Vape Club
What's new

Mtl Mesh?

Aye, that one you linked to looks interesting. What I like about the origen is it’s designed for both cotton and mesh, just by switching the insert round. Also I was really impressed with it’s performance, the smoothest airflow and very dense, tasty vapour, especially in dual coil mode.

I’ll definitely be trying mesh in it at some point, it could be a while before I get the time though with a new baby in the house. Squonking has kind of taken over at the minute, just for the convenience. Salix clone on pico squeeze. Fill it in the morning and it’s good for the day, more or less. :)
Yeah I'm running a salix on the inbox in the evening for some tobacco action. Still doesn't beat the strike for me but very good indeed.

E-liquids.com
We have various Videos and photographic Guides up in the Mesh and Gennies Section. Follow these carefully and you'll not go too far wrong. :)
To my mind at least, the key thing to setting up a Mesh wick properly is the prep work prior to installing it.

Assuming that you are doing this in something from the NextGen family, or the In'ax, Sat22 etc style then this is what I do.
I cut my mesh to size, then Torch it. Repeat this on BOTH sides of the mesh. Then start to roll your mesh, remembering to ALWAYS keep rolling it in the same direction. This is important, if you roll it backwards and forwards it will never tighten up!! Roll in the same direction and it does tighten up eventually. :)
Once you have it rolled to the desired size, Torch it again!! Then, drop some of your chosen liquid on to the roll and Torch it again, repeat this process about 3 times BEFORE you install the wick into the device.
This process insures that you will get a satisfying vape straight away! If you skip this part, it will take a while before you get the quality vape I would expect.
ALSO.......... BE AWARE........... Mesh Wicks improve the more you use them! So if as an example, you are building a NextGen style device, once you have done about a Tank and a Bit, you'll then be beginning to get the TRUE Mesh experience. :)

By now many will be thinking, "That's too much faffing about!". Yes, they are fiddly, BUT....... Once done and working properly, apart from the occasional dry burn and rinse, there is NO reason why a mesh build won't last you a minimum of 6 months or more!!! I have one build here which is now 14 months old!!!! Still works like a charm.
@rew let this gent guide you through. I'm but a student to the master.

So, regarding atties, is there a restriction to what a mesh coil can be placed into? I only have the True and the Galaxies MTL squonk. Does the atty require certain characteristics, such as a plastic insulating insert, for it to work and be safe to use? Would I spontaneously combust and require extensive facial reconstruction if I were to stick one in an RTA?

AcmeFog
@Discomatt :) I would NEVER advise anyone to cut their teeth on Mesh Builds on anything that wasn't specifically designed for that purpose. Get yourself a decent Nextiny Clone and learn using that. Once you feel confident in your abilities, explore other devices. I never went near a conventional RTA until I had about 12 months deep experience with mesh in Genesis Atties.

Innokin
Yeah I'm running a salix on the inbox in the evening for some tobacco action. Still doesn't beat the strike for me but very good indeed.

I’ve hopefully got another strike coming (it’s been in transit since October so am not holding my breath for it), and also got the speed revolution mini (14mm one) which is really excellent. Such a simple little device but works so well.

@Discomatt :) I would NEVER advise anyone to cut their teeth on Mesh Builds on anything that wasn't specifically designed for that purpose. Get yourself a decent Nextiny Clone and learn using that. Once you feel confident in your abilities, explore other devices. I never went near a conventional RTA until I had about 12 months deep experience with mesh in Genesis Atties.

Ok thank you.

Vape Green
Think this mesh lark might be a good project for me this year. It sounds like a good skill to have. Thanks @Rob and @eyeball kid . I will follow up on your suggestions

Think this mesh lark might be a good project for me this year. It sounds like a good skill to have. Thanks @Rob and @eyeball kid . I will follow up on your suggestions
I quite literally set aside a day with the nextiny, a bunch of YouTube video's and Rob and crewella at the ready for input.
By the end of that day I could call myself a beginner.
Don't get cocky either as I've dropped a build in first time and assumed I've mastered it, only to make an abomination on the next build.
The rewards for the tobacco and fruit fan are well worth it.

Elux
I quite literally set aside a day with the nextiny, a bunch of YouTube video's and Rob and crewella at the ready for input.
By the end of that day I could call myself a beginner.
Don't get cocky either as I've dropped a build in first time and assumed I've mastered it, only to make an abomination on the next build.
The rewards for the tobacco and fruit fan are well worth it.

Noted. This will be a long term project for me. I know only too well that when you get smug and cocky things tend to go pear shaped.
Have found a NextEra clone that I had squirreled away. Guess this series of tanks are all pretty similar to build on?

Back
Top Bottom