Innokin
What's new

Wotofo Serpent Elevate

Tobytyke

Achiever
Apes,,,, Has anyone got one of these RTA’s?? I quite like the look of it, and top airflow too. Wondered how it performs as I’m sure the majority of YouTube reviews will probably say it’s the best thing since the last best thing :18:

E-liquids.com
I've got one that I won on here.

I'm buggered to hell if I can get it to work at all... I've tried like 4 styles of coils and wicked it well over a million different ways (that last one may be a very slight exaggeration). There's a few "how to wick" it on the tube, tried them all.

I don't want to give up on it, but it's in the cupboard right now and seriously considering whether to re-comp it - I'm back dripping because that just works.

AcmeFog
I'm liking mine. Pretty good flavor at 40w with the included coil. Wicking seems to keep up fairly well at this level but struggles above that, and seems to get a bit gurgley when refilling. Having said that this is only my 1st wicking attempt.

I have one, don't like it at all it
I've got one that I won on here.

I'm buggered to hell if I can get it to work at all... I've tried like 4 styles of coils and wicked it well over a million different ways (that last one may be a very slight exaggeration). There's a few "how to wick" it on the tube, tried them all.

I don't want to give up on it, but it's in the cupboard right now and seriously considering whether to re-comp it - I'm back dripping because that just works.
I've had the same experience with it, tried to wik it multiple times and tried different coil heights, just can't get a decent vape out of it.

Smoore
Well, I've had more of a play with it if anyone cares...

Maybe it suits some people straight out of the box, but apparently I'm really not 'some people'. Two things from wotofo now and both have needed a fair amount of fannying about on my behalf to make them almost suitable for me.

I'm going to do a dedicated review type threadamajig I think.

(Warning, my upcoming reviews are never ever going to net me free shit from manufacturers ;))

Its a decent tank but hasnt blown me away. pros are its a top airflow with ok flavour and easy to wick - i know some seem to have had issues with wicking but been ok for me. i find it needs a little more cotton than i would have expected, otherwise it does spit a fair bit - those juice holes are quite big for a single coil. i found its more prone to flooding than dry hitting. ive had a few different coils in there but havent found the sweet spot yet - gotta do some more experimenting.

i have the augvape intake, which in my opinion has better flavour, but the airflow on that is too restricted for me and vapes too hot with higher wattage - so elevate works better if your willing to sacrifice some flavour for airflow.

I really wanna try the OFRF Gear RTA - reviews are raving and I like the form factor

Vape Green
i found its more prone to flooding than dry hitting.

I found exactly the opposite whatever I do. Lots of cotton, just barely enough to keep contact with the coil, a fair few in between - and 2mm, 2.5mm, 3 & 3.5mm coils.

In fact, I've had to remove a seal to stop it drying out and I'm considering drilling a breather in the cap too to keep the wick wet.

It's nearly reliable now, enough cotton tails to just touch the base right through the juice holes, a removed seal and low wattage (22.5w on a 0.55ohm coil right now) and it's just about keeping up. Mostly.

What ratio juice are you using?

strange - im using 70/30 VG/PG, but used 75/25 also which was fine.
Im vaping on a fused Clapton 2x26(SS) with 40Ni80 outer - 3mm wrap - p 45-50 Watts, 4 to 5 hits in a row and no problem.. also tried with simple 26g SS 3mm wrap @35watts was fine - using cotton bacon 2

i poke the cotton slightly past the hole but spread wide - as its using capillary action i try to keep my cotton as straight as possible with no twists and slight combing and fluffing just to make sure everything is straight

this wick has had about 3 tanks through it, couple of brown spots and coils a bit gunky so room for improvement but doing the job

Attachments

• 20181206_171315.jpg
    20181206_171315.jpg
    1,014 KB · Views: 228
  • 20181206_171252.jpg
    20181206_171252.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • 20181206_171340.jpg
    20181206_171340.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 245
Innokin
I found exactly the opposite whatever I do. Lots of cotton, just barely enough to keep contact with the coil, a fair few in between - and 2mm, 2.5mm, 3 & 3.5mm coils.

In fact, I've had to remove a seal to stop it drying out and I'm considering drilling a breather in the cap too to keep the wick wet.

It's nearly reliable now, enough cotton tails to just touch the base right through the juice holes, a removed seal and low wattage (22.5w on a 0.55ohm coil right now) and it's just about keeping up. Mostly.

What ratio juice are you using?
maybe try with ends of your cotton floating closer to the juice hole than base of the deck?

Back
Top Bottom