom of the tank. I find that i have to trim the wick very close to the bottom of the wick channels, as otherwise liquid can leak out of the air vent. Other than that...it's a nice tank...nice tight draw from it.

Last edited:
Vape Club
Back
Top Bottom