Vape Superstore
What's new

Review Caledonian Vapes - Heather Cream

Chris K

Vendor
So this one was abit of a punt. I was scrolling through my Twitter feed the other day, winding up Flat Earthers and the like, as you do on Twitter, then a friend of mine in Scotland posted up a 'Thank you' to Caledonian Vapes... Never heard of them so off to the website we go.

Rather basic website but a mountain of different flavours, generally a red flag to avoid them for me but kept on flicking through anyways... Then I found one particular liquid... Heather Cream.

Description is 'Scotch whisky, double cream and a touch of coffee – flavoured with a 25yr old single grain whisky from the Cameronbridge Distillery in Fife.' Scotch? ELiquid? I must try this! It is Limited Edition and after chatting to the maker on Twitter, he alters the Scotch he uses on every batch.

Odd thing is, as some will be aware, Scotch in ELiquid would struggle to get through any testing so must be Shortfill, but I can order it in 3mg... This is starting to sound dodgy until I look abit deeper into the site. They are based on the Isle of Man so the TPD regulations don't apply to them! So it's a 3mg 100ml finished liquid for £12.50 + £3.50 First Class Delivery.

Order goes in late Wednesday night... Friday morning the liquid arrives! How can they do that from the Isle of Man when a company 10 miles can't manage it...?

Label is plain and generic and not printed very well, but I like the bottles, same as Bad Drip use for their shortfills. Suppose it saves on cost having cheaper labels and, end of day, it's a label that tells me exactly what I need to know.

IMG_20190111_114210.jpg

Liquid is a lovely colour and obviously well steeped.

Smells very rich with heavy cream and a hint of Scotch, not picking up any coffee though.

Setup the Fyne Mod (Scotch liquid needs a Scottish mod!) with the Hellfire Sentinel using a single 0.27 Ni80 ribboned coil and Cotton Bacon Prime.

Bottle filled, cotton primed... We are ready to roll!

Initial impression is very good. It is incredibly rich, the cream is prominent but the Scotch really pushes through well giving it a subtle alcohol taste but have to admit, I'd prefer slightly more Scotch and slightly less cream but that is personal preference. I'm not picking out any coffee at all but think it's hidden away somewhere in the deep rich cream flavour. I keep using the word rich but that is the most accurate. I don't think I could use it all day, it would be overwhelming after a while and after 6ml, I was ready for a change. It is 80/20 mix but think would benefit more from being 70/30 or even 65/35, I am being quite picky there though.

As a liquid then, it's very good but very rich, if you use a dripper, it's ideal but if you use a tank or Squonk, I'd suggest only half filling and using solely as a 'treat' liquid. Its ideal to relax on the sofa with a nice beer and enjoy for an hour and savour it, but I certainly wouldn't fill a bottle and use all day at work. I can see this 100ml bottle lasting me quite sometime but being greatly enjoyed on the rarer occasions I break it out.

7.5/10 for me.

Disclaimer - Taste is subjective and I'm simply giving my opinion, you may love it, you may hate it, choice is yours!

Elux
I've been using them for Years, all of their Liquids are made in small batches and pre steeped for Six weeks before selling, youcan get the limited editions which are steeped for Twelve weeks !!! The Clotted Cream Fudge is Lush !!!

great review Chris.
i tried these about 3 years ago and added them to the eliquid list as at the time they were £10 and there was people asking for cheaper juice and these fitted that budget range. out of the 2 i got one was really nice but the other was not my sort of flavour. i just never got round to trying any more so might well have another gander.

AcmeFog
great review Chris.
i tried these about 3 years ago and added them to the eliquid list as at the time they were £10 and there was people asking for cheaper juice and these fitted that budget range. out of the 2 i got one was really nice but the other was not my sort of flavour. i just never got round to trying any more so might well have another gander.

After I ordered I did a quick search on here and they popped up but nothing for almost a year and, as you say, it was mixed reviews.

Guys are currently working on the next batch of Heather Cream, currently sampling different Scotches to pick the right one (Sounds like a hard job to me!)

I'll be ordering the next batch so can compare the two.

Royal Flush Vape
Vape Green
Vape Superstore
I've been using them for Years, all of their Liquids are made in small batches and pre steeped for Six weeks before selling, youcan get the limited editions which are steeped for Twelve weeks !!! The Clotted Cream Fudge is Lush !!!
Yeah, another hidden gem uncovered.
Heard about them a long while back via word of mouth and always had good liquid from them. As you say a pre steeped reasonably priced liquid is a rare thing these day's.

Back
Top Bottom