Innokin
What's new

Review Nikola Niagara Squonk Dual Battery Mod

Just purchased this yesterday and it's such a simple no bells or whistles device I thought I would try my hand at a review (be kind it's my first attempt).

*Disclaimer*
I am far from an expert but I am a consumer, these are my thoughts and hopefully some useful info to share with others.

Nikola Niagara Dual 18650 Squonk 200w Kit.

All you need to know in a nutshell:
  • Wattage only (up to 200 Watts)
  • Very Compact pocket friendly (though heavy)
  • Easy limited menu
  • Dual Battery
  • Weighty solid build (apart from battery door is flimsy)
  • Takes 24mm RDA's (25mm at a push)
  • Included RDA is perfect if you like to intake your juice through your skin.
The first thing to mention is the included RDA - It's simply useless, the airflow is so low that every time you squonk it leaks, I was fully aware of this before I bought it but I still got it to accommodate my iJoy Combo SQUONK RDTA.

First impressions:
Nice packaging and you are greeted with the mod wrapped in a plastic protective sleeve, grabbed the mod which looked superb with it's brushed stainless steel finish which has a kind of satin feel to it, felt great and threw 2 fresh 18650 batteries in, put my test juice in via a squonk flask, threw my Drop RDA on and was vaping within a couple of minutes, with the batteries and juice in I loved the nice solid weighty feel to it, the fire button is perfectly positioned for thumb firing and ergonomically it moulds into your hand nicely.

Niagara-1.jpg

Trying to keep it as brief as possible so here's the specs and whats included on the box:

Niagara-2.jpg

The Size & Handling
First thing that struck me is just how compact it is compared to my other dual battery squonkers, it feels similar to the Pulse 80 only more comfortable but heavier, this fits into my jean's pocket nicely without it bulking out (unlike the Gbox or Capo 216) I have included some size comparison photos below.

The squonk bottle is very squishy and made from soft silicon, with my Drop RDA I found it too easy to oversquonk but got used to it straight away, gentle little squeeze is all that's needed, but on my Squonk RDTA it filled the 4ml tank very fast.

Niagara-10.jpg

Niagara-9.jpg

Here are some comparison shots, first is side by side with the Pulse 80:

Niagara-11.jpg

Now against the Gbox & Capo 216, length is similar but width is a fair bit thinner.

Niagara-12.jpg

A few of the negatives for me:
  • No spare bottle and it's not a standard size and uses silicone tube inside the bottle with a push fit like the Pulse's, I tried a Pulse mech & Pulse 80 but both were too tall.
  • Next is the RDA, I coiled it up for the hell of it but even that was very awkward, you need to precut the leads as you can't get to the 2nd coil once the fist is fitted, you also have a game positioning the coil to get to the airflow, it naturally wants to sit low (too low to use a coil rod) and I had to wrestle it up, eventually got there but can see the wicking will be pointless as both coils are so far offset and I know it will leak anyway, so back in the box it went!
  • Battery Door, I haven't seen a battery door so flimsy at the joint in anything (vape or other electronics) so I was a bit worried, but once I fitted the batteries it closes nice and snug, I have had no issues with it trying to open so far.
  • Wattage adjustment, it increases at a crazy speed so it's best to get close then single press down in 0.5 increments.
  • Dim Screen, simply couldn't see a thing outdoors, same as on my gbox & Capo 216 - WHY DO THEY DO THAT? perhaps they are designed on the night shift?

Niagara-13.jpg

Jewels on the crown - proper atty's fitted and performance.

Despite the drawbacks I really love this mod, but it's nothing if you don't put a decent atty on it, so far I have tried the Digiflavour Drop which by pure fluke lines up perfectly with the logo at the front, but any way my first attempt I oversquonked due to the super soft bottle, I immediately got used to that and vaped far better than on the Pulse 80 with a faster delivery of power.
I then tried it with the iJoy Combo Squonk RDTA (which is the main reason I bought the mod) and it's performing as expected, the wattage appears to be accurate as it's vaping the same as on my Capo 216 & Gbox.

I tend to vape between 50 to 55 watts on this atty so battery life has been great so far, been caning it since last night, 3rd tank full and the battery is showing around 60% remaining, so I can trust this to take out for a full day.

Niagara-14.jpg

Conclusion + Pros & Cons:

Overall I am over the moon with this mod, it's the best dual battery squonk mod I have tried (so far), it's negatives I can certainly live with, it's a mod I really love holding, using and looking at, yes it's very basic wattage only but it's exactly what I wanted, if you are after TC mode or a lightweight squonker or more features then this is not the droid your looking for, if you want a dual battery regulated basic Squonk mod with great ergonomics, quality feel and simple to use this might be the one you are looking for, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Pros:
  • Dual 18650 battery.
  • 200 watt (if anyone actually vapes that high?).
  • Power locking to prevent changing wattage (hold + & - & firre button).
  • Stylish ergonomic design.
  • Nice weighty solid body.
  • Separate battery door.
  • VERY easy to setup and use with a simple menu.
  • Custom power curve.

Cons:
  • Included RDA is bordering on ridiculous.
  • Flimsy battery door (but closes solid).
  • Fire button is a little bit rattly.
  • No spare bottle - But Stealth Vapes do one - see below.
  • Wattage control scrolling too fast.
  • Dim Screen makes it difficult to change anything outdoors.
That's about it, do I have any regrets buying this? not at all :)

SPARE BOTTLES UPDATE:
Thanks to a kind member I was informed I could get a spare bottle from Stealth Vapes, ordered a couple and had them in my hands within 24 hours, they fit perfectly and even come with a little bung so you can carry a filled bottle with you, link to the bottle below:
https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/GDLB-7-15ML

Thanks for reading (if you got this far) and I hope it helps.
I know I have missed a lot out but my Pico Squeeze 2 has just been delivered!!!!! - yeah bye then! :P

Last edited:
Vape Club
AcmeFog
Usage update:
Well I am a couple of days into using this Squonker so the shiny new novelty factor has subsided.

It's definitely become my goto dual battery squonker and loving it even more, the battery life and performance is great and paired with the iJoy Combo SRDA I just can't fault it.

For those unfamiliar with the iJoy Squonk RDTA I will be including it within my next review of the Capo 216 - but it's the ultimate current gen Squonk atty for me, NO dry hits, No oversquonking and full flavour plus adds 4 ml to your squonker capacity, trying to get my review done today but UK stock of this atty is running out (I have 4 of them).

Premier Ecigs
Been looking into getting a dual battery squank for my Dead Rabbit and this is the best review I've seen written about the Niagara. I also have the pulse 80w and pleased to see the size comparison as I thought the Niagara would have been bigger.
Be great and would be very appreciated if you could do a current opinion comment just to see how it's holding up 3 months in. Been concerned about that battery door looking flimsy.
Also great PX pic
:goodjob:

Vape Green
Been looking into getting a dual battery squank for my Dead Rabbit and this is the best review I've seen written about the Niagara. I also have the pulse 80w and pleased to see the size comparison as I thought the Niagara would have been bigger.
Be great and would be very appreciated if you could do a current opinion comment just to see how it's holding up 3 months in. Been concerned about that battery door looking flimsy.
Also great PX pic
:goodjob:

Here's my current opinion on the Niagara - it's frikkin awesome! and my favourite mod, though I highly recommend you put a squonk RDTA on it to make it the perfect squonk setup, like I said in the review the kit RDA isn't even worth trying.

The Vandy Vape Pyro V2 RDTA also works well on it.

I have bought another one since in Gunmetal, trying hard not to buy a 'spare' in case they stop selling them.

Now for the good news......

The Kits sell for around £65 in the UK, I got my 2nd one Mod only for £29.30 from Aliexpress and messaged them regarding postage, it arrived in less than a week from China :)

Link is too long but search for:
Niagara and you will see your options

https://www.aliexpress.com

You get a discount code the first time you sign up and order.

I bought from Store:Healthy Vape Store and they made sure I didn't get the grey card of doom.

Smoore
Thanks bud, this really is looking like the one for me too. Others are just to big, to expensive or to propriotory for me.
Most likely be using the Dead Rabbit I already have but will seriously look onto the rta squonk.
This will be my home setup while I use the pulse 80w and recurve for work.
Thanks for the link and the reply.
Really appreciated

Back
Top Bottom