Vape Club
What's new

VANDY VAPE 80w BF MOD OVERHEATING WITHOUT USING IT ??

Vape Superstore
I was kidding mate, I posted no more than a day ago in the 'what pisses you off' section saying I hated it when people said 'price point' when they could have just said 'price' :)

Missed that post. Is it just the word point that bugs you or is range and bracket a no-no too?

Vape Green
Price bracket is even worse than point, imo. Range seems ok, to me.

Price point is confusing. It’s not clear to me what it means.

Price bracket is even worse than point, imo. Range seems ok, to me.

Price point is confusing. It’s not clear to me what it means.
Yeah, price bracket is pretty bad. Lol.

Price point is a perfectly normal and useable term to me tho. Flows off the tongue. As does price range. But hey-ho. We all have our own pet peeves so I won't judge. I wonder if it's just price point. How about breaking point? Lol.

point.jpg

Last edited:
The Electronic Cigarette Company
Yeah, bracket is pretty bad. Lol.

Price point is a perfectly normal and useable term to me.

View attachment 166039

Yeah, exactly that ... it's a 'point' because it's theoretical price within a range of prices that something might/could be sold at, so you might stand in front of your white board and say "I want this mod to be at this point here on this scale of popular mod prices" or "I want our mod to fall below the £100 price point here" so people have an idea and a visual representation of the point where the price fits with other popular products ... when you know the price of something, it's the 'price' there no need to call it 'price point' and I don't see the point of using it.... it's just marketing speak.

It's a cracking mod for the price point.

It's a cracking mod for the price.

why would you say the former? ... it's feels like a weird thing to say in normal conversation to me.

Amusing

It's like the over use of 'to be honest' or 'to be fair'

My problem is the over use of brackets (which I do a lot)

AcmeFog
Yeah, exactly that ... it's a 'point' because it's theoretical price within a range of prices that something might/could be sold at, so you might stand in front of your white board and say "I want this mod to be at this point here on this scale of popular mod prices" or "I want our mod to fall below the £100 price point here" so people have an idea and a visual representation of the point where the price fits with other popular products ... when you know the price of something, it's the 'price' there no need to call it 'price point' and I don't see the point of using it.... it's just marketing speak.

It's a cracking mod for the price point.

It's a cracking mod for the price.

why would you say the former? ... it's feels like a weird thing to say in normal conversation to me.
Because when you say "it's a great mod for the price" you are referring to the mod alone in the singular. Great mod at a great price. When you say "it's a great mod for the price point" you are basically saying it's a great mod compared to other mods at a similar price. It's bringing in other mods at a similar price for comparison.

Fair enough, I can see that makes sense ..... I still think it sounds daft though. :)

Vape Club
Back
Top Bottom